Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree939Likes
Thirty Hours In
    Ryka1 is offline Advanced Member

Default Thirty Hours In

Well, 30 hours since my last half hydro. So..... when should the shoe fall?
    DravenDomnq and totalkos like this.

Drewberryfresh is offline New Member

Another day and a half u should start having bursts of energy and feeling better.... Your about half way there... I'm in the same boat I'm maybe a few hours ahead of u
    Leah987, Ryka1 and totalkos like this.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Don't wait for it to fall!
    Because it might not!
    Bette

survivalist is offline Junior Member

It will just at the right time.....
    Leah987 likes this.

40 hours in....thanks guys, for your replies.....Drew...if I have a burst of energy, I'll think I'm dead, because I haven't had energy in so long! Bette.....I REALLY love your reply! No shoe? Wow...that'd be great! Survivalist....I don't love your reply quite as much, but I appreciate it very much, just the same! WHAT!? Maybe no shoe?! All this time, I've made excuses and put this off out of sheer terror...not just fear......sheer terror! Now Bette says the shoe might not even fall?! I LOVE YOU, BETTE!

ReadytoBHappy is offline Banned

Bette is so wise... with that hard won wisdom that comes from experience, merged with her extensive medical knowledge as a nurse.... YES, that shoe might not fall, b/c your dose is so small!!!

I really hope you avoid most or all withdrawal symptoms... that would be great... as long as you remember that 1 is too many and 1000 never enough!! You really don't want to go through this ordeal ever again! I am happy for you!!

Thank you, Ready, so far, I'm avoiding all but the mildest symptoms....just a little aching, tiredness, a few allergy problems....the worst by far is the insomnia! I can't believe I put this off for so darned long! I'm pretty sure I won't go through this again, because both doctors won't prescribe hydros any more. After everything I've been through the past couple of years, including the fear and dread of the jump...I don't think I'll want to take any other pain meds, either. Dang, why did it not occur to me that it might not be so bad because my dose was so low?! When I think of all the whining I've done.....I feel like a total idiot. But, I'm beginning to be a very relieved total idiot.

48 hours in......that means.....I'm beginning my day 3.....right? Oh.....yeah! That sounds nice. Now...if I could just get some sleep.....sigh......Anyway, I've been doing ok using my OTCs. And wouldn't ya' know it. NOW.....NOW....my water heater breaks down. No hot showers for me anytime soon. Oh, well. I think I'll survive.

Elcey is offline Member

Default She's back in the game - yea!

Ryka, aren't we a pair. I am just finishing another day 4 but haven't updated my site yet as I was trying to ensure I WAS serious this time. But I just had to let you know that this has been the easiest w/d yet! Do I want to chance another outcome by doing it again - don't think so! Have had really no issues, except for some fairly easy sweating/chills and some slight anxiety. I was also coming off the tad remaining of my lorazepam at the same time - almost finished with that slow taper - so understandable if I'm a little anxiety ridden.

Anyways, not highjacking your thread. Just letting you know that sometimes things do go in our favour. You had water heater problems; I too had house issues my first 2 days. In fact the Sat. and Sun. before I finished I was so anxious and clock watching trying to eat them all without dying, I was literally trembling in my shoes!

I am so happy to hear you're in the game again. Together we can! I'll update my own thread very soon. I'm sorry for your insomnia. So far (crossing fingers and toes), it hasn't been too bad and the rls was worse before I jumped. Who knows why?
    Hugs and support, Elcey

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

The only regret I ever Had
    And
    I mean Had.
    Cuz I don't live my life with regrets!
    No moe!

Is why did I wait so long to do this'too?
    It is ok!
    Now is the perfect time!
    You are ready!

Take it and run!'

I hate to be the bearer of reality
    But
    We got older while we were on pills
    And sometimes things
    Just hurt!

That way your brain can learn to produce feel good chemicals in case
    We may need them for something big!!

