Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Randy35
  • 2 Post By Maggie1976
Withdrawaling from opioids
    Overit222 is offline New Member

Default Withdrawaling from opioids

I am in day 2 of withdrawaling from a 10 a day Percocet habit. I've had multiple surgeries on my foot so I was taking them for legit reasons but after a while it got out of hand. I can't get anymore so I'm stuck dealing with the withdrawal.

I'm at a point where I don't want to deal with it anymore. I'm so miserable. I just want to curl into a ball and die.

I need help with making this a little easier. What can I do?

Mikeski91 is offline Junior Member

What do you mean by 10 a day? 10mg a day? 10 pills a day, if so what mg? And how long were you on them? What helped me to get through the physical Withdrawals we're bananas for the RLS and Imodium. I only took 10-12mg of imodium at a time. But I definitely saw a difference and it helped me sleep. (A little bit) music kept my mind off of it for a while. My tolerance was 90mg. I did a extremely rapid taper and jumped. I was okay at day 5 almost completely when it came to physical. Day 7 it wasn't even there anymore. But in my honest opinion, the physical is the easy part! The mental was the hardest for me. But you have to give more details. But if this is day 2, you should be out of the woods really soon physically.

Overit222 is offline New Member

10 10mg pills a day. I had surgery on my foot 3 months ago and it's my 4th one. Been on pain meds for about 4 years now. I was taking them too quick so I am unable to get more and honestly I think I just want to quit taking them all together. The pain in my foot is killer most days but I don't want to have to go through this anymore.

The physical part is getting better day by day. Still can't sleep worth >>>>. I take ambien and I'm out of those as well right now so I have just been tossing and turning.

I'm trying to be strong and trying to tell myself not to accept the pain meds my doctor is going to offer me in 2 weeks at my appt but idk if I'm going to be able to with the amount of pain I'm in all day.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overit222 View Post
    10 10mg pills a day. I had surgery on my foot 3 months ago and it's my 4th one. Been on pain meds for about 4 years now. I was taking them too quick so I am unable to get more and honestly I think I just want to quit taking them all together. The pain in my foot is killer most days but I don't want to have to go through this anymore.

The physical part is getting better day by day. Still can't sleep worth >>>>. I take ambien and I'm out of those as well right now so I have just been tossing and turning.

I'm trying to be strong and trying to tell myself not to accept the pain meds my doctor is going to offer me in 2 weeks at my appt but idk if I'm going to be able to with the amount of pain I'm in all day.

Hello!

If you truly want to be clean, and I mean you REALLY want this then you have to do everything in your power to stop. And that means not only NOT accepting that script from the doctor in 2 weeks, but informing the doctor you have a problem and needs his or her help. Most doctors have several patients in trouble abusing meds and will help if you ask. They can prescribe you some comfort meds such as Clonidine (a blood pressure med that's used off label for wd's) and/or Gabapentin for the same reason. They have helped many get through wd symptoms. Theres also Imodium for stomach and diarrhea issues that really does help along with several other supplements.

The Ambiem is addicitng too and if you're out you're most likely having wd's from them. There are many other non-addictive sleep meds so inform your doctor what's going on and I'm sure they will be happy to help you with this.

You have to WANT THIS more than anything else in the world to be successful. Can't go at it half way and expect positive results.

Getting up the nerve to speak with your doctor is the first step to a better life without pills controlling you.

Randy
    davepeerson and Maggie1976 like this.

Maggie1976 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Hello!

If you truly want to be clean, and I mean you REALLY want this then you have to do everything in your power to stop. And that means not only NOT accepting that script from the doctor in 2 weeks, but informing the doctor you have a problem and needs his or her help. Most doctors have several patients in trouble abusing meds and will help if you ask. They can prescribe you some comfort meds such as Clonidine (a blood pressure med that's used off label for wd's) and/or Gabapentin for the same reason. They have helped many get through wd symptoms. Theres also Imodium for stomach and diarrhea issues that really does help along with several other supplements.

The Ambiem is addicitng too and if you're out you're most likely having wd's from them. There are many other non-addictive sleep meds so inform your doctor what's going on and I'm sure they will be happy to help you with this.

You have to WANT THIS more than anything else in the world to be successful. Can't go at it half way and expect positive results.

Getting up the nerve to speak with your doctor is the first step to a better life without pills controlling you.

Randy
    This is golden advice , Randy , just reading what you write to help others still helps me to this day.
    Thanks for all that you Do.
    Same goes to Cat and all the other people who understand the torture that we have or still are going through and decide to help when it feels like we are so alone.

God Bless
    Catrina and Randy35 like this.

TheCib is offline Member

Hello my friend. I have eight days of clean and that's not much compared to others in this forum.

I just wanted to say I was just there a few days ago. I think I went three days with no sleep

In addition I was snorting 30mgs x 15 a day. So I know what your feeling.

My only advice is to stay the course the best way you know how. Nobody in this forum said it was going to be easy but the light at the end of the tunnel is near.

Do things, take a walk go to the gym. Get your otc's together.

The end result is you will be free of opiod addiction. I know this may sound lame but get to an NA meeting and listen. They won't judge you.

Again Im on day 8 and am just starting sobriety. Keep posting ! Stay strong !
    Just for today !

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie1976 View Post
    This is golden advice , Randy , just reading what you write to help others still helps me to this day.
    Thanks for all that you Do.
    Same goes to Cat and all the other people who understand the torture that we have or still are going through and decide to help when it feels like we are so alone.

God Bless
    So good to see you check in Maggie. I think of you often and I'm over the moon that you're doing well. Don't be a stranger.

Peace,

Cat