Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
  • 1 Post By Lincolnluv
About to attempt perc withdrawal
    Lincolnluv is offline New Member

Default About to attempt perc withdrawal

A little background info on me first. I am a 49 yr old female with neck and mid back pain. I fell out of an attic about 10 feet down onto my head jamming my neck and back. My dr decided he couldn't write anymore Percocet prescriptions for me due to the opioid crisis situations we have in our country. He referred me to a pain management clinic. I went to an appt and the dr wanted to immediately do facet injections into my neck. I was a little freaked out by his urgency to do this. I cancelled the injection appt for now. I am down to my last 4, 10/325 Percocet. I have tried to stop taking them twice. I just could not make it through the second day both times. Symptoms included runny nose, yawning,watery eyes, panic, severe depression, body jerks, extreme anxiety and insomnia. After these 4 pills I'm done, with no choice this time. No one in my family knows of this addiction I have. For the past year I have taken 3-4 Percocet a day. Not super high intake but an intake I want to be done with.

Both failed attempts were attempted cold turkey, which is kind of the way I want to go. I just want to get it over with and done. My main need is a support system and people to talk with while I whine during this. Is there anyone that wants to start with me that I can talk to on a day by day basis during the ordeal? Or anyone that's been through it to keep me encouraged that I'm not going to die and can get through it. Another question...anyone use Kratom during withdrawals? I've heard it can help to keep your mind from wanting the opioids.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lincolnluv View Post
    A little background info on me first. I am a 49 yr old female with neck and mid back pain. I fell out of an attic about 10 feet down onto my head jamming my neck and back. My dr decided he couldn't write anymore Percocet prescriptions for me due to the opioid crisis situations we have in our country. He referred me to a pain management clinic. I went to an appt and the dr wanted to immediately do facet injections into my neck. I was a little freaked out by his urgency to do this. I cancelled the injection appt for now. I am down to my last 4, 10/325 Percocet. I have tried to stop taking them twice. I just could not make it through the second day both times. Symptoms included runny nose, yawning,watery eyes, panic, severe depression, body jerks, extreme anxiety and insomnia. After these 4 pills I'm done, with no choice this time. No one in my family knows of this addiction I have. For the past year I have taken 3-4 Percocet a day. Not super high intake but an intake I want to be done with.

Both failed attempts were attempted cold turkey, which is kind of the way I want to go. I just want to get it over with and done. My main need is a support system and people to talk with while I whine during this. Is there anyone that wants to start with me that I can talk to on a day by day basis during the ordeal? Or anyone that's been through it to keep me encouraged that I'm not going to die and can get through it. Another question...anyone use Kratom during withdrawals? I've heard it can help to keep your mind from wanting the opioids.
    Hello and welcome to the forum. I don't have alot of time right now but I wanted to leave you a quick reply.

You can read through the following thread on what to expect from a cold turkey detox along with some suggestions to help ease the withdrawals, here's the link - https://www.drugs.com/forum/prescrip...ans-73372.html

There is no danger in a cold turkey detox, you will NOT die!

Stay far away from Kratom, it is very addictive and the detox from it can be just as bad if not worse than opiate withdrawal! Trust me you do not want to switch one addiction for another!

Look into the Thomas Recipe for Opiate Withdrawal, there's a link to the recipe in the other link I left you. Do not use the benzo as suggested in the recipe, benzos are EXTREMELY addictive and it doesn't take long before they can become a huge problem!

I'll check back tomorrow when I have more time? Hopefully other's will stop by your thread soon as well? Hang in there and keep checking in. Be patient because replies can sometimes take a while. Take care... God bless us all!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-28-2017 at 04:49 PM.
    Lincolnluv likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum. I don't have alot of time right now but I wanted to leave you a quick reply.

You can read through the following thread on what to expect from a cold turkey detox along with some suggestions to help ease the withdrawals, here's the link - https://www.drugs.com/forum/prescrip...ans-73372.html

There is no danger in a cold turkey detox, you will NOT die!

Stay far away from Kratom, it is very addictive and the detox from it can be just as bad if not worse than opiate withdrawal! Trust me you do not want to switch one addiction for another!

Look into the Thomas Recipe for Opiate Withdrawal, there's a link to the recipe in the other link I left you. Do not use the benzo as suggested in the recipe, benzos are EXTREMELY addictive and it doesn't take long before they can become a huge problem!

I'll check back tomorrow when I have more time? Hopefully other's will stop by your thread soon as well? Hang in there and keep checking in. Be patient because replies can sometimes take a while. Take care... God bless us all!

Another thing I would like to add is the second attempt I failed to withdraw from the Percocet, I was also out of my cymbalta and estradiol during the attempt. The withdrawal from all the could have been why it was such a horrible experience. I just got the cymbalta and estradiol filled, so no triple whammy to my mind and body for this attempt.

Another thing I would like to add is the second attempt I failed to withdraw from the Percocet, I was also out of my cymbalta and estradiol during the attempt. The withdrawal from all the could have been why it was such a horrible experience. I just got the cymbalta and estradiol filled, so no triple whammy to my mind and body for this attempt.

17 hours in. Stomach is in knots. Mild back pain. Not feeling very steady on my feet. Hands are shaky and unsteady. My mind is working hard to get me to take another.
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

17 hours in. Stomach is in knots. Mild back pain. Not feeling very steady on my feet. Hands are shaky and unsteady. My mind is working hard to get me to take another.
    Let the fun begin! Take deep breaths. Your symptoms will likely peak soon if they haven't already. From there, they'll stay steady for the next three or four days and then some of the worst symptoms will abruptly stop--like any RLS and aches. The bathroom issues will hang around for awhile and you'll be left feeling spent, much like you're getting over a h*ll of a flu.

Remember to drink as much as you can and be sure to eat. It's easy to become dehydrated during detox and that will make the symptoms worse and add a few onto them. Try to get up and walk around at least every hour even if it's for a few minutes. Aside from that, be gentle with yourself. Give yourself permission to laze around and to take plenty of hot baths. Hide the clocks! It doesn't help to watch them and it becomes an obsession with all of us. Time will crawl by as it is and you don't need to be reminded of it.

Keep posting!

Peace,

Cat

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    Let the fun begin! Take deep breaths. Your symptoms will likely peak soon if they haven't already. From there, they'll stay steady for the next three or four days and then some of the worst symptoms will abruptly stop--like any RLS and aches. The bathroom issues will hang around for awhile and you'll be left feeling spent, much like you're getting over a h*ll of a flu.

Remember to drink as much as you can and be sure to eat. It's easy to become dehydrated during detox and that will make the symptoms worse and add a few onto them. Try to get up and walk around at least every hour even if it's for a few minutes. Aside from that, be gentle with yourself. Give yourself permission to laze around and to take plenty of hot baths. Hide the clocks! It doesn't help to watch them and it becomes an obsession with all of us. Time will crawl by as it is and you don't need to be reminded of it.

Keep posting!

Peace,

Cat
    Hey Cat - just a heads up! Lincolnluv abandoned this thread on June 29th, her other thread that she is currently using and updating is located in the Prescription Drug Addiction forum, here's a link -
    https://www.drugs.com/forum/prescrip...tml#post532316

You've actually replied on that other thread on June 30th. Take care... God bless us all!

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    Hey Cat - just a heads up! Lincolnluv abandoned this thread on June 29th, her other thread that she is currently using and updating is located in the Prescription Drug Addiction forum, here's a link -
    https://www.drugs.com/forum/prescrip...tml#post532316

You've actually replied on that other thread on June 30th. Take care... God bless us all!
    Thank goodness you keep track of me. Clearly, I can not!

Peace,

Cat