You got this!
    Bette

Quote Originally Posted by Elcey View Post
    Ryka, aren't we a pair. I am just finishing another day 4 but haven't updated my site yet as I was trying to ensure I WAS serious this time. But I just had to let you know that this has been the easiest w/d yet! Do I want to chance another outcome by doing it again - don't think so! Have had really no issues, except for some fairly easy sweating/chills and some slight anxiety. I was also coming off the tad remaining of my lorazepam at the same time - almost finished with that slow taper - so understandable if I'm a little anxiety ridden.

Anyways, not highjacking your thread. Just letting you know that sometimes things do go in our favour. You had water heater problems; I too had house issues my first 2 days. In fact the Sat. and Sun. before I finished I was so anxious and clock watching trying to eat them all without dying, I was literally trembling in my shoes!

I am so happy to hear you're in the game again. Together we can! I'll update my own thread very soon. I'm sorry for your insomnia. So far (crossing fingers and toes), it hasn't been too bad and the rls was worse before I jumped. Who knows why?
    Hugs and support, Elcey
    Elcey, don't worry about hijacking my thread! I want you to get on here and talk my ears off! (or....type my eyes out, in our case, I guess!) I know what you mean about being hesitant about updating your thread. I've jumped so many times, and given up so many times, I just knew no one would believe me if I said I was jumping again. And I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking that! I wasn't so sure I believed myself when I told MYSELF that! But by 30 hours in....I knew I was really going for it this time, no matter what, and we'd all eventually find out if I was right or not. We'll STILL find out, won't we? The deed's still not done yet! lol! I'd been feeling so bad, because I've been on here for 2 years or so now, and tho I finally managed to get off the ultrams, I still was messing around with the hydros. Taper, give in....taper.....give in....etc. What I've put myself through is not EVEN funny, but I have to laugh anyway, to keep from crying....Especially since it was ALL totally unnecessary, to say the least. I felt bad, because I've had so many here in my corner, supporting me for so long, and I didn't have the guts to do this thing. I had started thinking I should get off the forum and stay off, because I was a bad example. And, I started to do that. But, when I hit 30 hours, I HAD to get back on here, but I had to start a new thread, to match the new life I'm going to have. That's how determined I felt, for a change. I do feel really lucky that I haven't had nearly as rough a time as I thought. I mean...that HAS to be a gift from God, right? I've been thanking him personally for 2 days now. I'm happy we're BOTH in the game again, and we're both having a fairly easy time of it. The taper was much worse than this.....whodathunkit? Yes, do update your thread and keep me posted. I'll probably read your thread while I'm up all night! Hang in there, I'm definitely going to do the same. ((hugs))
    DravenDomnq and ReadytoBHappy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iluv2smile View Post
    The only regret I ever Had
    And
    I mean Had.
    Cuz I don't live my life with regrets!
    No moe!

Is why did I wait so long to do this'too?
    It is ok!
    Now is the perfect time!
    You are ready!

Take it and run!'

I hate to be the bearer of reality
    But
    We got older while we were on pills
    And sometimes things
    Just hurt!

That way your brain can learn to produce feel good chemicals in case
    We may need them for something big!!

You got this!
    Bette
    Bette, I think you're right. I'm ready this time. Way more ready than I've ever been. Yep, I've gotten WAY older while I was on these things. That's ONE reason I was so terrified of the jump. I've had some really bad jumps before, and that was YEARS ago, back in my younger days. I had always heard that withdrawal gets harder as you get older....and I didn't think I could handle anything harder than in my younger days. A total horror movie has been playing in my head, over and over, for so long.... with me as the star. UGH!!!! Thanks so much for your encouragement! ((hugs))

Ok...as of a couple hours ago.....I'm on day 4! I'm still doing good except for the insomnia. Any guesses as to about how long that will last? I am so exhausted.....but still determined!
    ReadytoBHappy likes this.

