Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By im48
  • 1 Post By Tired_of_the_cycle
  • 1 Post By hopes1211
20 mg NORCO per day
    im48 is offline New Member

Default 20 mg NORCO per day

This is a huge step for me. I'm so embarrassed and ashamed that I've allowed this to happen. I feel like my situation hasn't reached the level of many of the posts I've been reading about so I'm hoping and praying my recovery will be a little easier. Long story short, I'm taking between 1 1/2 to 2 10/325 Norco pills 4-5 days per week. On the other 2-3 days I take 1/2 a pill because I'm afraid I won't be able to sleep at night if I don't. I've been doing this for about 2 months. Before that, I was taking less and was able to not take any at all on my work days and slept ok. I started taking it about 2 years ago. But as you can see, my dosage is slowly increasing over time.

At first it was easy to only take it when I wanted to but now I'm finding it impossible to not take it, even when I tell myself I'm not going to take any today. If it's there and available, I want it. I have 10 pills left. My plan is to take 1/2 a pill until I run out. Does that sound reasonable? I'm so afraid of the withdrawl (maybe I won't even have any...but I doubt it). I'm so angry that I'm allowing the pills to control my thinking. I plan on talking to my husband about it today. Part of me keeps telling myself "you can do this on your own" but I know that's my way of "keeping my options open". Those of you who've been in my shoes know what I mean. I'm not very good at explaining this. Any advice, suggestions, personal experience would be so helpful.
    hopes1211 likes this.

Im48,

First of let me tell you that you are not alone in this battle. I am about 3 hours from being 1 week clean of the oxy. I was on it for about 1.5 years and was taking a much higher dose than you are currently. I quick tapered down to 30 mgs, planned to do suboxone and 48 hours in I decided not to take that route. Your usage is minimal compared to mine but why don't you try taking 1 for 5 days, then go to halfs for 5 days and then jump. Or just say screw it and make the jump and END THE CYCLE! At that dosage it won't be that bad. You can do this, talk to your husband, I did to my wife and my sisters and to my friends and to this forum. It helps! Also checked out an NA meeting as well and plan on going back. Check out my threads you may find them helpful and encouraging as well as many others on here. The fear of the withdrawal is far worse than the withdrawal, that is just my opinion. You can do this but YOU have to want to. I'm here for you if ya need it!

RJ
    hopes1211 likes this.

hopes1211 is offline Senior Member

You caught it early. This is a big, big step. Please, do not be embarrassed or ashamed. I have never taken a lot, however, one day, you look, and realize you have been doing this for years. Do not be me. No, I do not buy off the streets, etc. I am not saying I am better than anyone else because I have not, but what I am trying to convey to you is that casual, prescriptive, doctors' orders' use is going to end up in a world of sadness. Have I lost a job? Money? Divorced? No. However, I can tell you I have been pretty darn unhappy throughout the years because of my "secret." Has anyone called me on it? No. However, there is always that whisper in my ear that they will. Do not become me. You will fine with the little use you have done. I am on my 10th or 11th day for about the 10th time. I work full time, and my highest, on a regular basis was 30 or 40 mg a day. It will be more mental for you than anything. My advice? Exercise. I know that sounds odd, but I swear it works. Our brains produce natural endorphins through exercise. Please stop now. Talk to your husband. My husband knows. He is the only one. He is supportive. Good luck. Post often. This place is awesome.
    ItsPossible likes this.

hopes1211 is offline Senior Member

Im48 - let us know how you are doing. Seriously, this site will get help tremendously, especially the mental aspect of the whole journey which, in my opinion, is the toughest part. I know you can do this and will be fine. You have such a good chance not to get caught up in the whole tangled web that we weave for ourselves. Please, know that we will hold your hand.

needalifeline is offline New Member

You are smart for wanting to stop early. My first post on this website was in 2013 when I was only taking 4 Norco's a day...like you I was smart and wanted to quit before it got out of control. I quit for a while (withdrawal wasn't too bad, only lasted for about 3-4 days) but I was stupid, I told myself "you quit once you can do it again. its okay to take pills every now and then" well every now and then turned into every day and now I take up to 15 a day. Please don't be like me, quit now. It will be hard, you will have cravings but please remember if you don't stop now all you are doing is digging yourself in a bigger hole. and It becomes harder and harder to get out of. I've lost everything to these stupid ass pills. and please dont be ashamed, you are so strong and brave for admitting it and for wanting to help yourself! I hope you are doing well. God bless you