Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gettingback
Cold turkey tommorow need advice
    Gettingback is offline New Member

Default Cold turkey tommorow need advice

I have been taking 10/325 hydrocodone for little over 2 years, part to help me thru a grieving process and part because it gave me a boost of energy I needed. I an up to 16 per day. I'm done. It's not doing it for me anymore I will need to go to 20 per day soon to even feel it. So here's my plan, and I've lurked thru the many stories on here so I'm hoping I can do this :
    Asking my doc tommorow for chlonopin or Xanax to alluviate pain. Buying immodium. Getting the vitimin regimen. Bought 3 seasons of andy Griffith for down time in bed. Time wise I have this:
    Stop tommorow midday, off work until Saturday. That's 4.5 days to do this. I intend to write in this forum daily so that what I'm doing can help someone else down the line. I'm not denying the fact I'm scared, I am. But I'm done with this BS. I spend a lot of money on the streets hunting this stuff down. I'm done. Please, I'm all ears....
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-26-2015 at 11:19 PM.

Any love for me out there ? I read situations of 4 to 11 day CT time lines with my 4.5 days it's looking pretty grim. I cannot take time off work yet, but I could probably include Saturday as well making it now 6 days. I have 3 left. I want to be done with these in 5 hours from now, and will document all I'm going thru. Suggestions ?

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

Flush the three, delete your dealers, and hunker down! I'm not going to lie, it's going to be rough, but it's not the highest dose I've seen on this forum so you will be fine. You've done the preparation. At this point the anticipation is probably worse than the reality. You just need to stick to your guns. Stay on the forum and if you don't get responses, then repost your story in "Need to talk". That one gets more traffic. You can do this!

Edit: Reread your plan. If you need the three to finish buying things and preparing, by tomorrow then fine, but once you start, you're done. Flush whatever is left, delete the numbers, focus on those AG episodes.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-27-2015 at 10:47 AM.

Thank you for your response. I just picked up my prescription for xanax, they are.5mg. How should I dose them ? The three I just need to get me thru this workday, then I'm out. That scares the bejesus out of me, I have read where you have a few or so on hand to help out but I don't think I'm going that route. Let me know wgat you think I should do with the xanax. I'm 50 years old, 245 lbs. Thanks again.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

i would hide your clocks too!

Gatorade
    Bananas
    Water
    Really push yourself to move around even if it is just a little..
    You can do this..
    I agree move your thread the need to talk board is busier!

One is too many
    And
    1000 never enough!

So yes you would be up to 20 then 30..
    Just to function!

No time like the present!
    Right?
    Congratulations!
    Bette

I would try not to take the xanax except at bedtime. Did the doctor say on the bottle you can take it more than once per day? If so, it's okay to take as much as prescribed by the doctor but xanax is also very addictive so be careful not to take them longer than a few days.

JustMike is offline New Member

Well how are you doing? I was in a similar boat as you 11 days ago. I had had enough. I took 1 Kolopin every night for 5 nights to help with the RLS and sleep. I'm 11 days clean and feeling great. I did tapper down for 5 weeks, and used a supplement. I am a 26 year smoker as well. I got that motivation from kicking the opiates, I am now on day 2 without a Marlboro. I do still feel my legs twitching a little at night before bed. That's the last of my withdrawals I hope.

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-29-2015 at 08:33 PM.
    JustMike likes this.

JustMike is offline New Member

That's the spirit! No much longer now. You got this. I'm on day 12 and I'm already starting to forget I was even hooked on them. Stay strong, you got this!!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-29-2015 at 08:33 PM.

Being it's really Mike (thx) supporting my cause this will be my last entry. Thanks to those who spoke up, I'm on my 5th day and done with that pill drama. For those reading this that want to quit, DO it. It's not that hard. To review I did it CT after 1 year of continuous 16 each 10/325s per day. Yes, after these 5 days I'm not 100%. But I got my swagger back. Just do it.

Good job!

I'm 240 lbs so my biggest obstacle in my now day 7 has been extreme exhaustion. FYI.. take L tyrosine, it helps at this stage.

Day 11 or 12...it's the middle of the night. Sleep has been iffy at best. A chlonopin helps. Emo as heck. Cry over anything, but on the positive side I'm feeling stronger. My mind has cleared. I'm probably a week from 100%. Even did some time on elliptical. It gets better. Day 11. I'm probably 75% physical, 65% emo but 85% mind better. Make sense ?

Yes it makes sense. Hang in there, it'll keep getting better.

Ladyblue1866 is offline Banned

Hey Gettingback

I just want to give back love that was given to me... You are doing great! the emotional will be the hardest just get up and get to moving... It will be okay! I had years of use I am now on day 19 I think... lol... Keep going let nothing or no one stop you... You will appreciate it in the end......

hopes1211 is offline Senior Member

Ladyblue - we are on the same day count. Good for us!

Better day today, little tired but managed to execute at work and smile. No emo today. Day 13 in an hour...

Hey Hope
    yes we are, we are doing it! it has not been easy but we are hanging in there....

Quote Originally Posted by Gettingback View Post
    Better day today, little tired but managed to execute at work and smile. No emo today. Day 13 in an hour...
    You are doing this Gettingback! I am on day 20 today and I felt good, got up made some breakfast for my family, and I am just going to enjoy the day today... You have a good one as well...