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Hey Ryka, glad to see you're hanging in there!! Sleep was the last thing to really return to me, was about 2 weeks before I started getting more and more, but hopefully with the amount you jumped off of it won't take that long! Nap when you can, and if you can't sleep just distract yourself with something until you can. You're doing great, just keep hanging in there!!

~Wondering if I need to get you more crayons~
    ReadytoBHappy and Ryka1 like this.

Elcey is offline Member

Thanks for the note Ryka. Promise I'll update hopefully tomorrow. Just got in, exhausted and having my milk and hopefully sleep. Still clean, and so glad you're keeping on track. I am with you!
    Hugs, Elcey
    Ryka1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DravenDomnq View Post
    Hey Ryka, glad to see you're hanging in there!! Sleep was the last thing to really return to me, was about 2 weeks before I started getting more and more, but hopefully with the amount you jumped off of it won't take that long! Nap when you can, and if you can't sleep just distract yourself with something until you can. You're doing great, just keep hanging in there!!

~Wondering if I need to get you more crayons~
    Draven, yes, if I don't get some sleep really soon, I'm gonna' need more crayons!
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Well. Here I am, in the midst of yet another sleepless night. I've been using my stationary bike, hoping that would tire me out enough to get some sleep already. Nope. Nada. Zilch. No dice. It ain't workin'. I got out tonight, went to Columbia Hayride. I enjoyed it, but those seats were SO uncomfortable, and man, was I hurting by the time the thing was over. I'm not sure it was worth it. I'm afraid that's what my future is going to be like, now that I'm going to be off pain meds. A lot of doing nothing, because doing something will cause me pain. That's no way to live, either, if you ask me. But, I have no choice. So THERE! End of rant. Pardon me, please, while I chew on a box of crayons and lick my windows. Geeze, couldn't life be easy just once....just ONCE?

zebra1961 is offline Member

Default No sleep

Ryka, sleep is tough at first just roll with it read, tv , project, visit or call some one anything to kill time and not think about it. I rolled 2 thousand times in bed a night!! go up laid down got up laid down nothing worked!!! Worked ,ran and walked till i was so tired i could not stand but guess what could not sleep, I gave up trying to sleep and just did whatever to get me through the night, so i guess what am am blabbering to you is your sleep will return try not to fight it it will drive you crazy.How long till it returns? We are all different so i dont know but i would say inside of 2 weeks you should start sleeping some and it will improve from there.Keep us posted
    Ryka1 likes this.

Mike1966 is offline New Member

Rika, days 4, 5, and 6 are normally the worst. At day 7, symptoms begin to subside. If you have had a few sleepless nights, then you will likely have some sleep around day 7. Are you at work during the day? If so, by day 7 your exhaustion will cause you to get some sleep at night. If you are at home and taking naps during the day, it my take longer to get into a nightly rhythm of sleep. But each withdrawal is different.

Don't fool yourself, the shoe has dropped. Lack of sleep is the worst part of withdrawals. Yes you can have flue like symptoms that are not easy, but the worst part for me was the sleepless nights. You are doing great

Quote Originally Posted by zebra1961 View Post
    Ryka, sleep is tough at first just roll with it read, tv , project, visit or call some one anything to kill time and not think about it. I rolled 2 thousand times in bed a night!! go up laid down got up laid down nothing worked!!! Worked ,ran and walked till i was so tired i could not stand but guess what could not sleep, I gave up trying to sleep and just did whatever to get me through the night, so i guess what am am blabbering to you is your sleep will return try not to fight it it will drive you crazy.How long till it returns? We are all different so i dont know but i would say inside of 2 weeks you should start sleeping some and it will improve from there.Keep us posted
    Happy Easter, Zebra! I try to roll with it, believe me, I do. I'm up and down all night. I read on here, watch TV, read a book, play games, do housework....anything and everything to distract myself from how exhausted I am. It works fairly well until about 3 am. Then I break out the prayers, roll myself up into a ball and cry 'til morning. Thanks, Zebra!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1966 View Post
    Rika, days 4, 5, and 6 are normally the worst. At day 7, symptoms begin to subside. If you have had a few sleepless nights, then you will likely have some sleep around day 7. Are you at work during the day? If so, by day 7 your exhaustion will cause you to get some sleep at night. If you are at home and taking naps during the day, it my take longer to get into a nightly rhythm of sleep. But each withdrawal is different.

