Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By saddad1
1 down 1 to go
    robbie-ny is offline New Member

Question 1 down 1 to go

I have been taking 3 Tramadols every afternoon and 2 Oxys (10/325) every evening for over six years. Thank God I held them down to that, but with that length of time using I still worry alot about W/D.

Last month someone here - to my surprise - recommended that I stop the Tramadol first, so that is what I did. I'm now over 30 days w/no Tramadol at all. I did a major taper over a week and still felt quite >>>>>> at the end.

Now it is time to tackle drug 2. Problem is I have only 1 pill and a bunch of chunks (prob = 1 more pill), so I cannot taper slowly as I had hoped to. Does anyone have a guess how bad a very short taper from a 6 yr 20mg/day habit will be? I know it a broad question...

I have a wife who knows nothing which makes this worse. Will employ Thomas recipe. I have Soma, Cyclobenzene and Valium - does anyone have a thought which of these would help most the first few nights off? I do not think I should mix them! I made it through the Tramadol but my mind is telling me this will be much worse - hopefully I am wrong.

I have been reading so much here as a source of strength - thank you to all!

robbie-ny is offline New Member

correction - I meant Cyclobenzaprine, not Cyclobenzene above. Would this be more or less helpful than Soma for RLS and to get to sleep?

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Robbie: Don't let your mind get the best of you! Your mind just doesn't want you to let go of that opiate. You are going to be fine, fine, fine. Are you going to have the w/d? Probably. SOMA will help with the restless leg, but I wouldn't take that with valium (in fact, I think there may be an interaction with the two). Or you can just take the follow the Thomas Recipe and take valium which will help with sleep, but only if you need it.
    OTC Recommendations:

Immodium: for the runs and also has loperimide an opiate which does NOT cross blood brain barrier and will
    make you feel a bit better.
    Gatorade: hydration and restless leg
    Hyland's Restful Leg: RLS
    Water: a must
    Exercise: as much as you can tolerate (really helps you get better quicker)
    Nyquilzzzzzz or melatonin for sleep
    Advil or tylenol if needed
    Hot Baths: RLS and also helps with sleep.

3-5 days and you will be on the up-swing. Post.

You can do this!!!

Peace,

Iloerose

saddad1 is offline Member

Looking back at it now...the WD was so much worse in my head than it was in reality. You'll be fine. You'll experience some discomfort but you've been much worse off with food poisoning or flu or chicken pox. Just attack and don't look back, it's easy. Don't worry about a long taper, you're just prolonging the inevitable. ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!

People are here to help.

sd1
    iloerose likes this.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Good to see you posting, Saddad. I've referred many people to your thread. You are truly an inspiration! I hope everything is well with you.

Peace,

Iloerose