Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes
From vics to percs to methadone and back down again over 15 yrs...almost 96 hours ct
    Longroadback is offline Junior Member

Default From vics to percs to methadone and back down again over 15 yrs...almost 96 hours ct

I started, like most, taking prescriptions innocently enough... my doctor handed them to me with no effort on my part...I had genuine pain and even had my doctor tell me he wasn't worried about me becoming dependent because I looked so healthy and vital, mind you i was 6 years in at this point. Soon Vicodin wasn't controlling my pain and I needed something stronger...insert my concerned elderly doctor here...probably didnt help that one of my parents has addiction problems and tried to get prescriptions using my name through him...he started piecing together that not only I may have a problem, but maybe some hereditary addiction issues in the mix. He tried to gently tell me I was cut off...No worries I'd be ok I told myself as I left the office...that didnt last long, it was a bit of a downward slide from there, I had friends that KNEW how bad I was hurting and they only wanted to help, I didn't tell them at that point I could take 40 mgs of oxy at a go with no noticeable side effects, other than maintaining normalcy.

Fast forward 15 years, and to be honest I've never gotten in trouble, legally speaking, or even actually run out and been forced into full withdrawal but I did realize after lurking here for months is, I'm spending my life clock watching, pill counting, planning days on what I have in my bottle. My kids have never known what I'm going through, or maybe they do. I am at a point where I know this is the time I need to rid myself of this burden, of course there was a life event that made this have to be now, no negotiations, I may get into that later but it seems too much right now.

So as of right now I'm almost 96 hours into CT, about 3 weeks ago I was on 30 mgs of methadone a day, and switched to 25 mgs of Percs for about a week, then switched to 20 mg of Norc for about 4 days and on Sunday night jumped....my head is ok right now, but I feel like I'm made of metal, and slogging through mud, my legs are dying but I'm trying to force myself up daily to do something, anything and it seems to be working...I may end up buying stock in immodium though....

I'm drinking as much water as I can hold, and Gatorade with vitamins...but as time wears on I'm worried about the mental, the habit....Sleep isn't easy right now and these thoughts are beating down on me...how much of addiction is hereditary? How much can I control through will alone ?

After lurking I thought it best to start my own thread, as so many others have done, to atleast be able to look back and hold myself accountable

Anyways, thanks for listening or reading
    Gonna hit post before I end up hitting delete
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-29-2018 at 10:52 AM.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Longroadback View Post
    I started, like most, taking prescriptions innocently enough... my doctor handed them to me with no effort on my part...I had genuine pain and even had my doctor tell me he wasn't worried about me becoming dependent because I looked so healthy and vital, mind you i was 6 years in at this point. Soon Vicodin wasn't controlling my pain and I needed something stronger...insert my concerned elderly doctor here...probably didnt help that one of my parents has addiction problems and tried to get prescriptions using my name through him...he started piecing together that not only I may have a problem, but maybe some hereditary addiction issues in the mix. He tried to gently tell me I was cut off...No worries I'd be ok I told myself as I left the office...that didnt last long, it was a bit of a downward slide from there, I had friends that KNEW how bad I was hurting and they only wanted to help, I didn't tell them at that point I could take 40 mgs of oxy at a go with no noticeable side effects, other than maintaining normalcy.

Fast forward 15 years, and to be honest I've never gotten in trouble, legally speaking, or even actually run out and been forced into full withdrawal but I did realize after lurking here for months is, I'm spending my life clock watching, pill counting, planning days on what I have in my bottle. My kids have never known what I'm going through, or maybe they do. I am at a point where I know this is the time I need to rid myself of this burden, of course there was a life event that made this have to be now, no negotiations, I may get into that later but it seems too much right now.

So as of right now I'm almost 96 hours into CT, about 3 weeks ago I was on 30 mgs of methadone a day, and switched to 25 mgs of Percs for about a week, then switched to 20 mg of Norc for about 4 days and on Sunday night jumped....my head is ok right now, but I feel like I'm made of metal, and slogging through mud, my legs are dying but I'm trying to force myself up daily to do something, anything and it seems to be working...I may end up buying stock in immodium though....

I'm drinking as much water as I can hold, and Gatorade with vitamins...but as time wears on I'm worried about the mental, the habit....Sleep isn't easy right now and these thoughts are beating down on me...how much of addiction is hereditary? How much can I control through will alone ?

After lurking I thought it best to start my own thread, as so many others have done, to atleast be able to look back and hold myself accountable

Anyways, thanks for listening or reading
    Gonna hit post before I end up hitting delete
    Welcome!

Glad you decided to post and create your own thread. You're going to find it so helpful to just get things out by writing them and knowing that someone is going to read it and identify with it. Yeah. Life happens and it keeps happening. We both know that you're doing the right thing in beginning to put this all behind you.

The one question that jumped off this page at me is how much of your addiction is hereditary and how much can you control through will alone. The answer to the first question is who knows and it doesn't matter. Here you are and it all feels the same way once we reach this point. No sense in wasting time figuring it out. There's no blame. It just is what it is. The answer to the second question is that willpower and sheer will simply isn't nearly enough to stay successfully in recovery. You're going for you to strip down all the ego and pride and reach out and be willing to accept help and support. We have to get over the notion that there's shame involved here and a belief that we can white knuckle our way through life and remain sober. There's no sense in doing it the hard way when there's so much help out there just for the asking.

I've cold turkey detoxed and relapsed so many times throughout nearly 20 years that I've long ago lost count. Then, I found this Forum and read for weeks and weeks. I finally began to post and finally someone nudged me to start my own thread. By the time I did start my thread, I think was 10 days into my detox/recovery. That was over 8 years ago. Why was this time different? I reached out for help and I continue to do that as well as to pay it forward. My first main hurdle after that was to forgive myself so that I could somehow manage to regain some self esteem. When we feel worthless it's very easy to throw the towel in and relapse because we don't believe we deserve anything better and it's just easier. Once we're able to look ourselves in the eye and begin to feel good about who we are today, we've got a shot because we don't want to lose that.

At 96 hours, you have got to be nearly over the worst of your detox. Except trouble sleeping, some anxiety that I've decided really are cravings causing us to have that internal argument about whether to keep struggling or relapse are what's going to hang around for a while.. Because of the poor sleep and other physiological changes that have occurred during our use, you'll experience low energy making you feel like you're coming down with the flu. Exercise, go for walks, keep busy and all of this will gradually get better. Just keep pushing yourself and keep as busy as possible. Search for new things to do. Hobbies, projects around the house, most anything. Create new healthy habits to replace the bad ones. Dosing in itself is a habit. Newly clean I found myself reaching into the medicine cabinet for aspirin just for the sake of being able to take something. Anything. Until one day I realized what I was doing without a thought. Crazy but true.

Glad you're here. Keep reading and posting.

Peace,

Cat
    Longroadback and Lvg nghtmare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    Welcome!

Glad you decided to post and create your own thread. You're going to find it so helpful to just get things out by writing them and knowing that someone is going to read it and identify with it. Yeah. Life happens and it keeps happening. We both know that you're doing the right thing in beginning to put this all behind you.

The one question that jumped off this page at me is how much of your addiction is hereditary and how much can you control through will alone. The answer to the first question is who knows and it doesn't matter. Here you are and it all feels the same way once we reach this point. No sense in wasting time figuring it out. There's no blame. It just is what it is. The answer to the second question is that willpower and sheer will simply isn't nearly enough to stay successfully in recovery. You're going for you to strip down all the ego and pride and reach out and be willing to accept help and support. We have to get over the notion that there's shame involved here and a belief that we can white knuckle our way through life and remain sober. There's no sense in doing it the hard way when there's so much help out there just for the asking.

I've cold turkey detoxed and relapsed so many times throughout nearly 20 years that I've long ago lost count. Then, I found this Forum and read for weeks and weeks. I finally began to post and finally someone nudged me to start my own thread. By the time I did start my thread, I think was 10 days into my detox/recovery. That was over 8 years ago. Why was this time different? I reached out for help and I continue to do that as well as to pay it forward. My first main hurdle after that was to forgive myself so that I could somehow manage to regain some self esteem. When we feel worthless it's very easy to throw the towel in and relapse because we don't believe we deserve anything better and it's just easier. Once we're able to look ourselves in the eye and begin to feel good about who we are today, we've got a shot because we don't want to lose that.

At 96 hours, you have got to be nearly over the worst of your detox. Except trouble sleeping, some anxiety that I've decided really are cravings causing us to have that internal argument about whether to keep struggling or relapse are what's going to hang around for a while.. Because of the poor sleep and other physiological changes that have occurred during our use, you'll experience low energy making you feel like you're coming down with the flu. Exercise, go for walks, keep busy and all of this will gradually get better. Just keep pushing yourself and keep as busy as possible. Search for new things to do. Hobbies, projects around the house, most anything. Create new healthy habits to replace the bad ones. Dosing in itself is a habit. Newly clean I found myself reaching into the medicine cabinet for aspirin just for the sake of being able to take something. Anything. Until one day I realized what I was doing without a thought. Crazy but true.

Glad you're here. Keep reading and posting.

Peace,

Cat

Cat,

Thank you for responding, as so many others I've read so many of your posts and advice, I really appreciate you answering. I'm trying to set small goals everyday, they seem like mountains now but I feel a victory every time I reach a goal. Who knew doing and folding the laundry, taking a shower would be victories? I see the truth in your words about medicating out of habit and find myself putting the Advil down as I type.

I know this is one day at a time and I shouldn't focus on hereditary as much but on my sleepiness nights I find myself playing a memory from childhood over and over. I'm going to put it down here just to get it out. I've tried explaining it to friends before but they don't seem to understand why it has stuck with me so long...

My earliest complete memory of my mother was at about 5 years old, I remember standing in the kitchen with my sister's as our mother tore apart the pantry searching, next she moved onto the cupboards, leaving destruction of canned goods in her path, next came the fridge...she was on the edge of hysterical now, muttering to herself I could only make out part of it but I realized what she was searching for....ginger ale....yes....ginger ale....my family, especially on my dad's side are complex thinkers, and even at my early age I knew she wasn't completely there during her search. My mind had the idea maybe I could trick her into calmness given her frenzy, so little me slowly inched off to the garbage a pulled an empty ginger ale bottle and snuck into the bathroom filling it with cold tap water. I came back out and simply said "Mama" when her eyes fixed on me I knew I'd never forget that look...relief, gratitude, even love. I remember her pulling it from my hands and chugging straight from the bottle for about 3 seconds. I'll never forget what happened next, her spitting the water out and looking at me with disgust, saying how could you? How could you be so mean? Calling me a brat and other words that would get this post pulled, ending with her throwing the bottle at me.

I guess that memory is part of what scares me straight now, I've seen her ginger ale addiction become a mentos addiction, fizzy water, and now she is on opiates, has been for almost as long as me. Now she's a cancer patient with no desire to stop, for their own reasons my siblings have stepped away but I have always tried to be my mother's keeper. I took a year away because of the toxicity, and am dealing with the guilt of her stopping by showing me a lump on her leg 6 months ago that turned out to be an widely unknown cancer with a high morbidity. So I'm balancing trying to help her through treatment while keeping up staying clean. She refuses to acknowledge how sick she is, every appt is a pill seeking venture for her and the next appointment is next Wednesday

Sorry for the long winded response, I just needed to get it out and be able to see it I guess... I'm trying to look at it as a what could happen if I don't....

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey longraodback. Welcome!! Glad you found us, and decided to post!!! I promise you just getting on here and letting it all out helps tremendously!! Congratulations on 96 hours!!! One thing that caught my eye, and just wanted to make sure I didn't just skim over it (which I have been known to do on occasion), but I was wondering how long you were on the mdone? I know you said you were taking 30mg/day 3 weeks ago then switched to percs, then the norcos. Believe me I'm no expert on methadone, but I know it's got a very long half life and it's a real bear. Just trying to paint a picture here.

You're doing great staying active!! And you got a great mindset to get this done. During my suboxone detox I had to work and be active and pleasant to people. As much as I hated it and just wanted to scream at them, it was the best thing for me. It kept my mind off how I was feeling.

Hot baths, Epson salt, heating pads. There's some products from Hylands called "Restful legs" and I think there's 2-3 more of them. You can find them at Wal-Mart, or any pharmacy. They can help with the RLS. As far as sleep goes. I took Valerian Root capsules washed down with a strong cup of sleepy time tea, after a hot long shower. Some nights I was able to get to sleep, some not. But it at least relaxed me, and I just turned on Netflix, or picked up a book, or played around on this site reading the really long threads picking up extra inspiration.

You can do this!! I'm excited for you. I know Cat mentioned help to get through this. Have you looked into face to face support? AA, NA, counseling,therapy. It most definitely helps and gives you another layer of accountability.

Congratulations!!!! It keeps getting better from here!!
    Beef
    Longroadback likes this.

Thanks for the reply Beef! You're another member I've seen with pouring over these posts, I haven't tried sleepy time tea but I'm thinking I'm going to grab some today and give it a try. I've tried 1 of the Hylands products and haven't noticed much help at night with my aching legs. But my heating pad is my sidekick through this

The thought of meetings is a scary one for me, I live in a small town and am an introvert by nature ...but the subject of meetings it something I see throughout this site, and I can't deny that it may help. I did drive down to see my sister on Monday and spilled everything to her, she is no nonsense and has a strong aversion to pills since before I ever toom anythingshes happy that I reached this point on my own and felt a bit sad because through the years when she talks about the evils of opiates she always had included a disclaimer for me "Its different for you, you need them and can handle it"

The other person I'm thinking of coming clean to is my aunt, that's a hard one...shes 20 years in recovery, and basically the grandmother of her NA chapter in the city...I think I'm nervous because she will strongly push NA.

As for the methadone, I took it off and on for a few months in between getting my doc, but had been taking it is say about a month before I quit 3 weeks ago, if have to say the following 2 weeks were the worst of this...I'm really not sure what remains in me at this point but I know I haven't Ingested anything orally for almost 96 hours now

Thanks again for your support and response! It means a lot right!
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

I'm sorry that you have to deal with your Mom's issues. My Dad was a raging alcoholic. I learned a lesson when I was just 16 years old: He was not my fault. So simple but acknowledging that was letting go of a huge burden. Turns out I'm an addict too and so is my adult son. My father and my son never recovered but that didn't stop me and maybe an odd fact is that their addiction had absolutely no impact on my wanting to get clean and stay clean. You would think that they would be an additional motivation but I guess a part of my recovery is to work on being accountable for myself and resisting trying to control others. There's a tidbit of wisdom there for you. You can't control your Mom and you SHOULDN'T control your Mom even if you could. That train left the station a long time ago. I'm sorry that she's so sick but if she wants to continue to feed yet another addiction then that's her choice and not your's. Do your best to separate yourself from that issue and accept her--warts and all.

Please do keep posting and share whatever you want to share. It's cathartic.

Peace,

Cat
    Longroadback likes this.

I think telling your aunt would be a good thing when you're ready. It's your journey and who you want to share it with is your business. But I think as someone who has 20 years clean under her belt she knows the battle of addiction and I think she will be supportive of you. But like I said. Totally your call.

It took me a while to make it to a meeting as well. I was nervous, scared and didn't know what to expect. The first meeting I went to was a joke. Nobody took it seriously, most of the people there were court mandated and I think the most amount of clean time in the room was about 9 months. 2 of the other members told me not to get discouraged and keep looking and I'd "find my home". And I did. On my second try I found a great bunch who welcomed me with open arms, and they are amazing!! I too live in a small town, and I have to drive about 40 minutes to get there but it's well worth it!!
    Longroadback likes this.

I'm sorry that you have to deal with your Mom's issues. My Dad was a raging alcoholic. I learned a lesson when I was just 16 years old: He was not my fault. So simple but acknowledging that was letting go of a huge burden. Turns out I'm an addict too and so is my adult son. My father and my son never recovered but that didn't stop me and maybe an odd fact is that their addiction had absolutely no impact on my wanting to get clean and stay clean. You would think that they would be an additional motivation but I guess a part of my recovery is to work on being accountable for myself and resisting trying to control others. There's a tidbit of wisdom there for you. You can't control your Mom and you SHOULDN'T control your Mom even if you could. That train left the station a long time ago. I'm sorry that she's so sick but if she wants to continue to feed yet another addiction then that's her choice and not your's. Do your best to separate yourself from that issue and accept her--warts and all.

Please do keep posting and share whatever you want to share. It's cathartic.

Peace,

Cat
    Cat,

Your post speaks volumes to me, somehow reading the words makes sense...for years I've been trying to fix/help/control her into a healthier person and have been beating my head against that wall I think since I filled that ginger ale bottle...I think it will be a process mentally stepping back but physically is easy enough...I do have concerns when I go to her appt days, I am the only sibling within distance to be able to go and unfortunately no one can rely on her for accurate health information. I try to only attend the crucial ones at this point, just one foot in front of the other for now. But I do think I will talk with my other siblings about sucking up the distance and sharing the health care load.

Thank you again

Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    I think telling your aunt would be a good thing when you're ready. It's your journey and who you want to share it with is your business. But I think as someone who has 20 years clean under her belt she knows the battle of addiction and I think she will be supportive of you. But like I said. Totally your call.

It took me a while to make it to a meeting as well. I was nervous, scared and didn't know what to expect. The first meeting I went to was a joke. Nobody took it seriously, most of the people there were court mandated and I think the most amount of clean time in the room was about 9 months. 2 of the other members told me not to get discouraged and keep looking and I'd "find my home". And I did. On my second try I found a great bunch who welcomed me with open arms, and they are amazing!! I too live in a small town, and I have to drive about 40 minutes to get there but it's well worth it!!
    Beef,

I'm sure you're right about my aunt being supportive, I think I'm nervous about the accountability because she's a terrier and won't let me off the hook...she has no long distance but I know she'll buy a calling card just to keep tabs on me ehhhhh reading that makes me realize I'm keeping an escape route....hmmm I think that will be another goal for today then. Thanks Beef!

And driving away from my hometown for meetings is another good idea, I'll start looking into that, although I don't know when id follow through, it still seems daunting. But it can't hurt to have the meeting info ready, right?

Today seems like a day of big steps, just trying to take them one at a time. Until the last 48 hours I would have never thought to attach addiction to myself...it felt better calling it "dependent"

Thanks again Beef and Cat just talking back and forth really does make a difference

So tonight I'm hurting somewhere other than my legs, I have the worst aching lower back I can remember, it's just throbbing and I can't get comfortable I took some Advil and am trying to watch a movie with my youngest....just officially ticked pasted 96 hours 43 minutes ago!

OKC-26 is offline Member

Long road I didn’t even realize you had your own post. I must have skipped over it yesterday. I was wanting to ask you questions about what you were taking and quantity ect. When I have more time this evening I’ll go through the whole thing. But for now just wanted to send support. You’re doing to great. Keep it up!
    Longroadback likes this.