Don't fool yourself, the shoe has dropped. Lack of sleep is the worst part of withdrawals. Yes you can have flue like symptoms that are not easy, but the worst part for me was the sleepless nights. You are doing great
    Oh, yeah, this insomnia is definitely BRUTAL! Yes, the shoe has dropped! But, I'm just glad the other symptoms are mild. No, Mike, I don't work outside the home, but I haven't been able to get a daytime nap, either., so idk....Thanks for your input, and Happy Easter!

Happy Easter, all! This is my what? It will be day 5 until about 5pm,I think. Then it will magically become day 6. That is confusing, so I'm gonna' just call today, day 6 . At this point, I'm not excited about hours anymore. I will only be excited if I get some sleep! I've been trying valerian root and melatonin, but nothing yet. Geeze.....I'm going to have stained glass windows again yet. I guess it'll be nice for Easter.
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Oh.....I was too busy whining about sleeplessness, I forgot to celebrate. Day 6!!!!!!!! YAY!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Short celebration. Just tried to take a nap. You guessed it. Nope. It ain't happening. I haven't had a minute of sleep since April 10. Seems like MUCH longer. For the first time since this jump, I'm having doubts about being able to make it. Good thing I have no choice in the matter.

I can't do this anymore.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ryka1 View Post
    I can't do this anymore.
    Ryka - you can do this! I've watched you struggle on this forum for a year and a half, this is the time to get the monkey off your back once and for all!

Sleep is right around the corner! Have you tried any melatonin, extra strong sleepy time tea, otc sleep aids like Doxylamine (Doxylamine being the strongest of the two) or Diphenhydramine hydrochloride?

Hang in there, you're are so close to turning the corner! I hope you stay the course! Take care... God bless us all!

Hi, Ricky! Yeah, I know....I've been hanging around here entirely too long, haven't I?! Yes, I'm using melatonin, Valerian Root,diphenhydramine hydrochloride, and I got my amitriptyline refilled. The doctor said THAT prescription is no big deal, nothing addictive in it. But then, that's what they said about ultram, isn't it? Tonight will be my night 6, so I'll try this stuff once again. The only other thing I know to do is pray hard, so I'll be doing that also, and we'll see what happens. You're right. I do need this monkey off my back, and I need it off now. I' don't know what I'll do if I don't get at least a little sleep tonight. All I know is that hydros are not the answer. I afraid of what else I might come up with, tho.

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Hey Ryka, keep hanging in there!! You're so close to getting over the hump and to have sleep start returning! Keep chewing on those crayons!! One other otc product that I've found has helped me when all the other products listed haven't is Dream Water. I can only find it at Walgreens here, and it's a bit pricey (at least for me), but it does seem to help when nothing else seems to work. YOU can do this!!

Draven, thanks for the advice about Dream Water. Hopefully, tho, by the time payday rolls around and I can afford to buy it, I'll have this whooped. (or not) I'll keep chewing on the crayons, but I'm kind of tired of them, and they don't taste real good. Today seems to have been the worst day so far. Headache, neckache, sinus problems all day long, and kind of nauseated, also all day long. OTCs are NOT working. I'm afraid to even lie down, because I'm afraid I can't sleep again tonight. Geeze, am I a weiner, and a whiner!

NikkiLP is offline Junior Member

Try not to let your anxiety build regarding sleep. It will result in a mean cycle. Wash your sheets..move your bed to a new position..clean off your nightstand. Get a fan so the temperature is cooler then rest of house
    You got this. Try hylands calm support and restless legs..3 hrs will feel amazing. Don't give up. You got this!!
    Ryka1 likes this.

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast