Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nursestudent13
40 Days Clean From Morphine
    151Kat is offline New Member

Thumbs up 40 Days Clean From Morphine

I found this site from my really good friend that I met threw a online support group. She has helped me greatly get threw A LOT! I had got into a bad car accident in 2010 which resulted in neck and back trauma, chronic pain, plus a long list of other mental things. I am here to give inspiration to anyone that is dealing with trying to detox from 30mg morphine XR. I was only on the medication for 9 month's which is long enough for the body and mind to become addicted to.

I surrendered to the morphine because I had nothing else to try cause nothing else worked for my pain. Then the MD told me it was either morphine XR or nothing. The morphine had some good incentives for me but actually now that I am clean it was bad for me in many ways. the morphine had my mind in a fog, depressed breathing, major inflammation, depressed thyroid, and not feeling real. Because of all these negative problems I decided in summer 2013 after 6 month's to tapper off the morphine. It was horrible when it came to day zero half pill. I invested a month of time in this tapper. Just to relapse and go back to morphine.

Fast forward 3 months later or month 9 of being on Morphine XR 30mg I was sick of being sick with digestion problems, thyroid , and the pressure from my stomach was making my back still hurt. I went cold turkey with the help of low dose percocet and valium. I went threw 100 times withdrawal for about 4 days and then lingering emotional withdrawal. During this time I tried to stay active, kept mind active, took vitamins multi & B's, ate tons of bananas, drank tons of water, sweated as much as I could, read self help books, had a few glasses of wine, consumed little CBD (cause I have MJ license), and stayed as positive as possible, and avoided any stress or stress full people.

Fast Forward 40 day's clean. I started feeling rough day 32 and by day 37 I was in a full blown Post Acute Withdrawal that turned into a very intense 3 day battle of hell. This withdrawal seemed like a 1,000 times worse and very tempting to just surrender to morphine. I did not!!! Now it has came and gone hopefully forever! If not the next post acute withdrawal will not be as intense. I am now daily feeling better and the pain that was once there is nowhere to be found except on really stressful day's. This was the best but also worst experience I had my body, mind, and soul go threw. I have no desire what so ever to get back on morphine.

In a few month's I will start to tapper of the percocet and see how that goes....until then I am happy I made it threw hell! I hope people find this inspiring and feel free to ask any questions.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-17-2013 at 03:31 PM.

I too am tapering, however ftom methadone, which was from chronic pain too. Congrats on wanting off. I would love to jump cold turkey buy alas I have a little one and school. Since methadone has extremely long w\ds it is the only thing I can do. How many percs are you on now? Have you thought about quitting ct, I have been thru wd from hydros and percs, and it really only lasts about 3 to 5 days. Oh I so wish I could have done that, buty pregnancy would not allow it. Hope you are doing well, and congrats.
    151Kat likes this.

Thanks for the response Nurse! I am doing overall good some horrible , ok , and bad day's which is to be expected! I as well have a teenager and am in school online. I had my parents help me with my daughter because in the withdrawal and post acute withdrawal I did not need to be around ANYONE!I am on 5mg 2times a day. I will probably go ct on the percs but not now because I just made this huge jump! In the near future for sure. Good luck with the methadone and take care.

I forgot to add that I feel more alive not like zombie on synthetic dopamine and for most part I feel happy that I am not letting this drug run my life anymore. The good day's are GREAT! The only time it is bad is going threw the post acute withdrawal that lasted about a week with 3 of the day's in HELL! If it comes back in 3weeks it will not be bad as this last time. But I am thinking it will not come back.

Have you thought about asking to switch you down to a lower narcotic like norco? It might making the jump easier if you are wanting to taper? Jumping off the hydrocodone might be easier than jumping from percs. Your doc could also write you some drugs to help with the wds. Like clonadine, gabapentin, and there are other things that could help too. Just a thought. Hope you are doing well.

I have not thought about another tapper/drop at the moment until I get done with the post acute wd from morphine. I am close to 60 day's off the morphine now and I feel a light wd coming.Throat hurting, head hurting, sneezing, sore muscles(light), irritated, sleep issues, and that is it for now. Hope this will be all for this post acute wd because I have to get finals done for school. The post acute wd comes a few day's away from every 30day's off the morphine. I will be over this in a few day's and hope that it will soon stop indefinitely from coming back. When the post acute wd comes it comes with no warning except irritated, throat hurting, and sneezing while the rest manifest all in a day period! How long it will stay and to what degree I will be back in a few day's to update.

I just had a LOT of energy past week and now I feel none.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-05-2013 at 12:03 AM.