• 3 Post By TeddyBonkers
  • 1 Post By Catrina
  • 2 Post By Forceout
  • 2 Post By Forceout
  • 1 Post By Forceout
When will my motivation return?
    TeddyBonkers is offline New Member

Default When will my motivation return?

I've never posted before but i suppose it's easier if i begin at the beginning, i started use Tramadol at the age of about 21 ( Now 27) it was my moms after she was diagnosed with Pancreatitis.... she always had more then she needed so it ended uo not being an issue, she never knew about it though. It started at 150mg a day basically 3x50mg tablets and i was hooked... this continued for a few years until i moved out, i ended up moving on Co-Codamol 8/500mg usually around 4-8 a day but managed to taper it down to 4 and there i plateaud for a long time about 4 years.

My mom took a turn for the worse recently and suddenly passed away, i ended up re using her Tramadol, My usage spiked at this point taking upto 20 Tramadol a day... i suppose i used it to mask the pain but who really knows.... we've all got this horrible little monster that whispers to us.

So fast forward to now, I've kicked the pain killers, all of them. I can deal with the withdrawal as sh***y as it is... what i am concerned about is my motivation... i feel like everything is a massive choir at the moment.... my jobs quite hands on so this is beginning to be a problem, nobody at work has noticed yet but I'm concerned in the long run it may effect my career advancement...
    Does this feeling ever go?
    How did everyone else get there motivation back? .
    Catrina and KitKurilian like this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyBonkers View Post
    I've never posted before but i suppose it's easier if i begin at the beginning, i started use Tramadol at the age of about 21 ( Now 27) it was my moms after she was diagnosed with Pancreatitis.... she always had more then she needed so it ended uo not being an issue, she never knew about it though. It started at 150mg a day basically 3x50mg tablets and i was hooked... this continued for a few years until i moved out, i ended up moving on Co-Codamol 8/500mg usually around 4-8 a day but managed to taper it down to 4 and there i plateaud for a long time about 4 years.

My mom took a turn for the worse recently and suddenly passed away, i ended up re using her Tramadol, My usage spiked at this point taking upto 20 Tramadol a day... i suppose i used it to mask the pain but who really knows.... we've all got this horrible little monster that whispers to us.

So fast forward to now, I've kicked the pain killers, all of them. I can deal with the withdrawal as sh***y as it is... what i am concerned about is my motivation... i feel like everything is a massive choir at the moment.... my jobs quite hands on so this is beginning to be a problem, nobody at work has noticed yet but I'm concerned in the long run it may effect my career advancement...
    Does this feeling ever go?
    How did everyone else get there motivation back? .
    Welcome!

Congratulations on stopping the madness. How long ago did you stop taking everything? The biggest healer is time. Sorry because I'm sure that this isn't what you wanted to hear. The good news is that you will get to be an even better you by giving it some time. Tramadol can be a nasty, nasty drug. It's not only a pain killer but has SSRI qualities as well. I'm sure you know what happens when someone abruptly stops an antidepressant and this is the same thing. Staying active and exercise will help getting those natural feel good chemicals flowing so that's something that you can be proactive about. The rest is just time and it's different for each of us. Please post again and let us know how long ago you stopped and maybe we can give you an idea of what you can expect.

Welcome again and post soon.

Peace,

Cat
    Leah987 likes this.

I quit exactly a week ago, i know it's not that long ago but i got over the >>>>ty feeling after a day and the bad tummy after about 4/5 days but I've noticed other symptoms, one being my motivation,the other is Restless Arm Syndrome.... i never get it in my legs, but always in arms, like there's sand in my joints which occasionally stops me falling asleep. I took alot of the stuff recommended on here, Immodium for the tummy, Sleeping tablets, i also ramped up the caffine in the morning/midday then very little on the night. I've heard multi vits can help so I've started on them, gonna get myself back into the Gym aswell soon, Fingers crossed it'll help!

I've been quite lucky and got over alot of the symptoms quick, it's just this last little hurdle i need to clear but feel that this may be the long one...
    It's abit strange because really loud dance music makes me feel alot better, i know that's because it gets the endorphins going when I'm dancing around the kitchen with the ear phones in.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyBonkers View Post
    I quit exactly a week ago, i know it's not that long ago but i got over the >>>>ty feeling after a day and the bad tummy after about 4/5 days but I've noticed other symptoms, one being my motivation,the other is Restless Arm Syndrome.... i never get it in my legs, but always in arms, like there's sand in my joints which occasionally stops me falling asleep. I took alot of the stuff recommended on here, Immodium for the tummy, Sleeping tablets, i also ramped up the caffine in the morning/midday then very little on the night. I've heard multi vits can help so I've started on them, gonna get myself back into the Gym aswell soon, Fingers crossed it'll help!

I've been quite lucky and got over alot of the symptoms quick, it's just this last little hurdle i need to clear but feel that this may be the long one...
    It's abit strange because really loud dance music makes me feel alot better, i know that's because it gets the endorphins going when I'm dancing around the kitchen with the ear phones in.
    Because of the long half life, what happened to you is generally what happens. The first few days aren't usually too bad but then as the sub is leaving your system, the symptoms kick up. That's where you are now. I asked in my last post but I think you forgot to answer--how much were you taking when you jumped? It'd be helpful too if you could explain a little about your taper including how long ago did you start and how did you do your reductions. This also can effect how you feel when you do jump. Let me know that.

If you did reduce down to .25 (1/4mg) per day or lower before you jumped and you were completely stable when you did jump, then things will gradually get better but I won't lie, it's going to take another couple of weeks. The restless arms and stomach issues will be the first to resolve but the lack of energy and sleep getting back to an acceptable level takes more time (usually). Everyone is different but what your dose was when you jumped will have a great deal to do with how quickly you bounce back.

I know that caffeine sounds like it will help with the energy levels but usually all it does is make us jittery and doesn't really give us motivation or a good kind of energy. You might try L-tryosine. You can get it at most any health food store and some pharmacies and grocery stores carry it. If you can't find it (I had trouble) you can order it on line. Don't get a lot at first because it doesn't agree with everyone including me but I seem to be the exception rather than the rule and most others have good reports about it. Yes. Vitamins will help too. A good B-12 complex. Potassium and Magnesium might help the restless arms. Again, push yourself to be as physically active as possible because that is probably the most help of all. Laughter and music really does help. I read over and over again from almost everyone who has passed through this Forum that music helps them immensely.

Post, post, post. If you haven't already, read around this Forum. Look for folks who are tapering from subs or have already jumped. It will give you a good idea of what to expect. Some of this is mind over matter too. Not all of it for sure but if you keep a positive outlook and take the time to pat yourself on the back for coming this far, it goes a long, long way. Keep telling yourself that this is far better than where you were and that this will pass. Be determined that in spite of everything you're going to make the best of today. Fight and fight hard and you will prevail.

Peace,

Cat
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

KitKurilian is offline New Member

The one main common thread it seems is, after stopping the drug of choice, there is this total lack of energy and fear on how to get a natural high on life. I’m a newbie here to, and cold turkeyed Oxycodone 9 days ago. I had used it for over 10 years as a legal prescription for chronic pain. At one point I was up to 420 mg a day. I had no idea just how insidious this drug was! Of course I used it to get high as well as for pain, and when I ran out, I had methadone to prevent withdrawals.

My pain dr. retired and the new people who took over were SHOCKED at my high dosage, and helped me gradually reduce it till I was down to 3-10mg’s a day. Because if just how aggressive the DEA is getting, I decided the hell with it and went cold turkey 9 days ago. I did have Clonidine and Ativan to Help with the withdrawals, but oh those first 3 days were truly hell! I hope people know to taper if they’re on a high dose.

