Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Three days off as of wed the 7th, I'm generally feeling alright so far..
    LilKris is offline Junior Member

Default Three days off as of wed the 7th, I'm generally feeling alright so far..

Just no energy to speak of..I get bursts here and there and have been doing my best to get sleep...it seems to be when I'm finally exhausted enough for it. I take my prenatals religiously and dlpa along w a little acetaminophen when needed..these were intended to be skip days..but I just kept rolling somehow.
    I was going to do the one then dose..two..you know the rest!! Lol
    I was just wondering if anyone had any input, I have the immodium but as far as my situation I can't take much else in the way of comfort meds. I used to be an avid Excedrin taker .. otherwise, do you think I should just keep on keeping on? Lastly my final decrease was to .25 and I stayed there until I felt well enough to skip.

Day 4, and not much of a difference in the way I feel..has anyone else experienced only the lethargic feeling and nothing else while jumping? I have a hair appt to take my Gma to tomorrow at 3:30 and still have enough for 4 more days of .25..was thinking if I was absolutely drained of taking a .125 dose to keep me active enough to do a little house work for her and sit through a few hour salon session.. does anyone think this is a bad idea?! I also have an appt w another Prego friend of mine on Fri followed by an ultrasound for myself. I'd hate to derail any progress I've made..but the absolute feeling of not doing anything makes me iffy about both of these appts.. any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Ty, lil Kristen

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LilKris View Post
    Day 4, and not much of a difference in the way I feel..has anyone else experienced only the lethargic feeling and nothing else while jumping? I have a hair appt to take my Gma to tomorrow at 3:30 and still have enough for 4 more days of .25..was thinking if I was absolutely drained of taking a .125 dose to keep me active enough to do a little house work for her and sit through a few hour salon session.. does anyone think this is a bad idea?! I also have an appt w another Prego friend of mine on Fri followed by an ultrasound for myself. I'd hate to derail any progress I've made..but the absolute feeling of not doing anything makes me iffy about both of these appts.. any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Ty, lil Kristen

Hi Kristen -

I'm trying to completely understand your situation so I may offer some suggestions. I have read your other posts, but want to make certain my info is correct. So please let me know if I have it right....

You're about 13+ weeks pregnant? You were going to use the day skipping process, but instead you jumped from a .25mg dose of sub? You've been completely off the sub for 5 days now and feeling poorly? And finally you have about 1mg of sub left and you're thinking of taking a .125mg dose in hopes it will help? Do I have that all correct?

Randy

Wavision is offline Member

Hey Kristen

Do you notice a big difference from being on .25 and being off completely?

I ask because I'm currently at .125 and today was supposed to be my first skip day. However, I woke up with the flu, so I dosed.

Thinking about making tomorrow my first skip day and would like to see how you feel now being off versus being on .25.

Hi guys! Sorry I hadn't seen your replies sooner! I stuck to my guns and have not touched the 1mg, tomorrow will make 7 days. Yes Randy you have that right, I'm about 16 weeks this week! I really don't feel all that bad today, just a little stomach issues and general lack of energy.. I take my prenatals and a b-12 and today I have taken 4mg immodium to settle my stomach. Wavision, I really think I felt worse than I do now on days 1 and 2 of my taper to .25! This started as a skip and I just ended up running w it!

Also made the hair appt, paid some bills for her and did some light house work at my grandma's..Friday will be a little different as it's way earlier but I think I'll be ok!

Day 6 is coming to an end, and to be honest today was seriously not that bad...given I did get to lay around the house..but stayed out of the bedroom, been watching Homeland, which I never did get to see as I didn't have Showtime..lol so I binged a little of that and got a little tidying done so I felt somewhat accomplished.

Still having the energy issue and I look forward to some sleep issues this evening, but I find if I take two unisom I do get a few hours in, which is nice! Still yawning and the occasional double sneeze. But I'm hoping by Friday those will have started to back off a little! Fingers crossed!
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

And posting definitely has a cathartic feeling to it, just to get out worries and hopes to others that know precisely what you are going through is a nice feeling. But so far so good...I will be so excited to post Day 7 tom! That alone gives me the drive I need! 2 weeks ago I didn't know if I would be able to make it this far..and that gives me more hope than I can even express! Good vibes to all and I will see you on here tomorrow! Goodnight!

Day 7! Saying that makes me happy! It makes up for the few restless nights I've had, I know sleep is the last to return for most..I only sneezed a couple times yesterday and I made myself leave the house for a little even w the crazy weather we were having! My stomach seems to be fine and I'm just a little tired! I have an ultrasound Friday to see how things are going, but I've had no cramping or anything alarming this whole week so I believe everything will be ok! I'm going to keep posting as I know I'm not out of the woods yet, but it feels really good to say I've made it a week! Hope you guys are doing well!

Wavision, have you started your skip days? I had the flu right before I stopped, but I admit I didn't want to feel twice as bad so I waited too. Hope you're feeling better!

Good to hear Kris.

Congrats on day 7, you're doing great.

Unfortunately, I have not started the skip days yet. I'm feeling pretty bad with the flu and am not able to sleep well. I figured I might as well just stay at .125 until I'm over this.

How long did you have the flu for??

Today is day 3 for me
    ...hoping this goes away soon.

I think I was sick for about 4-5 days, I blamed it on the taper at first before realizing everyone around me was sick as well! Thank you...I can't believe this is the end of a week! I just thought about it and I am going to get rid of the last mg I have stashed, I don't need anything tempting me! Lol I told my friend that was getting them for me and it took a few days before it stuck that I was serious about this, he hasn't asked since..I have another old friend that kept texting if I needed anything and I had to lay it out there w her as well. I feel pretty good today, sleep was still crumby but I was expecting that

I hope you feel better soon! This feels like a cold compared to the flu!

Glad to hear you're doing good.

Yeah I let the person who got them for me know what I was doing...he asked one time if I needed anything and hasn't asked again. He wants to taper as well, but doesn't know if he has the dedication to. Last time he stopped he CT from 8mg. I let him know he can do it, he just has to mentally prepare himself. Won't be as nearly as bad as stopping at 8mg.

Anyway...

I'm hoping I feel worse now with the flu than I will when I actually make my jump.

The last 3-4 days have been rough and sleep has been horrible. Ugh
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-15-2018 at 07:04 AM.

Thank you! Here's to day 8! I know you will do well too when you're over this >>>>! You hear it compared to the flu a lot...but a true flu is horrible and this is fairly mild! I try not to think about it and that seems to help a lot! I'm not working right now, which is sort of a blessing and a curse..lol so I have a lot of time on my hands. I actually slept pretty well last night, unisom to thank for that I'm sure! But I needed it badly! I don't want to jinx it..but the sneezes seem to be backing off same w the yawns! I (before finding out I was to be a mom) liked to indulge in the occasional shot, and was an avid bong smoker..lol so those two things aren't allowed right now...but would be so nice!

I really hope you kick this flu asap! Its no fun I do know that! Are you taking any remedies for it?

Side note, to think of it...this will be my first Saint Patrick's Day... Birthday..4th of July..etc sober in a very long time! Lol kinda bummed me out at first but I've been abstaining for months now from everything else so once I'm over the hump and feel normal it will be interesting at least!

Good morning! Quick post! I'm awake after a decent night's sleep...would have loved to sleep in! I'm about to finish getting ready and go collect my friend for her appt and then mine!! So day 9 is off to a good start!!!

I was extremely nervous about today a week ago...now I'm just sleepy but ok! Which I can handle! Hope you're all doing well!!

Wavision hope that flu is coming to it's end for you! Tty later!!

Good to hear you slept well. Sounds like you have a busy day planned, which is good.

I'm starting to feel better. I feel 100% better than a couple days ago. I should be ready to start my skip days in another few days. Want to try to get caught up on some rest first.

Hope you have a good day today. Let us know how it goes.

