Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 195967686970 LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,070 of 2076
Like Tree1767Likes
Took last piece Suboxone....1 day of Vic...then Done!!!
    davepeerson is offline Platinum Member

Quick Update....Karen is Home Safe and Sound!! Today is My Day 15.....and Really....feeling pretty good!! Still know I will run low on energy as the day goes on....but....I can deal with that!! I am Very Grateful to be Free from having to take that little orange stuff every day!! Gonna make the Gym again today, and do what I can! I know before....Once My energy started Really coming back....I actually felt stronger than while on subs!! I believe that WILL happen again....in Time!! Thanks to All of You again.....I will not venture to far from this forum this time!! I might not Post Every Day....but Most!! Stay Strong Just For TODAY!!.xo

Where did Everyone Go????..Stay Strong Just For TODAY!!

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by davepeerson View Post
    Where did Everyone Go????..Stay Strong Just For TODAY!!

dave, I see members logging in all the time but they're not posting? I said it before and I'll say it again, this place is NOTHING like it once was! I log in everyday looking for support on my thread and there's nothing these days! I feel sorry for any new members but then again they usually do not even check back in after their first post/thread!

I don't know dave? I've been struggling these past couple of days which has gotten me worried! I was down to 15mg/day and in the past two days I've taken 160mg! I just wasted meds which cost a lot of money! And I don't have any money to replace those meds! If I don't get back on track then these last two weeks of tapering will be for nothing! I'm glad you're off the subs now, don't look back cause this is no way to live! Take care dave... God bless us all!
    davepeerson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    dave, I see members logging in all the time but they're not posting? I said it before and I'll say it again, this place is NOTHING like it once was! I log in everyday looking for support on my thread and there's nothing these days! I feel sorry for any new members but then again they usually do not even check back in after their first post/thread!

I don't know dave? I've been struggling these past couple of days which has gotten me worried! I was down to 15mg/day and in the past two days I've taken 160mg! I just wasted meds which cost a lot of money! And I don't have any money to replace those meds! If I don't get back on track then these last two weeks of tapering will be for nothing! I'm glad you're off the subs now, don't look back cause this is no way to live! Take care dave... God bless us all!
    dave, I seen your post on my thread, thanks for the support as always. I think I'm feeling more and more like hopes1211 did before she decided that the forums weren't a positive thing for her anymore? I was hesitant to come back because I knew how slow the forums were and I was afraid that I wouldn't receive the support that I wanted/needed? In the beginning it looked promising but it didn't last long which is a huge downer! And even when I'm trying to reach out to any newbies to offer help and support I am finding that most of them never come back after their initial post and/or they lose interest quickly? I'm not sure what I'm going to do quite yet so I'll think about it for a bit? I am glad that you got through to the other side and I'm hoping and praying that I'll be right behind you in the very near future? Take care and keep on keepin on! God bless us all!
    davepeerson likes this.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    dave, I seen your post on my thread, thanks for the support as always. I think I'm feeling more and more like hopes1211 did before she decided that the forums weren't a positive thing for her anymore? I was hesitant to come back because I knew how slow the forums were and I was afraid that I wouldn't receive the support that I wanted/needed? In the beginning it looked promising but it didn't last long which is a huge downer! And even when I'm trying to reach out to any newbies to offer help and support I am finding that most of them never come back after their initial post and/or they lose interest quickly? I'm not sure what I'm going to do quite yet so I'll think about it for a bit? I am glad that you got through to the other side and I'm hoping and praying that I'll be right behind you in the very near future? Take care and keep on keepin on! God bless us all!

Awwww Ricky I'm so sorry your having to go through all this...
    Im not quite sure what you mean about not getting support here on the forum..
    Yes its slow yes we know people are reading lurking and not posting I'm not sure about you but many of us are guilty of just reading and not sharing our experiences. Some of the newbies to afraid to post to afraid to admit there drug problem I can identify with them all that was me. I am sooo Grateful for the few that were here to support me on my day one... I didn't need10-20-30 people to stand by my side it took just that one addict helping another threw the darkest time of my life....this journey I'm on my life wow what I've learned about myself in the last few years... I love myself today I'm comfortable in my skin. I have patience empathy compassion... I feel today what a gift... Im grateful....
    Ricky there is no magical pill you know all this... Stop beating yourself up chit happens but you need to really want this for yourself... You are worth it Your life depends on it Ricky... That one too many thousand never enough... Gets harder every time... I'm an addict I can justify anything... Get out of your own head you can do this my friend....

~love you Ricky....
    davepeerson likes this.

Oh hey Dave...
    I'm right here
    Proud of you Dave... So Karen is home your Clean Yay...
    I saw your post that you weren't going to post everyday well Dave why not the five minutes it takes to post an update post some inspiration just might save one person's life and that life might just be yours... I know for me this forum saved my life helped me in early recovery and still does not to stay clean today but there is hope we can and do recover... I will never be cured...