Thanks OKC! I'll keep following along with you as well, we can check in on each other

So I made it through the night and am in to day 6, I ended up calling my aunt and we talked for over 2 hours, she actually sounded a lot like Cat when it came to the subject of my mom, saying the only thing that could gain by my trying to change her is negativity mentality for myself, and she thinks could end up causing me taking meds again because my mom tries to normalize it. She suggested to go to the important appts, for now but to try step back mentally when the prescriptions are discussed and leave it to her doctors. So I've been chewing on that all night.
    Catrina likes this.

I'm really glad you shared it with your aunt. I think she will be a great support system for you. Proud of you!! Congratulations on 6 days. It only gets better!!

Beef
    Longroadback likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Longroadback View Post
    So I made it through the night and am in to day 6, I ended up calling my aunt and we talked for over 2 hours, she actually sounded a lot like Cat when it came to the subject of my mom, saying the only thing that could gain by my trying to change her is negativity mentality for myself, and she thinks could end up causing me taking meds again because my mom tries to normalize it. She suggested to go to the important appts, for now but to try step back mentally when the prescriptions are discussed and leave it to her doctors. So I've been chewing on that all night.
    Well great minds think alike and besides, we happen to be right about this one. I'm glad that you spoke with your aunt too. I know how scary it was to do that but I bettcha you feel better now. In the beginning we tend to avoid telling anyone that may force us to be accountable but if we're drop dead serious about maintaining our sobriety it's essential. The more the better. Left to our own devices we can often find ourselves in trouble in short order. So good for you!!

I hope that Day 6 has you feeling much better. I see that you've connected with OKC and that you're already paying it forward. Thank you for that.

Keep posting.

Peace,

Cat

Well great minds think alike and besides, we happen to be right about this one. I'm glad that you spoke with your aunt too. I know how scary it was to do that but I bettcha you feel better now. In the beginning we tend to avoid telling anyone that may force us to be accountable but if we're drop dead serious about maintaining our sobriety it's essential. The more the better. Left to our own devices we can often find ourselves in trouble in short order. So good for you!!

I hope that Day 6 has you feeling much better. I see that you've connected with OKC and that you're already paying it forward. Thank you for that.

Keep posting.

Peace,

Cat
    Too funny Cat, I found myself chuckling when I read what you wrote " the more the better " because that was a running theme in our conversation, my aunt kept saying "Tell everyone you can" She also said she knows I can deal with the physical but it's reminding myself to keep setting goals and that's where she said, for me, she's most concerned...I'm good with initial finish lines but doesn't want me to end up with a "well now what" mentality. So I'm going to really try to set multiple small goals with bigger ones thrown in, and try to never use the term finish line again because I'm realizing this is going to be a continuous journey.

Thanks again for your wisdom,

Long road

Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    I'm really glad you shared it with your aunt. I think she will be a great support system for you. Proud of you!! Congratulations on 6 days. It only gets better!!

Beef
    Thanks! It took awhile to get her on the phone yesterday as she was really busy, we were texting back and forth about when to talk and finally I just texted "I need someone who knows me to hold me accountable" my phone started ringing within a minute, but yeah it was really good...she got me to look ahead past the physical and start making plans for the mental. She said the hardest for her was months down the road when your guard is down.

Thanks for helping me take the leap Beef,

Long road

OKC-26 is offline Member

Hey long road. I hope your day is going good. You’ve done so great the past few days I’m sure today is no different. I think that’s great that you talked with your aunt. I too hold back from telling my family and many of my friends about my problems. In my mind it would cause them more worry and pain then the help it could possibly do for me. Maybe one day I can do the same. But it’s working for you and that’s all that matters! Just wanted to drop by and tell you how great you’re doing. You’re inspiring me to do the same and I’m sure I’m not the only one. Keep it up!

Thanks OKC! today is a pretty good day for the most part I understand wanting to wait to tell friends or family, but hopefully theres someone you can talk to when you're ready. But even coming here and posting is a big step, I lurked for months before getting up the courage. Just shout out anytime you need to talk! You're really doing great!!
    Beefaroni7272 and OKC-26 like this.