Day 9 coming to an end, I am so tired! But otherwise feeling pretty good! I'm glad you're starting to feel better, today alone I've heard several people say they were either getting over or just got the flu

Didn't hit post fast enough, lol but I made it to both appts on time! And although my little one was moving too much to be positive...the lady said if she was a betting woman, she would say it's a boy! Needless to say my fiance was psyched..but I told him to not get too excited and paint everything blue! I hope your day went well! About to make a run for malt vinegar for tomorrow's St Patrick's Day get together...lol can't have cabbage and corned beef without it!

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Hi Kris,

Just popped in to belatedly welcome you to the Forum. I just caught up with your thread and so congratulations on the baby and for your successful jump. I'm a bit late, but at this point DO NOT take any more sub! Get rid of that 1mg you have just in case you're tempted to take it. You've made it a complete week. Done deal.

Sorry you have all that lethargy but remember that you're pregnant. While certainly a part of that is likely due to your jump, the first trimester of every pregnancy is exhausting. Blame it all on that. It's easier to accept.

Take care of yourself. You've done great!

Peace,

Cat

Thank you very much Cat! I too have thoroughly read your story! You're amazing!

As for the mg...done and done...I threw it away in the last bag of garbage to go out this morning...lol seemed fitting!! I'm actually now into my second trimester so I'm hoping the fatigue from that aspect will soon lift! I'm about to end my day nine, so I hope to see some good improvements from here on out..and can do it w a healthy conscious know that my upcoming appts will be drug free and I won't be scrutinized like I so desperately feared.

I like so many others wished I had done it sooner! Reading all the stories bad or good gave me hope and I just did it... with the taper plan from the late Robert to definitely thank! May he rest easy knowing how many he helped and continues to help.

I know I'm not out of the woods quite yet, but I've been pretty busy this week since Monday and so far no issues, haven't needed immodium in days now, an occasional sneeze and or runny nose...a few yawns here and there. But everything else is pregnancy symptoms..and now I'll actually be able to blame some things on that and not the taper or jump! ☺️ Thank you for checking in on me! I intend to keep posting daily!
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by LilKris View Post
    Thank you very much Cat! I too have thoroughly read your story! You're amazing!

As for the mg...done and done...I threw it away in the last bag of garbage to go out this morning...lol seemed fitting!! I'm actually now into my second trimester so I'm hoping the fatigue from that aspect will soon lift! I'm about to end my day nine, so I hope to see some good improvements from here on out..and can do it w a healthy conscious know that my upcoming appts will be drug free and I won't be scrutinized like I so desperately feared.

I like so many others wished I had done it sooner! Reading all the stories bad or good gave me hope and I just did it... with the taper plan from the late Robert to definitely thank! May he rest easy knowing how many he helped and continues to help.

I know I'm not out of the woods quite yet, but I've been pretty busy this week since Monday and so far no issues, haven't needed immodium in days now, an occasional sneeze and or runny nose...a few yawns here and there. But everything else is pregnancy symptoms..and now I'll actually be able to blame some things on that and not the taper or jump! ☺️ Thank you for checking in on me! I intend to keep posting daily!
    It's pretty amazing how motivated we can be for our children. Just the push you needed. Now you can release any shame you may have been harboring and get on with the healing. So great. Yes, I'm sure you will just continue to improve from here on out. I've never used subs (thank goodness!) but I've been around here long enough to have watched so many others during their tapers and their jump. It seems fairly routine to feel the worst of anything that is to come in the first couple of weeks with steady improvement so I doubt that you'll have any issues any worse than you have already experienced. YAY! It does take quite a while before the sub will not show on a drug screen so expect that. If you're curious, you can order test kits on line and they're cheap. I bought some for my son a few years ago and I think I paid less than $10 for 3 or 4 of them. It doesn't really matter at this point but I can imagine myself in your position being anxious for that squeaky clean pee. lol Oh yes I'm a true addict. When I want it, I want it now.

Best wishes.

Peace

Cat
    davepeerson likes this.