Most of my withdrawal symptoms are gone, except I can’t get to sleep! I just lay there wide awake. My feet and calves feel like they’re ice cold with mild pain and it keeps me awake. I am 65 and type 2 diabetic, so I don’t know if this condition is still part of the withdrawal or diabetic neuropathy. It’s tough for a dr. to tell, and I’m determined to get as drug free as possible. I may not be one any narcotics now, but I still am taking Prozac, insulin, an antihistamine to help me sleep, etc.

Could someone tell me if this insomnia is normal, and, if so, how long does it last? Also, any naturopathic endorphin enhancers? I know exercise is a good one, I used to even be a bodybuilder. Now, it’s much tougher. Any advice will be truly appreciated.

One last concern: I’ve been getting high literally all my life. As a kid, I would twirls around till I got a high, teed pot and speed. Adult-alcohol, meth, then Oxycodone. I’m so afraid I won’t be able to handle life without that “alternate” most d drugs gave me. Thanks for listening, and promise this will be my only LONG conversation! Peace and Love to all of you. Kit

Forceout is offline Member

Congratulations and welcome to a most awesome place. These wonderful people will be along soon to answer your questions and concerns.

I am fresh from the fight myself only 4 days I off Norco. The answers of some of the others here will be better than mine but know this... you have done an incredible thing already. It gets better, I promise. Hang in there. Someone will come by and help with more detailed info that you need.

Again, I personally know what you are doing is amazing. Pat yourself on the back for getting to here!!! Awesome!!

Forceout

Oh, another thing.....it would be great if you started a thread of your own so others would see you inquiries quicker and more easily.

It helps to get all the info in one place for you, too.

Again....Welcome!!!

The insomnia is big time normal. It is a common thread with virtually everyone coming off opiates. It ranges in time based on the individuals own situation and sometimes it is just unpredictable. But it passes with time for sure. Again, a more qualified person will see your first post even here under someone else's thread but I hate leaving you hanging with question not answered at all.

You were taking a large amount for a long long time. It will take some time for your sleep to get back to normal. I've been told it is the last thing to come back so you are on the right track. You are down to that and the legargy....it's basically the same.

Now, something I do know a lot about personally. Your life of using and the exact same pattern from Kid to adult could be me.

I was so afraid I would never enjoy anything again after a big battle with meth 20 yrs ago. It all came back. I had the freakin best times of my life after dope. I was clean somewhere around 12 yrs before opiates came with a horrible injury.

Life is absolutely the best with no narcotics. I promise. You begin to experience life for the real thrill it was meant to be. It is hard to tell you when you haven't been there but omg, there is nothing in the world like life without drugs. So much for you to look forward to. I envy you. Hang on. It's true.

More coming......

Forceout
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Thanks to everyone who has responded, Cat i took the plunge when i was at 400mg a day of Tramadol. It's hard as a i never really kept track but I'd say about 6 months for the Trams, before that about 5 years on Co-Cods then about 2 years on Trams. I know I'm not through the woods just yet, i still occasionally get the electric shocks and some other mild synptoms, I know Trams have SSRI's and that's what effects the brain chemistry the most!

Any idea on what it may look like in a few weeks?

KitKurilian is offline New Member

Force, Thank you for such a warm reception. Your advice did help.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-17-2017 at 05:53 PM.

Hey Kit,

The pleasure is all mine believe me.. Glad you are still lurking around here.. feel free to chime in With comments or especially questions on any thread any time.

We are all in the same big boat just drifting along toward brighter days and better lives. It's a struggle with which we have found to be easier together than alone.

I'm 53 and no family. Never married. So this place is a lot of new faces for me. What a blessing.

So glad you posted if nothing else to let us know you are here!!!

Come on over to my thread sometime!! The door is always open.

How are you feeling? Better with the sleep yet? Have you tried any new things? Does anything seem to help yet.

With the large doses you were on I still say it might take just a little longer to be back to baby sleep. Lol

But hang in there. That's what I do.......I call it ofa.....one foot in front of another. Ofa. Smiling

Have a great Friday!!!' After all it is up to you to have a good time, right?

God Bless

Forceout