~I have a choice today
    I can choose recovery or I can choose relapse
    Just for today I remain Vigilant in my recovery....
    davepeerson likes this.

As always....You are Spot on Nghtmare!! I will Post OFTEN!! I may Miss a day....but.....I Promise to You and Myself....I am NOT going anywhere this time!! Tried that before and See where it got me!! I agree what you said to Ricky as well....I hope and Pray You get this Ricky!! Please keep posting and fighting the fight!! You CAN get on the other side of this!! Stay Strong Just For TODAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lvg nghtmare View Post
    Awwww Ricky I'm so sorry your having to go through all this...
    Im not quite sure what you mean about not getting support here on the forum..
    Yes its slow yes we know people are reading lurking and not posting I'm not sure about you but many of us are guilty of just reading and not sharing our experiences. Some of the newbies to afraid to post to afraid to admit there drug problem I can identify with them all that was me. I am sooo Grateful for the few that were here to support me on my day one... I didn't need10-20-30 people to stand by my side it took just that one addict helping another threw the darkest time of my life....this journey I'm on my life wow what I've learned about myself in the last few years... I love myself today I'm comfortable in my skin. I have patience empathy compassion... I feel today what a gift... Im grateful....
    Ricky there is no magical pill you know all this... Stop beating yourself up chit happens but you need to really want this for yourself... You are worth it Your life depends on it Ricky... That one too many thousand never enough... Gets harder every time... I'm an addict I can justify anything... Get out of your own head you can do this my friend....

~love you Ricky....

Well, I guess I was spoiled my 1st time here back in October, 2015? Not sure where I said I was getting no support just not as much support as in the beginning of the thread but their are certainly days that there is no support!

It is what it is, everybody needs different amounts of support? I'm not blaming anyone it's just the way the forum is these days! Many, many members have left for whatever reason and have not returned. I'm sure many of them had frustrations with the forum and how it is being managed, the off topics of discussion, etc...?

I know who has been logging in as long as they are not lurking "incognito"? I have asked some of those members direct questions on their threads and still haven't gotten a reply even though I know they have logged in several times since I posted the question/questions? Like I said, those are my thoughts and frustrations and may or may not be shared by others and that's okay! There is no one here that's been around for a while that can disagree that this is the absolute worst it's ever been as far as traffic is concerned, there has to be a reason for that and the reason is not that people are scared to post?

I appreciate everyone who took the time to post on my thread, the way I feel has absolutely nothing to do with you guys. I will get off these effing evil pills sooner than later, that I can assure you! Be well forum friends... God bless us all!
    davepeerson likes this.

Hi Dave how goes it...
    Better and better everyday eh...
    Grateful not to be a victim...
    Posting here reminds us where we don't want to be. We cannot afford to be Complacent in our recovery...

~Just for today...
    davepeerson likes this.

ChiefChe is offline Senior Member

Hi Brother Friend Dave,

Confession: It takes me way more than 5 minutes to make a post of here- lol! I attribute half of that to where my brain is at & the other b/c I like to read & write between the lines sometimes. It’s ridiculous how many posts I’ve started & never finished. It’s all part of My journey & I understand that but what I realize is y’all will never know what I’m thinking if I never get it physically communicated.

So with that said, I’m so stinkin proud of you! I know it was no walk in the park but your mind was set & it all went down exactly how you knew it would. Congratulations My Friend!!!!

❤️
    Che
    davepeerson likes this.

It's going Ok Nghtmare….Still have sleep and energy difficulties...…...and Stomach issues as well!! But.....Nothing I wasn't expecting to Deal with.....Like I have said before.....Patience is what it Takes!! In MY opinion....that's what takes many people back out....They give up before everything starts getting So Much BETTER!!
    Che.....You ARE a character..... I can't imagine what goes on in that head of yours... Thanks for the Congrats.....Things are going well....but......I will be Happy to have these last few side effects go away!!...So....Yeah...Day 17 coming to a close.....and I couldn't be more Grateful!! Thanks again!!! Stay Strong Just For TODAY!!..xo

Leah987 is offline Senior Member

Hey, Dave! Glad to hear how well you're doing, and that your lady is back home safe and sound! You will DO this....you're a very strong guy! ((hugs))

Thank You Leah 987.....So Day18 has been So So.....I swear....I think I should be feeling much better by now....How WE forget!! I'm telling you guys....Stay STRONG....if your currently Clean.....and if not....It's a Battle.....But One YOU can WIN!! It's Hard Man....Really.....Once the worst is Over...….this lingering STUFF is So frustrating!! But....it's not like I didn't know what I was in for....Praying for You Ricky......and the others who are just days into this journey!! I will also add though....I KNOW how it gets.....when it does get better.....and have always said....I Feel Stronger....better overall......Everything is better.....So....bottom line.....Stay Strong Just For TODAY!!.xo

Hey Dave,

Isn’t it grand to count up the days instead of obsessively counting down? One day we’ll figure out what this all means so we better make the most of it while we’re here. I’m so Proud of All of Us!

Thank You for all your kind words. It warms my heart that you tried to imagine what goes on in my head. I, Myself, am trying to figure out the same thing.

Just For Today,

❤️
    Che
    davepeerson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefChe View Post
    Hey Dave,

Isn’t it grand to count up the days instead of obsessively counting down? One day we’ll figure out what this all means so we better make the most of it while we’re here. I’m so Proud of All of Us!

Thank You for all your kind words. It warms my heart that you tried to imagine what goes on in my head. I, Myself, am trying to figure out the same thing.

Just For Today,

❤️
    Che
    Oh Che.....What a Nice surprise to wake up to a post from You!!...Yes....It is very Nice to be counting Up instead of counting Down!! I have to be honest though....Here I sit on Day 19.....and wishing I could sleep better.....and have a bit more energy?? But....I know it is coming.....Also....if I DO look back.....19.....is much better than 9......The thing that makes some people give up is the frustration of waiting for that energy to return....So.....I don't want to discourage anyone.....it does take patience....But the reward when it starts coming.....some days really Great.....some still a little slow......but eventually......and it might take a month...maybe a little more.....but when it starts coming back....I will Repeat....I DO feel Better....Faster....Stronger.....than anytime I was on subs.....or percs…...etc!!
    I'm not going to figure out what goes on in Your Head...'Che"....heck......I can't even figure out My Own!!
    One Last thing on this Wonderful Day 19......Anyone out there just reading.....I encourage You to start a Thread.....And let's get You Counting Clean Days!! Plenty of Good People Here waiting to read Your Story, and Help in anyway that WE can!! Or just plain support You!! Stay Strong Just For TODAY!!...Go Hawks...( Gonna be a tough game >>.the red Hot.....RAMS?? )…."Don't Let The Past Steal Your Present"!!.xo

Hi Dave....
    I knew you could do it...
    Proud of you my friend....
    davepeerson likes this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Yay Dave!!! Congratulations big guy. But I wasn't worried. I knew you had this!! Couldn't be happier for you. Enjoy it my friend.

Have a great night!!
    Beef
    davepeerson likes this.

Hi Dave....
    I knew you could do it...
    Proud of you my friend....
    Thank You Nghtmare!! You definitely helped Me with Your Support......Much Appreciated!!...Winding Up Day 20.....It's been a pretty good day.....but I am still waiting for More Energy??..I know that takes Patience.....which is tough....But.....Yes.....The worst IS Over!! Now it's kinda good days.....that will keep getting better as My Poor brain tries to Heal Yet One More Time!! Like I've said.....I Hope and Pray this is it.....I Just Can't go through this anymore......I Know though....it's only a Daily Reprieve!....This is the Biggest thing I NEED to remember!! But....Dang....I am 61 Years old.....My poor brain can't go through this AGAIN......Ever!! Anyway....Thanks to Everyone!! GN....Stay Strong Just For TODAY!!..xo

Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    Yay Dave!!! Congratulations big guy. But I wasn't worried. I knew you had this!! Couldn't be happier for you. Enjoy it my friend.

Have a great night!!
    Beef
    Thanks Beef!! And Thanks For your Support as well!! I had a Nice cheering squad....helped More than you know......well.....maybe U do know!! Much better to have Friends Like You all cheering Me to that New Day One!! Day 21 this morning!! Up early to take Karen in for the dreaded Colonoscopy!! Sure Glad I have 20 Days behind Me....Feel Ok.....Talk to you all later on Today....have a Great Tuesday!! Stay Strong Just For TODAY!!

Had a Long Day Yesterday.....But got through it!! Day 22 Today...….My biggest problem remains sleeping past 5;30am to 6;30am.....I usually don't get up till closer to 8...8;30...….which in turn hinders My Energy!!...Like I keep saying.....it will require MY Patience!! I Go back to work on Day 24....which will be Friday! I'm not to concerned about that....in fact.....I am hoping it's a Good thing!! I will check in later to see if anyone is around! If your reading Ricky....I'm Praying for you My Friend!! Keep Fighting.....I Can see the light.....Stay Strong Just For TODAY!!

Day 23 Update.....Slept a little better last night....hoping that continues to improve?.Anyway…….little stomach issues still.....and I would say MY energy ….depending on if I get decent sleep....is....probably about a 7 out of 10!! Gonna get to the gym for a good workout....and tomorrow return to work......Check in later......Stay Strong Just For TODAY!!!.xo

Hi Dave...
    You sound fantastic... Yay....
    You know I just have to say remain Vigilant in your recovery...
    Make meetings call your sponsor be of service...
    YAY Dave racking up those clean days...