Cat, St Patrick's had me tied up and I made my big announcement to the family! I got rid of any and all temptations and made it very clear to any of my friends that were assisting me in getting them off the street that I am dead serious about this! I was at .5 for a while and .25 for a short time...day 11 is coming to an end! So woohoo to that! I'm hoping some of the lethargy lifts soon... we'll be moving soon and I need to get to packing! Lol but otherwise I feel pretty decent!

I had read so many jump stories and kept pushing it off while staying well under the 1mg mark...it is indeed to push I needed. I don't even crave them...wouldn't want to start this over for the world! Lol tom will be day 12! And I have bupe test strips and some thc tests...but I've been passing those w flying colors for about 1.5 months! Lol I'm going to wait two more days and see what the test says! So fingers crossed...but I have seen where it can take weeks to be completely clear! I'll def post that update!! Thanks again for checking in on me..it really helps, especially from mother's! We aren't perfect but we can be for our kiddos w a little self restraint!! ❤️

Looking forward to enjoying this from here on out without the stress!! And I like what you said...now I can begin to truly heal. Thank you for that.
    Best wishes to you as well, hope everything is going great!
    Kris

Day 12, coming to a close! Talking to my also prego friend about her baby shower next month and what all needs to be done. She has been a very close friend for as long as my fiance and I have been together and knows of my past, but I have always been too good at keeping my habits close and not telling people.
    The only people who know I've been on and have now quit subs are the people I bought them from. One I would call a good friend, the other more a dealer..but both have been very understanding and haven't asked since the first few days.
    I sometimes don't know how I kept things a secret, I've lived with my significant other for years and have only been busted for getting too buzzed on Xanax a time or two. He doesn't drink or do anything, he had even quit cigarettes before I met him..and is a former alcoholic. I would say he's cured, as before I discovered I was expecting I liked to drink a fair amount.
    I'm more than happy to know I won't have to worry while we pack about finding a random drug and having to explain it...I waited til I was feeling better and did a pretty thorough search of my hiding places for empty wrappers and whatnot.
    Lol now I'm rambling, but today wasn't too bad, a little upset stomach but grease doesn't seem to sit well with me in this condition and I wouldn't even associate this with wd. I believe I am getting past the worst (again which was never very bad) and aside from a restless night here and there and the stomach issues...both of which go with pregnancy hand and hand..I'm feeling pretty good! Can't wait for my natural energy to come back, I have always been an energetic person...so the only thing driving me nuts is lethargy!

Here's to day 13, and then on to 2 full weeks! (Cheers with my hot chocolate!)

Wavision, I hope all is going well with you..and that the flu has vacated you by now! I def know how fun that is, especially while trying to skip or kick! Good luck to you my friend! Hope to hear from you soon!

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey Kris. Just wanted to poke my head in and say congratulations on everything you've accomplished thus far. I've been lurking and keeping up with your story since you got here but you've been receiving excellent advice and suggestions from everyone so I really haven't had much to add. You've got a great mindset and positive outlook going for you. When I jumped from the subs I did my best to keep positive. While it was really difficult some days I gotta say it helped. And the lethargy.... ugh. Just plain brutal. No way around it. Staying active helped. Even if it was just a walk around the block. But don't worry it will come back, it just takes time.

Congratulations again!!
    Sending all the positive vibes your way for you and your bun in the oven!!!
    Have a great night
    Beef
    davepeerson likes this.

davepeerson is offline Platinum Member

Kris....I too just read your thread, and wanted to Say Congrats on your Taper and Jump from .25mg......I'm not sure I remember reading how long you had been on other stuff and then Subs.....But sounds like you've gotten through the worst....Energy probably the slowest thing to come back....but it DOES!! Keep up the Great Job, and Congrats on the pregnancy!! Stay Strong Just For Today!!..xo

Hey guys! Day 14!

Lol...I had a super long post and it only saved and posted the first line! Anyway..thank you both for your words of encouragement, I feel like I know you both from all the advice you have given through this forum, I've been lurking a while...I'm so glad I made the jump finally! It's crazy to have hit 2 weeks, sleep is returning to somewhat normal..still lethargic, but I know that will end eventually!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast