36 hrs without hydro but have a question about the Thomas Recipe
    justlegpain is offline New Member

Default 36 hrs without hydro but have a question about the Thomas Recipe

I've been taking hydros for 7 years now. My RX ranges from 7.5/325 - 10/325 and some days I take 2 and other days I take 6. I've had 'unexplained' leg pain since a surgery for a completely unrelated thing. I've been reading this forum on and off for a couple years, and have "thought" that I've had a problem but for some reason, couldn't admit it. Or really- I wasn't ready to admit it. A particular post had me in tears and starting a conversation with my spouse. I'm not one to ever bring attention to myself and tend to just fall into the 'woodwork," to keep from being noticed at all. I am at 36 hours without taking a Hydro. I've experienced the bathroom pit stops, severe stomach cramping and sweats. AND MAN....do my legs HURT!!! So hard to not just take a pill or even a half. My doctor gave me a RX for Xanax (1 mg). Told me to take those at night so that I will sleep. But suggested that I do not take them throughout the day. Gave me enough to though if I really needed to. He told me that it would be best to 'experience the withdrawal, otherwise, you may resort back. If you go through the w/d you'll be afraid of it." I think I agree with him.

I have started the vitamins, but am unclear when exactly I'm supposed to start the L-Tyrosine. Do I start taking that on morning 4?? That is how I am reading it, or am I reading this wrong?

Thank you in advance for anyone who can answer me.

leyaussie is offline Member

Hi JLP

I am by no mean an expert, just a hydro addict myself. Just happened on your thread..surfing. I am on day 5 today of hydro WD using the Thomas Method. I started the L-Tyrosine on day 2 .. Been taking 2 @ 6am, 2@11am and 3 @ 4pm it works with my schedule. I find my energy level this way is there for me when I need it. You may want to move to the "need to talk forum" where I have found the support to be amazing!

Good luck, keep us posted!

justlegpain is offline New Member

Thank you! Right now I am at 60 hrs without. From what I've been reading, I'm only dealing with the minor w/d symptoms. Thank you for letting me know when you take them. I'll use that as a little bug in my ear. I did move over to the other forum as well. Appreciate your time and AWESOME job on 5 days without!! That's huge!

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Make sure you take the L-tyrosine with B-6 (needed to metabolize the L-t), sometimes a combination of the two are available. Good luck: you should be coming around the corner now!

Peace,

Iloerose

getwell1026 is offline New Member

Congrats on taking your step towards really living! I was a heavy norco addict, I'm currently on day 13 of sobriety.

L-Tyrosine is a huge life savor! But I agree with LeyAussie, you really need to take B vitamins with it to help it digest better. B vitamins also help with anxiety and depression. I take B-1, B-6, and B-12. (Also I take a B complex every day to make sure there isn't any imbalance along with other vitamins).
    I am prescribed xanax for generalized anxiety disorder. It will definitely help you sleep wise but I want to impress that you should proceed with caution with the xanax, really easy to get latched on that instead of the hydros. Don't take it during the day, and make sure you only take 1 every night. If you feel yourself building a tolerance skip a day don't take 2. And instead use Melatonin (chewables always worked faster for me) to sleep.

Let us know how you are doing!

Remember this is not an event, this is process. Much love.