Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wesolh
Withdrawal from benzo used for a month
    Wesolh is offline New Member

Default Withdrawal from benzo used for a month

Hello guys
    My doctor prescribed anxiol 6 mg -type of Bromazepam- for my fear of flying I used it for one month including the tapering her plan was
    10 days 1/4 (1.5 mg) 3 times
    10 days 1/4 (1.5 mg) two times
    10 days 1/4 (1.5 mg) once a day
    10 days 1/4 (1.5 mg) once every other day and then I should stop I didn’t follow the plan 100% maybe 60%
    I followed the first 10 days but the 2nd 10 days i started skipping some pills some days I took 2 and some days I took one pill the 3rd 10 days I followed the plan and 4th 10 days i only did 5 days and then stopped taking the pills because i was sick of it today is 4th day since stopping the pills do you think i made a mistake by not following the plan the withdrawal symptoms are so bad how many days do you think it will last before I start feeling better do you think i might have a seizure the problem is the doctor I want to was from another country and doctors in my country are so expensive i’m so worried those pills are dangerous i hate them I rather face my fear then going through the withdrawals
    English isn’t my first language excuse me if i made grammar mistakes

I feel so weak that i only lay i can’t sit or stand for a long time i feel like I’m gonna collapse at any moment is this normal is it my anxiety ? How long is this gonna last my last pill was 6 am Wednesday and today is Sunday the time right now is 3:42 pm i use dogmatil 50 mg too the doctor prescribed it to me with the anxiol it helps me a bit i hope by day 5 all these symptoms become more easier i can handle anxiety but the Physical symptoms are the worst

davepeerson is offline Platinum Member

Hello Wesolh…..I am sorry about what your going through!! I would think day 5 would be a bit better....But....I have Never tapered off Those kinds of things....just opiates!! Also quit Alcohol.....but wasn't addicted....Just a Drunk!! Anyway....I will say that from what I have heard.....W/d's from benzo's can be Very Dangerous....So keep your Dr, involved.....Please!! Take care....and Good Luck!! Stay Strong Just For TODAY!!.

Quote Originally Posted by davepeerson View Post
    Hello Wesolh…..I am sorry about what your going through!! I would think day 5 would be a bit better....But....I have Never tapered off Those kinds of things....just opiates!! Also quit Alcohol.....but wasn't addicted....Just a Drunk!! Anyway....I will say that from what I have heard.....W/d's from benzo's can be Very Dangerous....So keep your Dr, involved.....Please!! Take care....and Good Luck!! Stay Strong Just For TODAY!!.
    Thank you so much for your kind words

Only 6 hours left until I finish my 5th day since i stopped taking these awful pills let’s hope day 6 will be better my anxiety is definitely better than first days my problem is my heart i feel tightness I think it’s from the anxiety when I practice belly breathing i feel better also I have heart burn i lost my appetite because of it I lost 3 kg i tried chamomile tea and it made so calm but i’m scared it will lower my blood pressure
    I hope by day 10 I will feel better since i only used it for a month my dosage equals less than .50 xanax so I think it’s really a small dosage it’s hard to find someone how used this class of benzo the half life of the medicine is 8-30 hours I emailed the doctor but she didn’t reply to my email
    davepeerson likes this.

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wesolh View Post
    Hello guys
    My doctor prescribed anxiol 6 mg -type of Bromazepam- for my fear of flying I used it for one month including the tapering her plan was
    10 days 1/4 (1.5 mg) 3 times
    10 days 1/4 (1.5 mg) two times
    10 days 1/4 (1.5 mg) once a day
    10 days 1/4 (1.5 mg) once every other day and then I should stop I didn’t follow the plan 100% maybe 60%
    I followed the first 10 days but the 2nd 10 days i started skipping some pills some days I took 2 and some days I took one pill the 3rd 10 days I followed the plan and 4th 10 days i only did 5 days and then stopped taking the pills because i was sick of it today is 4th day since stopping the pills do you think i made a mistake by not following the plan the withdrawal symptoms are so bad how many days do you think it will last before I start feeling better do you think i might have a seizure the problem is the doctor I want to was from another country and doctors in my country are so expensive i’m so worried those pills are dangerous i hate them I rather face my fear then going through the withdrawals
    English isn’t my first language excuse me if i made grammar mistakes

What country do you live in at what country did you get the meds from? The benzo that you took is similar to Valium which has a very long half-life, in my opinion the doctor should have prescribed you something faster acting with a short half-life like xanax or ativan? You would of only been taking it on a "as needed basis", in your case, before a airplane flight?

In my opinion the taper was a bit aggressive from the get-go and also by you not following the taper you made withdrawals worse for yourself!

Your risk for a seizure is still a possibility so I would at least see a doctor in order to get an anti-seizure medication? You may not have a seizure but it's always better to be safe than sorry!

Or your other alternative is to go back on the benzo until you feel stable with no withdrawals and then taper off much more slowly?

There is no timeline on when the withdrawals will lessen or go away, everyone is different? In the meantime drink lots and lots of water to help hydrate and flush out your body! Best of luck to you! Update when you can? God bless us all!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    What country do you live in at what country did you get the meds from? The benzo that you took is similar to Valium which has a very long half-life, in my opinion the doctor should have prescribed you something faster acting with a short half-life like xanax or ativan? You would of only been taking it on a "as needed basis", in your case, before a airplane flight?

In my opinion the taper was a bit aggressive from the get-go and also by you not following the taper you made withdrawals worse for yourself!

Your risk for a seizure is still a possibility so I would at least see a doctor in order to get an anti-seizure medication? You may not have a seizure but it's always better to be safe than sorry!

Or your other alternative is to go back on the benzo until you feel stable with no withdrawals and then taper off much more slowly?

There is no timeline on when the withdrawals will lessen or go away, everyone is different? In the meantime drink lots and lots of water to help hydrate and flush out your body! Best of luck to you! Update when you can? God bless us all!
    I live in Saudi Arabia and the country I took the medicine from is Morocco
    I think the medicine has a short half live like xanax because i need to take it 3 time a day and i felt the withdrawals 2nd day since stopping the medicine
    I’m scared if i go back to the medicine I won’t find it here in Saudi Arabia today I finished my 5th day i’m feeling a bit better yesterday was the worst let’s hope it stays good all day

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wesolh View Post
    I live in Saudi Arabia and the country I took the medicine from is Morocco
    I think the medicine has a short half live like xanax because i need to take it 3 time a day and i felt the withdrawals 2nd day since stopping the medicine
    I’m scared if i go back to the medicine I won’t find it here in Saudi Arabia today I finished my 5th day i’m feeling a bit better yesterday was the worst let’s hope it stays good all day

Xanax half-life according to Wikipedia is 4-6 hours and Bromazepam is 12-20 hours respectively.

Regardless of the half-life info I just don't understand why the doctor would prescribe you a benzo to take 3x/day? Like I said before, it should of been prescribed for you to take on a "as needed basis" for example, before a scheduled flight.

I think that you will be just fine in a few more days but the risk of a seizure is still possible? That's why I recommended an antiseizure medicine just to be on the safe side!

As far as you going back on the Bromazepam, that was just an option if you had enough of the medicine to do a slow and controlled taper and if you were unable to obtain an antiseizure med?

Keep us updated on how you are doing over these next few days? Take care... God bless us all!

geez_again is offline Junior Member

Hello,
    Welcome to the forum! Very sorry to hear of your tough time. That's terrible. I have never heard of so many pills for fear of flying either? Maybe you fly a lot? Or even getting withdrawals after a month? I'm unsure. Both are new to me. Getting physically addicted and feeling WD in a month is obviously possible though. Regardless, the facts are that you have stopped the pills and experiencing WD. The tightness you feel in ur chest could be anxiety but I really don't know much about WD symptoms from benzos. I would check in with any dr. or even a nurse or pharmacist if you can and let them know what's going on with you. by day 6, I do not think you'll have a seizure, I would think it'd happen by now. But again, a knowledgeable medical professional would best answer your seizure questions. As for WD, unfortunately, that just takes time. Wish I could help more. Wishing you well, keep us updated.

Hello guys
    today is my 6th day I slept well and i feel so much better just a little bit of anxiety and dizziness nothing serious i hope by the 10th day all the bad withdrawal symptoms are gone

Quote Originally Posted by geez_again View Post
    Hello,
    Welcome to the forum! Very sorry to hear of your tough time. That's terrible. I have never heard of so many pills for fear of flying either? Maybe you fly a lot? Or even getting withdrawals after a month? I'm unsure. Both are new to me. Getting physically addicted and feeling WD in a month is obviously possible though. Regardless, the facts are that you have stopped the pills and experiencing WD. The tightness you feel in ur chest could be anxiety but I really don't know much about WD symptoms from benzos. I would check in with any dr. or even a nurse or pharmacist if you can and let them know what's going on with you. by day 6, I do not think you'll have a seizure, I would think it'd happen by now. But again, a knowledgeable medical professional would best answer your seizure questions. As for WD, unfortunately, that just takes time. Wish I could help more. Wishing you well, keep us updated.
    I only fly once every year to visit my grandma in Morocco
    Thank you for your kind words

Hello guys today is my 9th day since i stopped taking the medicine yesterday morning I was fine nothing was wrong until the evening I start feeling tightness in my chest and shortness when i breath I don’t know is this because of the benzos or i have a problem in my heart I couldn’t sleep for more than 2 hours also i have heart burn especially after I wake up
    I’ll wait until Saturday, Friday is a holiday here if i don’t get better by then I will go to the hospital