Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
Trying to defeat this battle.
    New_beginnings is offline Junior Member

Default Trying to defeat this battle.

** I had originally posted this to an old thread of mine but it was from 2015 so I decided to copy and paste to a new thread. I hope someone can help. Thank you

So I know it's been a good while but I'm here and still alive. I didn't know at the time of this thread but my journey with narcotics was about to get way more intense. At the end of dec 2015 I got pneumonia really bad and my lung ended up collapsing which caused me to have major surgery. I spent 11 days in the hospital at my young age, fighting for my life. They had me on very strong stuff and sent me home with perc, OxyContin, and eventually at the end of recovery more hydro. That was it for me. I was spending every dime I had after that chasing those things. Finally in June of 2016, I faced reality. It was either lose my children or get clean. I don't know how but I did it, I got away and got clean. Haven't used any of those things since 06/02/2016

However, one day I was in really bad pain last August and of course I wanted to stay away from pain meds. So a friend recommended something called Kratom. Don't know if anyone is familiar with it. So I started taking it. My life was still getting better everyday. My kids were happy and I was happy. But once an addict, always an addict. I am now addicted to kratom. I am trying to get off of it. You would think bc I was able to get off all the other stuff, I could certainly do this... well let me tell you, this is a different kind of hell: the rls with this is wayyy worse. I feel if the rls wasn't as bad I could do this, hands down. I just feel defeated at this point. If anyone has experience with this or advice, I'd so appreciate it.

Thank you so much. I hope everyone is doing well:

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by New_beginnings View Post
    ** I had originally posted this to an old thread of mine but it was from 2015 so I decided to copy and paste to a new thread. I hope someone can help. Thank you

So I know it's been a good while but I'm here and still alive. I didn't know at the time of this thread but my journey with narcotics was about to get way more intense. At the end of dec 2015 I got pneumonia really bad and my lung ended up collapsing which caused me to have major surgery. I spent 11 days in the hospital at my young age, fighting for my life. They had me on very strong stuff and sent me home with perc, OxyContin, and eventually at the end of recovery more hydro. That was it for me. I was spending every dime I had after that chasing those things. Finally in June of 2016, I faced reality. It was either lose my children or get clean. I don't know how but I did it, I got away and got clean. Haven't used any of those things since 06/02/2016

However, one day I was in really bad pain last August and of course I wanted to stay away from pain meds. So a friend recommended something called Kratom. Don't know if anyone is familiar with it. So I started taking it. My life was still getting better everyday. My kids were happy and I was happy. But once an addict, always an addict. I am now addicted to kratom. I am trying to get off of it. You would think bc I was able to get off all the other stuff, I could certainly do this... well let me tell you, this is a different kind of hell: the rls with this is wayyy worse. I feel if the rls wasn't as bad I could do this, hands down. I just feel defeated at this point. If anyone has experience with this or advice, I'd so appreciate it.

Thank you so much. I hope everyone is doing well:
    I have no personal experience with kratom but I have read quite a bit about it. If you can't kick it cold turkey then a slow taper is in order. I would say maybe 10% reductions per week or so? As you know tapering has to be done slow enough so you adjust to the new lower doses with very little to no withdrawal symptoms! I have read somewhere here in the forums about someone who has got off kratom by switching to a different kind of kratom, I think they said something about "stems and pieces"? You can try to find the thread, I'm pretty sure it's in the "Need To Talk" forum? I will also look for the thread when I have some extra time? Your last resort may be suboxone therapy if all other attempts at getting off the kratom fail? Again, subs would be an absolute last resort option if multiple attempts at cold turkey and tapering have failed? I wish you the best of luck. Keep us posted? God bless us all!
    New_beginnings likes this.

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    I have no personal experience with kratom but I have read quite a bit about it. If you can't kick it cold turkey then a slow taper is in order. I would say maybe 10% reductions per week or so? As you know tapering has to be done slow enough so you adjust to the new lower doses with very little to no withdrawal symptoms! I have read somewhere here in the forums about someone who has got off kratom by switching to a different kind of kratom, I think they said something about "stems and pieces"? You can try to find the thread, I'm pretty sure it's in the "Need To Talk" forum? I will also look for the thread when I have some extra time? Your last resort may be suboxone therapy if all other attempts at getting off the kratom fail? Again, subs would be an absolute last resort option if multiple attempts at cold turkey and tapering have failed? I wish you the best of luck. Keep us posted? God bless us all!
    It's called "stem and vein", I just found the thread. Here's a link - https://www.drugs.com/forum/need-tal...wal-64858.html
    I hope this information is helpful?
    New_beginnings likes this.

New_beginnings is offline Junior Member

Thank you so much!!