~Patience is a virtue

Got to the Gym....Good day overall......Still....stomach not 100%....But Not Bad!! Energy is pretty good, but still fades as the afternoon moves along....Gotta get My Lunch packed for work tomorrow.....first Day since I started this …..I AM ready.....least I think I am......Sleeping decent will help!! You gotta be energetic to be dealing with customers all day!! Here's to Hoping All Goes well!! Work again Saturday.....Both Long 8 hour Days.....??..I Really Do think it's gonna go well.....It WILL be day 24.....I am VERY glad I had this much time to get feeling better!! Anyone just reading.....I'm praying for anyone trying to get off this "BEAST"!!...Stay Strong Just For TODAY!!.xo

Hi Dave...
    You sound fantastic... Yay....
    You know I just have to say remain Vigilant in your recovery...
    Make meetings call your sponsor be of service...
    YAY Dave racking up those clean days...

~Patience is a virtue
    Thanks Nghtmare…..I Hear You Loud and Clear!! That has always been My downfall....So....I Know!! Believe Me.....I will be retiring for Good in December.....and I WILL be doing more meetings....like I was doing before I started working again at Trader Joes......back in 2016!! Then I just started tailing off.....was working when My favorite meetings were going on.....and I KNOW....I should have found replacements instead of slowing way down on all of that.....But I WILL be Vigilant like Never Before!! I am So Grateful to be FREE Once Again.....But.....reminding me never....ever hurts!! So Thanks again for telling Me what I Need to hear....ALWAYS!! And I am remaining Patient for these lingering issues to slowly fade away.....and They WILL!! Stay Strong Just For TODAY!!.xo

Hey Dave....
    Today is 707 days clean for me and you know what I realised...
    That sometimes I'm exhausted sometimes I have no energy that maybe it's just a bad day ya know... I don't have to over think everything maybe I'm just human having a bad day... And its just a feeling this too shall pass....
    Ha lol...
    Have a great first clean day at work my friend....
    davepeerson likes this.

Your right Nghtmare…….Just because we are withdrawling…….or Clean for sometime doesn't mean your going to feel good everyday??...So I am back to work Today.....Which should be good for Me.....Sleep wasn't My Friend last night.....I'm sure being a little stressed because of work return.....and wanting to sleep So well......Who knows?? I figure I got around 4 to 5 hours sleep.....which should get Me through Today.....just wish it could have been better.....but I will persevere!! Wish Me Luck.....Have a Good Day My Friends....Stay Strong Just For TODAY!!..xo

Hey Brother Friend Dave,

How was that first day back?

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefChe View Post
    Hey Brother Friend Dave,

How was that first day back?
    Hi Che.....You know.....it wasn't all that bad!!...It felt good to be talking with customers again.....and Co-workers....I DO miss that!! But....Especially with the lack of sleep.....I'm sure glad I was on day 24....and not 10 or 12?? I powered through Very Well.....I think!! Was I tired.....yeah.....but I actually felt little rushes from interacting with everyone....I hope I sleep better tonight.....and Look forward to going in for an 8 hour shift tomorrow.....today was 7!! So.....I believe if I can get through Today on maybe 4 or 5 hours sleep......I an BACK!! I know the energy still needs to slowly work it's way back....but I can run on 75%!! Thanks for asking....or checking in on Me Che!!..Love ya All!! Stay Strong Just For TODAY!!..xo

Hi Dave...
    Sitting here staring at the page what to post that you haven't already heard...
    Yep congratulations remain Vigilant we can never be Complacent blah blah blah...
    So what are "we" doing differently today.... Everything Dave.... One day at a time...

~easy does it

Hi Dave...
    Sitting here staring at the page what to post that you haven't already heard...
    Yep congratulations remain Vigilant we can never be Complacent blah blah blah...
    So what are "we" doing differently today.... Everything Dave.... One day at a time...

~easy does it
    Yeah.....I've heard it all Nghtmare…...But I WILL always take reminders.....So....Today is day 26....Closeing in on My 30 Days.....and feeling pretty good!! I know I have a little ways to go.....but Functioning at this point is Very doable!! Worked 15 hours in the last 2 days.....and it went "OK"....Little fatigued....but everyone knows.....You can feel that way anytime....while on subs, or anything else!! Point is.....I don't NEED anything anymore in the morning, but My cup of coffee...or 2..or 3!! Thanks for the Post....and checking in with Me Nghtmare!!..Go HAWKS!!..Stay Strong Just For TODAY!!..xo

Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 195967686970 LastLast