Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By de88ied
  • 2 Post By Catrina
Transition from Methadone to Buprenorphine
    de88ied is offline New Member

Default Transition from Methadone to Buprenorphine

I had my last opiate at lunch time and know I’ll be waking up in Wd. So what I need help with is when do I do what, I’ve read several threads but as you all say everyone is different.
    I have 12mg of Buprenorphine and unlimited Suboxone strips after that.
    I stuffed up somehow today, waited till 10am when I was around 24 hr in wd took 4mg bup then tried another 2mg. After few hrs went and used small amount. So I’m fine now but what, when?? Any help will be most appreciated as I’ve gotten on Buprenorphine before and was doing super but due to my own stupidity relapsed and here we are!
    Don’t want to score again but need to do it right.
    Thank
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by de88ied View Post
    I had my last opiate at lunch time and know I’ll be waking up in Wd. So what I need help with is when do I do what, I’ve read several threads but as you all say everyone is different.
    I stuffed up somehow today, waited till 10am when I was around 24 hr in wd took 4mg bup then tried another 2mg. After few hrs went and used small amount. So I’m fine now but what, when?? Any help will be most appreciated as I’ve gotten on Buprenorphine before and was doing super but due to my own stupidity relapsed and here we are!
    Thank
    Welcome!

Can you fill us in a little more? How much meth were you on and for how long? Boy! You are very lucky you didn't put yourself into precipitated withdrawals by taking that bup so soon after your last dose of methadone but you made it thru so phew!

First step before you go any further into this is to find Robert's Sub Taper Plan and read it and then reread it until you totally understand the process. Ask questions here and folks will be around to help. NOW is the time to do this correctly and you will have a successful taper and put all of this behind you once and for all.

Switching from methadone can be done but it is a little trickier than switching from ordinary short acting opiates. Still, it can be done. There is another new member, FNG that just inducted on sub from methadone earlier this week. Find his thread and buddy up and you can help each other.

Fill us in on your past use a little and that'll help us to give you some advice that will hopefully help you along the way. Welcome again!

Peace,

Cat
    Lvg nghtmare and de88ied like this.

I was down to 30 or 6 as in

Cool de88ied

I was on program-Methadone for2years. I was put back on it for pain from an operation.
    So I had my last dose about a week and a 1/2 ago and my fiend gave me a point of h a day so this is fresh start. I tried to read the cows scale but couldn’t read it. Thanks for replying so soon. I got some sleep just woe up. Feeling uncomfortable but need to get thru.

Forgot to add I’ve been on program for about 30 yrs all up

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Thank

Welcome to the forum!

I don't have a lot of time right now, but will be back later to offer you some suggestions as I made the switch from Methadone to Suboxone. Here's the link to our Suboxone plan below:

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...tml#post436333

Read it over. It's a plan that literally thousands have used successfully. It works great if followed closely. I'll talk to you later about this more.

Randy

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

I was on program-Methadone for2years. I was put back on it for pain from an operation.
    So I had my last dose about a week and a 1/2 ago and my fiend gave me a point of h a day so this is fresh start. I tried to read the cows scale but couldn’t read it. Thanks for replying so soon. I got some sleep just woe up. Feeling uncomfortable but need to get thru.

Let me know how you're feeling right now. How much sub have you taken today?

Randy