Day 18 methodone withdrawal
    sjm57 is offline New Member

Default Day 18 methodone withdrawal

Such an interesting 18 days! Found my body can pitch a bigger fit than an irate 2 year old. 3rd day off methodone began the punishment and every major system has been out of whack. Given methodone and xanax together almost 10 years ago without being told I would never be free from doctors who would charge my insurance and treat me like a piece of dirt knowing I had no choice but to come back and let them do it again every 3 or 4 weeks. How dare I have a damaged spine.. Well, I got ANGRY. Angry enough to go cold turkey. I would never let myself get above 20 mg a day and fought to stay at 10mg. Glad I at least did that. The anger is fading as the sleepless nights continue...no cravings..last thing I want is a pill! Ended up in the hospital for dehydration so I thought I would mention the obvious.... Water..you must have lots to flush poisons out and hydrate. I am also on insulin so high sugars are a given with this much stress and I am not a young women..57 and going through withdrawal for first and LAST time.

By the way it helps to have a goal to look forward to..for me I accepted a position out of state ..change of scenery...hopefully flu like symptoms and insomnia will dissipate some by then. If not, I'm going anyway.

Forgot..no sleep of course..doc at er gave me blood pressure med which takes some of heavy pressure off heart and body..that and leg cramps pm OTC for restless legs. Clonidine I believe is bloodpressure med. It does help calm you some. At least you don't feel like you are having a heart attack. Benadryl for sneezing and never ending nose running. As far as sleep, time and exhaustion will have to take care of that. Thanks for letting me rant in the early morning! Get to see lots of those.

silverlining1 is offline Senior Member

Good job, sjm....

keep us posted as to your progress.......I'm not familiar with methadone detox......but, there are couple of people on here who are very knowledgeable......18 days is awesome....you must be very strong!

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

You are very strong. I am 124 days off after 10+ years of 150mg a day and I am 1 year older than you. So I feel your pain I switched to suboxone and now tapering that.. It was not perfect but easier than the time you have had I am sure. My plan is to be off this within 6 months total.. You are an incredibly strong woman. Some people stay on methadone for life just to avoid the withdrawals.. I don't know if you have heard of the Thomas recipe but there are some great tips on there for opiate withdrawal .. Also I would suggest you research PAWS post acute withdrawal syndrome something that can come and go for awhile after acute withdrawal. I had never heard of it so when some of the depression and malaise hit me the last time I detoxed I panicked and got back on the methadone. Because I felt it would last forever.. But it is natural it is our brains learning to refire and function off opiates.. Keep up the good work ! This too shall pass. Honestly this has to be one of the hardest things we go through in life! But at the end we become remarkably insightful strong people..I wouldn't change it for anything! I now know nothing on the outside can fix my inside when it is hurting .. Whether it be physical, emotional or spiritual pain.. That is a gift some people never experience. We are blessed!