Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Thisweekforsure
Day 1 ....13 hours since last use

Default Day 1 ....13 hours since last use

Okay I thought I would be doing really bad at this point. Mild irritation and chills and goosebumps. I'm trying to hold out for 24 hours (7:30 pm tonight) before starting Zubsolv. This is the longest I've gone in 9 years since I started using heavily. I'm just trying to calm my mind and slow breathing,

I was hoping to take NyQuil to help me through this time but the nurse told me the alcohol in it will not mix with the medicine well. Is that true? Also I have tramadol. Can I take that? Thanks in advance for the help.

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

It's best not to take any comfort meds at all. Definitely not the tramadol, that affects opiate receptors. The other ones will just delay getting you to 26 on the COWS score. If I were you I would seek out Randy, his thread is in Need To Talk called, "No trouble tapering, just can't make the jump!"
    Randy35 likes this.

Okay thank you for the advice!

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Readytobeclean View Post
    Okay I thought I would be doing really bad at this point. Mild irritation and chills and goosebumps. I'm trying to hold out for 24 hours (7:30 pm tonight) before starting Zubsolv. This is the longest I've gone in 9 years since I started using heavily. I'm just trying to calm my mind and slow breathing,

I was hoping to take NyQuil to help me through this time but the nurse told me the alcohol in it will not mix with the medicine well. Is that true? Also I have tramadol. Can I take that? Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi there. I read your post on my thread and wanted to answer you on yours.

Heres the question you asked…..

"Hi Randy. I was told to seek you out. I'm on my first day of withdrawals (15 hours in) I have a percription on Zubsolv. I'm trying to hang in to 24 hours. Can I take Nyquill or tramadol while waiting for the 24 hours? Just looking for something to give me relief. Thanks for your help"!

The answer is no, no no on taking the Nyquil or Tramadol. Just as This week said they can and probably will delay any progress made on the Cows score. When you're attempting to hit the 26 score needed the entire point is to be sick enough to induct. You'l lalready be miserable in wd's so taking anything that might make you "feel better" would only prolong that misery.

You only have to do this once if you do it right!

The Cows takes all the guessing out of being ready and safe to induct. Don't plan on waiting a certain length of time. It could take 24 hours, might take 36 or more hours before you're ready to induct. Using the Cows makes certain you're ready.

Also, 5.7mg of Zubsolv is equal to 8mg of Suboxone. The difference is the Zubsolv has better bioavailability, which allows more of the drug to be better absorbed. Try not to take a large dose if you have any say in the matter. The induction should ideally be done by taking small doses and waiting 60-90 minutes to give it plenty of time to work to it's full potential. I would suggest beginning with a 1mg dose, then .5mg dose, and finally .25mg doses until stable with little or no wd's.

If you take 5.7mg of Zubsolv as the first dose you'll never know if less would have been better.

I'll check back later.

Randy

Randy,

Thank you so much for your advise! I made it! I went through hell but I made it out the other side! They had me take a half tablet of Zubsolv every two hours. I could not sleep! I was so jittery when I took it! I was miserable. I thought I was immediately supposed to feel better. I went back to the dr this morning as an emergency appoinent and he said I was taking it wrong. I was holding my head between my knees but picking it up to spit it out. Apparently by doing that I was swallowing some of the naxcocolyne (sp?). Also I wasn't keeping it in my mouth long enough! So now that I am doing it right, things have been much better. I had my first group tonight and it felt great to be around others with the same problems. Also it is a way to keep me accountable. So thanks for the advise and you were right it was only one night. I'm only 2 days clean but looking forward to the future.