Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Had enough I hope
  • 1 Post By Catrina
  • 1 Post By Beans1983
1 Year Clean!

Default 1 Year Clean!

Just wanted to say how thankful I am for the predecessors on this site. I came here over a year ago with a 400mg a day oxy habit and a box of suboxone I obtained from the streets. I followed Robert's taper plan as well as the supplements to combat symptoms and 50 days later I was free from all substances. It can be done. I work to stay clean. I talk to other addicts and help those I can. Thank you to all who were there to help. I forget to check in but I am grateful for this forum. Docs like to keep you maintained and addicts know you need to get clean. Meetings work for me and I do everything I can within them to keep myself grounded. It's not easy but it's easier than being sick, hating yourself, hurting others....all that >>>> we do when we're active. I'll try to check in more often. We don't have to stay sick.
    Catrina and Iluv2smile like this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

YAY!! Congratulations!!! I hope that you can find the time to visit more often. Please do try. When I first found this Forum, I think at least on the "Need to Talk" Board it was more of an even split with people doing the sub taper and people quitting cold turkey. It has changed most especially in this past year with more and more new members getting ready to induct on subs for the fist time or having been on them for years and now wanting to taper and be done. Thank goodness that Bette and Randy continue to pop in and post to these folks. I have learned so much from those of you who have successfully tapered off subs and I try to parrot the advice I've read over and over here but it's different coming from someone who has personal experience. So, it would be great if you could come around more often and help new members. We need more people like you to validate that subs can be a powerful tool to get clean if someone is willing to trust the process and advice given by those who have walked before them....just like you!

So good to hear from you. Visit more often. Your story is important and needs to be shared. Congratulations again! One year is simply incredible.

Peace,

Cat
    Iluv2smile likes this.

ghostrc is offline Member

congratulation thats amazing, cant wait till i can say that. that must feel great that why i love this site its all are fellow men and women that been there done that and understand.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Amen!
    Congratulations!
    The tools that work for you ..
    Work for me too!
    Meetings
    Service
    The steps..
    Other woman in recovery..
    Amazing right?
    I guess we were finally ready to follow some suggestions..
    My year was 1/30/15..
    Yea!
    Finally ..
    Right?
    Bette
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-02-2016 at 12:07 PM.

Beans1983 is offline Member

Very cool! I am at the 8 week mark and stories like this are so inspiring. And my life has started giving blessings in SO many ways in my short time of being clean. So happy! And a big CONGRATS to you!
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beans1983 View Post
    Very cool! I am at the 8 week mark and stories like this are so inspiring. And my life has started giving blessings in SO many ways in my short time of being clean. So happy! And a big CONGRATS to you!
    Thank you Beans. Life has gotten so much better. Congratulations on 8 weeks clean! My first year anniversary is actuAlly April 12. I surround myself today with others who want to stay clean and a few normal folks. The people here, especially Bette, were wonderful while I was weaning off the subs. Talk soon

[QUOTE=Iluv2smile;498537]Amen!
    Congratulations!
    The tools that work for you ..
    Work for me too!
    Meetings
    Service
    The steps..
    Other woman in recovery..
    Amazing right?
    I guess we were finally ready to follow some suggestions..
    My year was 1/30/15..
    Yea!
    Finally ..
    Right?
    Bette[/QUOTe

Thanks Bette. You were a huge part in my process of getting off of the subs. I'm very grateful. My year is 4/12/16. I have a great group of men who I speak with daily and a program that I work as well. It's nice getti g to know yourself....the good and the bad.

Thank you Cat. I will try to get here more often. I couldn't have gotten clean on my own but between what I learned here from being pointed to Robert325's taper to the thomas recipe and the moral support I had from others, i will be celebrating a year in April if I stay in the day. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrc View Post
    congratulation thats amazing, cant wait till i can say that. that must feel great that why i love this site its all are fellow men and women that been there done that and understand.
    Thank you. How are you doing? Only an addict can really relate to another addict. We are uniquely qualified. Doctors don't understand addiction. It does feel great but the work goes on. Every day is a gift.