Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Macysmom
Urgent. Please read
    Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Default Urgent. Please read

I'm going out on a limb here and hope that I'm not violating any Forum rules. I'm encouraging you to search for a recent announcement from the City of Gloucester, MA concerning the Police Department's assault on the opiate epidemic. An innovative and wonderful way in which to help people who want help. Please find the article. You will be delighted to read the brilliance of this plan.

Peace,

Cat

Comeback Kid is offline Advanced Member

Wow! That's huge. I like the fact that they do classify it as a disease. Hopefully this will set a precedent. I wonder what the accountability will be. Like if they ask for help but don't take it serious. I can see some abusing this and just asking for help to get out of trouble and then go right back.

Melina123 is offline Senior Member

OMG ComebackKID!!! Dude I have always wanted to talk to you!!! Hope you see this! You were a BIG help to me even though I never spoke to you, back when I started this journey!

OK sorry Catrina. I am happy you are sharing that info and I saw it you know where. My friend who lives in Boston and I were talking about it last night! They are always more progressive up north...but this is off the charts! thanks for sharing! xoxoxo

It comes up pretty quickly on Facebook with a search. Thanks Catrina!

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Hey Kid,

Good to see you!!! Of course there's always the big risk that an individual will not take full advantage of the help here. However, the way I read this, it isn't for someone who winds up in the PD because they're busted. This is for someone who walks in voluntarily and wants some help. With my son, I helplessly watched as he called one of the only two detox facilities in this area every. single. hour. waiting for a bed. This went on for 8 days!!! We know that when activitely using, each moment that passes we are further away from recovery and the often the desire and strength to do it. This will catch those in the moment they realize they need help and the help will be there. Amazing stuff.

Peace,

Cat

Macysmom is offline Senior Member

Cat- very delightful indeed ! I pray other states follow MA lead , expecially liked the fact it's funded from money seized from dealers now the next huge step would be harsher sentencing to dealers!!
    Catrina likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Cat
    Not sure if this is your thread, but just wanted to let you know you've made some recent post that have helped me a lot. Thanks for your continued commitment on this forum.