Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By LondonToLA
YOU helped save my life: A quick update 9 years later
    LondonToLA is offline Member

Thumbs up YOU helped save my life: A quick update 9 years later

Hello good people of the forum!

I have been reading posts from new addicts on the Drugs.com forum and was suddenly reminded that these forums are where it all started for me. My journey to recovery that is.

It all started for me on November 29, 2008 when I mustered up the courage to reach out for help and advice on this form as I knew I had an addiction problem. ( My first post on these forums is here: https://www.drugs.com/forum/showthre...750#post217750 ). I was 30 years old then.

I reached out for help, posted A LOT, asked questions that the community here was kind enough to answer. Many strangers replied to me, giving me encouragement, guidance, suggestions, love, and a swift kick in the butt when I needed it.

11/29/2008 through 12/24/2011 was a rough ride consisting of what one might expect from a severe opiate, Ambien, and Xanax addict.

I’ve worked hard to get sober, and remain sober over these past 9 years, but I’m here to tell ya folks that if you believe you’re an addict and you truly want recovery, I am living proof that it does get better and you can accomplish anything that you choose to.

Each of our paths are different, but I am grateful that my path has crossed with many of you on the forums. Today I’m truly content with my life; doing the things I’ve always wanted to do; and doing it sober.

Thank you for helping give me the courage and support that has led me to living the sober life that I do today.

-Michael (aka:LondonToLA)

Autumnhopes is offline Member

Wow!! That's beautiful! Thank u for sharing. You are inspiring & help all that just one step at a time.. in the right direction & years can go by with a beautiful life,, lived. Thank you!