OKC-26 is offline Member

Hey long road! Just checking in to see how you’re doing today? How’re you feeling? Getting any sleep? I sure hope so. The weather here has been great for the past week but wouldn’t ya know it as soon as I started all this it went to >>>>! It can’t rain forever though! Eventually the sun will come back. Hope you’re doing good today and starting to turn the corner. Look forward too hearing from you!

Hey OKC! I was feeling pretty good earlier, but about halfway through the day I just started draggin...man but I was bouncing around family's houses all day, hopefully being this tired I'll sleep good tonight...well see, but overall I haven't had RLS or needed immodium so I'm counting today in the win column. Yeah it rained earlier this week and now it's sunny and starting to get hot out, but spring has sprung and that's all good how's Easter treated You?

OKC-26 is offline Member

Well it sounds like yours was much better than mine haha. I spent mine all day in bed. That’s okay though because I’ll never have to spend another holiday like this again. And that’s what matters today. It hasn’t been a horrible day though. No worse than yesterday and probably slightly better. I actually had some steak for dinner, a small one, but yesterday I could barely look at food and this evening I wanted to eat. Who knows by tomorrow at lunch I may be at the Chinese buffet?? Haha. Anyways good to see you got out and about today and spent it with family. I know I’m really looking forward to going to work tomorrow and getting busy! You’re doing awesome!
    Longroadback likes this.

Thanks OKC, I actually got some good sleep last night so I'm pretty happy right now. Day 8!!! How'd your night go? Hope you're feeling better today. You're kicking @ss!!! Work should be a good distraction.

OKC-26 is offline Member

That’s great that you got some sleep! I didn’t get much but who cares?? It’ll come I know that. It was probably my toughest night so far honestly but things finally settled down around 3am and I think I even dozed off for about 3 hours?? Work is a great distraction haha. It’s been one of those Monday mornings, tons of problems yada yada. Better than sitting at home though that’s for sure. I’ll check back in with you later and congratulations on your 8th day. That’s awesome!
    Longroadback likes this.

Hey OKC I wrote a whole reply but it deleted anyways thanks for the encouragement, I appreciate it! And I'm glad to hear you at least got a bit of sleep, how are you feeling now? Nowhere to go but up Bud! And hopefully your busy work Monday translates into more Zzzzz tonight

OKC-26 is offline Member

I’m hangin in there long road! Just got home from work and ate dinner. And it was a good sized dinner too. Steak veggies and rice. Thinking I might have overate but I couldn’t stop haha. Not a bad day and not a good day. It seems like one hour I’m good then the next I’m still having chills and sweats. At least it’s not constant sweats and chills though! I’m hoping your right and things start to look up. I’m tired of down! I’m just 2 hours away from 96 hours clean. How’d your day go?

OKC, wish I was eating there steak sounds good...Yeah my appetite was scarce the first few days and now I can't stop eating...I'm glad you're having good hours mixed in there, my chills are gone but I'll randomly get sweaty palms..no biggie compared to the beginning of this, congrats on 96 hours!!!! That's huge!! I know you're gonna beat this thing, you're focused on your goal and making plans to keep it from happening. great job!!!

OKC-26 is offline Member

I’m right behind you with the appetite, it’s been 3 hours since dinner and I’m snacking and can’t quit haha. At least they’re healthy protein bars. On my last attempt getting clean I think I gained 20 pounds in the first month. I could use the extra weight anyways. Over eating is the least of our worries right now though haha. Are sweaty palms the only symptom you have left now? If so that’s awesome!

I have a some trouble sleeping, and sometimes my energy disappears but that comes and goes. No RLS and body sweats for a couple few days bathroom use is still sporadic. But it sounds like you're turning the corner, as for the 20 lbs thing I better be careful but yeah I had dinner and then an extra salad then candy

OKC-26 is offline Member

Just wanted to drop in and check on you. Haven’t heard from you in a couple days. Hope alls well with you longroad!
    Longroadback likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast