Day 2 of norco withdrawals...
    Kit123 is offline New Member

Default Day 2 of norco withdrawals...

Hi everyone. I'm new to this site & im reaching out because I really have no body to talk to about this. I have been taking norcos for the past 3 years of my life. I am 22 years old. It all started after I got my braces off & it messed my jaw up. The first thing the doctor did was prescribe me 50 10mg norcos a month. At first I wasn't so bad & I didn't need them every day. But as of now, they have slowly been taking over my life. I haven't gone a single day without norcos in over a year. I always find a way to get them. Now I am on day 2 of being norco free. Well day 1 technically. I took 3 yesterday morning around 7:30 am. I just feel so miserable. I have no energy to do anything anymore. I don't even want to get out of bed let alone go to work. How am I supposed to function at work? I don't want to be dependent on these anymore but it's so hard. I wake up in the morning and that's the first thing I want so I seek them. That's what happened this morning & then I started reading posts on here and it made me change my mind and want to continue being norco free. I want to reach out to my doctor and maybe they can help me, but I'm scared of what they will think. I just have nobody to talk to about this as nobody knew how bad my addiction really was. Please help.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Hello Kit and welcome to the forum. You have friends here that understand exactly what it is you're going through. I've certainly traveled that road for years and years. Addiction eventually took everything I owned and loved. I lost it all because I wanted those drugs more than anything. I very nearly lost my life too. Eventually enough will be enough. To have any chance at success you have to WANT IT more than anything else in the world. You can't approach this half way. You have to use every tool available and do everything possible to end the vicious cycle you're in. Addiction is a cunning disease. It's a progressive disease that only gets worse unless you do something about it. Do it now before it gets worse, much, much worse.

You can expect to have wd symptoms for about a week or so. Days 3-4 are usually the worst of it. Each day afterwards gets better and better. Treat the symptoms that show up. Try the Thomas Recipe. I would use extreme caution if you use the benzo it suggests. I would leave it out if I were you. Here's the link to the recipe -

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...wal-35169.html

Two things will help the most....
    1. Lots and lots of fluids to stay hydrated and flush toxins out faster.
    2. As much exercise as possible each day.

Don't sit around and watch the clock because the minutes will seem as if they are hours passing. Force yourself to get out of the house and go for a walk or any kind of physical activity you can do. Eat/drink plenty of protein for energy. The Thomas Recipe has lots of vitamins and supplements that will help. Listening to music can be a real lifesaver.

Keep posting because that really helps. Get your thoughts and daily progress down on your thread here to keep track of your progress. And be prepared for the mental battle that will be present. Your head and body will do everything possible to get you to take that little pill that you know will make it all go away. Remain firm in your commitment to sobriety. Again, you have to REALLY WANT THIS!!!

Call the doctor and let them know of your problem and to never prescribe another narcotic to you again. Cancel any refills at the pharmacy and delete all contacts of obtaining pills. Have to get serious about this ok. Face to face support will make the difference. Check out some support meetings such as NA, AA, CR, or other support including a therapist or counselor.

Hope this helps. You've taken the first step in admitting the problem. You can do this. If I can you certainly can. Others will check in shortly I'm sure. Take care my friend.

-Randy
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-15-2015 at 12:11 PM.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Hi Kit!
    Welcome to the forum!
    Ditto to everything Randy said..
    We have been there!

I started on Nor OD
    Them methadone to get off Norco
    Suboxone to get off methadone!

It never ENDS!

Stop now while you are still on short acting orates..
    Like Norco...
    This is not something that just goes away..
    As you already see...

You could ask your dr for some clonidine..

It is a blood pressure medication
    That has been used for years
    For opiate withdrawals..

Believe me you are not the 1st person your dr has heard this from ..
    The truth about Norco!
    Nor will you be the last!

There is a pill epidemic..
    It is only going to get harder to get them as your tolerance goes up..

If you can push through
    You will feel so proud of yourself
    And so much better!
    Life is truely better from this side!!!
    But it takes work..

The symtoms will pass...
    Just take it day by day..
    Minute by minute..
    Hide your clocks..
    Most just stare at their clocks during this time!
    Time seems to stop!
    Keep posting
    We are here for support!
    Take care
    Bette