Like Tree1Likes
2nd try at being clean
    Anonymous Guest

Question 2nd try at being clean

Hi.

This is my 2nd time at CT withdrawals. This time around I'm addicted to a MUCH lower dose of Percocet, but still addicted. My current intake is about 6-7 10mg pills per day. I am prescribed them for degenerative disc disease (upper back) and arthritis (lower back). I don't want to be dependent on them any more. The first time I quit I was SO happy. It was, by far, the worst pain of my life going CT though. Then I had mouth surgery. I was given pain meds. That was about 18 months ago. Now here I am...sick because my body hasn't had enough mg today and I'm completely out.
    Are the withdrawals even worse the 2nd time around? I'm so terrified because no one knows I've gotten myself into this situation again and I can't stand the pain of the withdrawals. HELP!|
    I can't afford the Thomas Recipe at this time.
    Please guide me.

I just want my life back. I want to be free.[/FONT]

silverlining1 is offline Senior Member

Never quit quitting, Jarl......

We have a couple people on here that are c/ting off about the same dosage as you....they are doing fine. This time you know what to expect, so it shouldn't be as hard.....usually it is the unknown that makes it so hard.

Just drink plenty of fluids and eat plenty of protein.....you will make it and probably feel better in a few days.

Keep posting and let us know how you are!

Anonymous Guest

Thank you Silverlining...

I just now came clean with the boyfriend (of 4 years...quit the first time with him). He's being supportive and said he will help me through it. (hope he means it...)
    I'm on an almost all protein diet. I just had lap band surgery so that part is taken care of. As are the fluids.

I'll keep posting. It feels good to know this isn't just my secret anymore. xoox

Beans1983 is offline Member

This will be SO worth it for both of us, Jarl. And I also have arthritis in my thoracic spine (I have a spinal cord stimulator implanted because it) and SI joint pain of unknown origin because I can't have MRIs anymore because of the implant. That's when the pain meds were kicked up a notch by a well meaning doc. So I can relate to back pain being the catalyst. But We CAN come out of it!!

Anonymous Guest

Beans...

I'm following your lead. YES, we can do this!! Back pain is the worst, but I think once I'm through this part of my life, I will try a different approach to pain relief. I'm already working on lowering my weight. That should help I hope.
    What day are you on Beans?

Tomorrow is day 4!!! And my TENS unit helps my back more than anything but I realize it doesn't help everyone. But if you haven't looked into it before check it out.

silverlining1 is offline Senior Member

Hey, Jarl....

I'm so glad Beans posted on your thread....that was one of the members I was referring to......you guys can rock this together.....and also glad you have some support with your BF.

If I'm correct you should be coming up on day 2? I always found the first day the hardest, I don't know why, probably the waiting and watching the clock, expecting the worst. Keep busy, even with menial tasks or activities.....do a jigsaw puzzle, watch movies....anything to take your mind off the time. Once you hit day 4 and 5, you'll be out of the woods, and feeling much better.

Anonymous Guest

Good morning...

I haven't tried the TENS, but I've heard about it and am willing to try it.

I haven't had a pill since yesterday at 2pm. I feel like >>>> this morning. But NOTHING like I did the first time I quit. I've taken my Gabapentin and Ambien. Maybe those are helping? Or am I headed for more here in the next day??

Happy Tuesday

Jarl, day 2 was much better than day 1. So in some ways you have the hardest part behind you IMO. I am on day 4 and while I'm still tired the worst of it appears to be behind me. So stick with it!! And yes the TENS is awesome. It sends electric stimulation to the pain areas and thus short circuits the pain signals from going to the brain. Plus it's like a little massage to the area. It doesn't work for everyone but I used it religiously before my implant. And now I use it again on my low back and it works like a charm. The pills were just an excuse to enjoy the high if I'm being totally honest. And I SO don't miss waking up with major heart palps because my body is demanding a Percocet. Even though I am not yet 100% I am so very grateful I did this. And the support on this board has been life saving. Hugs to you.

Anonymous Guest

So do I consider myself on Day 2? (last pill taken at 2pm yesterday)

I'm so very very proud of you, Beans! Day 4! Are you having any heart palps?? I've been worried about you.
    I see my Dr on Monday so I will ask him about the TENS. Sounds awesome.

I woke up this morning feeling all this guilt. Mostly over almost burning the house down last night. In a fog, I put two pieces of bread in the oven and FORGOT! They were black. Smoke detector screaming. My 14yr old taking pics for Instagram. (it was funny to her). I apologized to my family and promised not to cook after taking Ambien ever again. Ugh...the guilt!

Hugs right back!!

msmilissa is offline New Member

Hi Jarl! I'd be happy to go through this with you. I'm day 2 - final dose midnight might before last. I'm doing good. I can hardly figure this place out, but I'll get it eventually. I'm hear for whatever talking/venting you need. Keep in touch. We're doing it!

You are starting Day 2 today at 2pm if I understand all of this right,Jarl. And yes ask the doc for an Rx for the TENS and who they use for DME ( durable medical equipment). I used to use EMPI but they closed that line of biz.

The reason I say get a good quality TENS from your docs RX and DME company is that the ones you can buy off amazon while much cheaper are of inferior quality and will wind up stinging your skin in all likelihood. This is one of those things you need to push your insurance into paying for a really good one. However if that falls through buy the best one you can afford off the internet as its better than nothing and might be quite good. TENS units are the bomb with back pain!!

And screw the guilt over burned food. You are human. Hell my lovely partner does this sometimes and I lovingly call it a blonde moment. LOL