Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By JustMike
  • 1 Post By mish_nyc_32
7 Days Clean
    JustMike is offline New Member

Default 7 Days Clean

Hi everyone. Like others on here I have been addicted to Percocet for the last 5 years. My story is not that different than most. Back problems led me to painkillers. I was buying them off the street and eating up to 5 Percocet 10's per day. I'm that guy that could hide it well. I went all these years with no one knowing.

Finding and keeping pills became a second job for me. So I made the decision to get clean. I was tired of being a slave to the habit. If you really want to quit, you need to taper. I went from 4 per day, all the way down to 1 per day over 5 weeks. Always halving them so I never got that rush that my brain had become so accustom to. I just kept the withdrawals beat back. It came to a point that my body adjusted to the low dosage. It takes serious commitment.

I'm not here to plug any product but Withdrawal Ease helped tremendously. I had tried to kick the habit cold turkey only to get so sick, I went right back to them. I am on day 7 today and I feel like I got my life back. I have my energy and self esteem back as well. The withdrawals will get better!!

If your reading this, you are probably where I was at a week ago. You can quit! I think the key to it is tapering off. Every time I tried to quit without tapering, I went right back.

Last thing I can say is, you will not quit until you make up your mind to kick the habit. It takes serious will power. I still had pills when I quit. I thought many times if I took just one, this pain would go away. I had my mind made up.

Today is day 8 and I'm really feeling good. I forgot what it feels like to wake up, and not have to run to the bathroom and take pills just to feel normal. I have been living in a fog for so long.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Congratulations!
    I used withdrawal ease too..

I took them for about 3 months..
    I think they have everything an addicts body needs..

I am glad you are feeling good!
    Take care
    Bette

mish_nyc_32 is offline New Member

Conrads! Keep on with it and as everyone said, once you're off, you feel so much better. Existing reaches a normal stasis and you can focus time time into other things. Once I got off the opiates I started reading, writing and doing art and getting out more. You don't need it for happiness, promise
    JustMike likes this.

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm on day 9 and all is good. I just hope my energy level comes back soon. I feel great in the morning, but by noon, I'm tired. I know it's only temporary, but sure will be glad once it passes.

As for the withdrawal ease, I think it's amazing. It made life so much easier, but like I said in my first post, I think the key to it is the tapering down.

DNC123 is offline Junior Member

Hi mike congratulations for being on day 9!

I am currently on day 8 myself but I don't think I recovered nearly as well as you have. Just curious, how do you manage the cravings, if you have any that is?

Quote Originally Posted by DNC123 View Post
    Hi mike congratulations for being on day 9!

I am currently on day 8 myself but I don't think I recovered nearly as well as you have. Just curious, how do you manage the cravings, if you have any that is?
    Did you taper down drastically? I have quit 3 times now. I used Withdrawal Ease 2 of the three times. I tried to quit multiple times cold turkey only to relapse before the withdrawals subsided. I did in fact quit while I had 6 percocet left this time. On day 6 that old familiar feeling came back telling me that now that I've been clean 6 days, one wouldn't hurt. That's when I flushed the 6 I had. That is the addict in me rationalizing why I could have another one. Like I stated in my other post, I don't want to sound like i'm plugging any product, but Withdrawal Ease has helped me kick the habit twice, while being able to still work.

I don't know the circumstances around how you quit. Did you taper off? Did you take any supplements? My cravings are still with me, my will power is very strong. I am able to afford to buy as many as I want, so I'm the worse kind of addict. I finally came to the conclusion that I will never stop taking them if I don't draw that line in the sand. My motivation is my 3 boys and my very understanding wife.

I have found over the last couple of years, I don't want to do a lot other than work and stay home. I quit flying because I was always worried I would get caught with a bunch of pills I had no prescription for. This has made my whole family suffer.

I know there is not a lot of traffic in this area but i'm celebrating day 13. I've had a heart attack, so i'm celebrating day 4 without smoking. I got so motivated after getting off the opiates, I'm trying to kick a 26 year smoking habit.