Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Maya30
  • 1 Post By Iwantoff2013
Day 2 of tramadol c/t
    Maya30 is offline Junior Member

Default Day 2 of tramadol c/t

I am in day 2 of c/t WD from tramadol. I have some anti-seizure and clonidine which helps a lot but sometimes get this dizzy feeling which goes away fast. Generally when something feels abnormal I have this phobia that something serious will happen. Aside from this mild dizziness which passes I have no serious signs. I hope nothing happens. I will try to practice speaking to see if I slur or not. I drink a lot and shower as recommended by others; they help a lot. But I am still in 2nd day; there should be worse days. I will keep updating.
    Thanks

P.S.
    I appreciate it if someone tells me in what case should I be worried or go to ER? Is it possible if something happens when I am asleep without anyone noticing till the morning?!
    These will help as I feel a little weird this time though I am perfectly functional yet, speaking and seeing and writing correctly.
    Thanks

I am the same time very pissed off at myself for putting myself in this situation. In 2011 I overdosed on tramadol; I had a seizure because I took too much of time, maybe 700 mg at once. It scared the >>>> out of me; but since then I have come back to it twice. As if this cycle never ends until someday I pass somewhere in it. I cannot learn even when I have almost died once; what else can keep me from doing it again if fear of death doesn't! So here I am pissed off. I hope I come out of this WD safe.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Maya,

How are you holding up? To answer your question, if symptoms get severe - dizziness, slurred speech, low blood pressure, etc - you should go to the ER. I hope you don't experience any of that!

Let us know how you're doing..
    Kat

Dear KAT,
    Thanks a lot for your care. Thanks god the dizziness passed and nothing happened. Last night too I woke from a nap feeling very dizzy but made sure my speech is alright. I am guessing it is due to Gabapentin maybe! I am not on day 4. It feels a little better. Yesterday I was so depressed I burst into tears in front of a friend who doesn't know I am in WD. I felt I have ruined my life, that I could not handle reality. Being on them I had felt I am on my track in life but now off them I see that I am not at all. For the first time I feel reality; I cry over stupid commercials, lol. Perhaps they're not that stupid for a sober person.
    Anyways, I believe tomorrow be a better day; and it is for me to start to see things clearly and decided what to do. To calm myself down I say to myself that at least now I am clean; it could be 5 years later or never. I ruined a semester this year caus of this things. But it is gone and I like to be positive and try to make sure I do NOT have people or things around who encouraged me toward this addiction.
    I will keep updates tomorrow.
    Thanks a lot for responding and caring
    Love
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maya30 View Post
    Dear KAT,
    Thanks a lot for your care. Thanks god the dizziness passed and nothing happened. Last night too I woke from a nap feeling very dizzy but made sure my speech is alright. I am guessing it is due to Gabapentin maybe! I am not on day 4. It feels a little better. Yesterday I was so depressed I burst into tears in front of a friend who doesn't know I am in WD. I felt I have ruined my life, that I could not handle reality. Being on them I had felt I am on my track in life but now off them I see that I am not at all. For the first time I feel reality; I cry over stupid commercials, lol. Perhaps they're not that stupid for a sober person.
    Anyways, I believe tomorrow be a better day; and it is for me to start to see things clearly and decided what to do. To calm myself down I say to myself that at least now I am clean; it could be 5 years later or never. I ruined a semester this year caus of this things. But it is gone and I like to be positive and try to make sure I do NOT have people or things around who encouraged me toward this addiction.
    I will keep updates tomorrow.
    Thanks a lot for responding and caring
    Love
    Keep that positive attitude - it will carry you through this! Whenever you feel anxious, find a quiet spot to lay down on your back. Place your hands on your tummy and do some deep breathing, slowly and steadily. Repeat this: "everything is going to be ok" over and over until you feel calm. It works!

Be gentle with yourself right now. You're going through a tremendous change for the better. Forgive yourself. There's no sense in wallowing in regret. We cannot change our past, but we can certainly change our future. Your emotions are coming back. That's a good thing! Opiates (even Tramadol) numb our real feelings and emotions. You'll find that your emotions are raw right now. That's ok. Try to roll with it. Things will level out, I promise. You're right - we have to learn how to deal with daily life without pills. I'm a big believer of NA/AA for that very reason. There, we learn the tools to cope with life on life's terms, without numbing ourselves with pills.

I'll check back with you soon.
    Kat

Thank you again for your wonderful support. Today is my day 5. I can see that my state is getting better instead of worse and this is a great news. Yesterday I took a walk and went shopping for the first time after I began detox. I think the walk made me feel better. It make me tired so I slept early. Today I woke up early and took hot shower feeling much better. I still have bone pains a little for which I take advil; I also have some chills which are better now. But mainly that uncomfortable feeling on the skin and the whole uncomfortable body is gone fortunately. I drank a lot in these days. So I feel definitely better from previous day now. But I am still detoxing. You know, somedays in the morning especially with my coffee I remember when I would take my thing with coffee and in a few minutes I'd feel different; sharp and energetic, focused, etc. I remember how good it felt and this would be the biggest challenge for me to forget. I used them mainly to focus in reading and writing; being a non-fiction writer I could write for hours non-stop. These things I remember. But please don't take this remembrance of mine as my approval of the pills. As much as they helped my writing the destroyed other aspects and in their turn began to destroy my writing. I saw much more evil in it than good; so I DO NOT WANT them back. But I have returned a few times and my challenge is to stay out and forget about the memories and thoughts related to it.
    A good advantage I have this time is the I do not have any of the friends associated with drugs. I quit my old job half of whose people were junkies. A one friend I knew moved to Europe. So no bad influences. But it is afterall my own mind who is the enemy. I hope I can try NA or AA this time successfully. Once it didn't last. But this time I want to do whatever it takes to stay off these and forget them like they were a past life thing. Any suggestions would be gold for me.
    Thanks again for invaluable support.

Hey Maya,

Just checking on you. How are you feeling?

There's a saying around here: "Getting clean is easy, staying that way is hard work". It's so true. We think that getting off the drugs is the hard part, but it's not. Staying off them requires effort and determination. If you're interested in NA or AA, you should definitely get involved. I spent some time trying different meetings to find the ones I liked. It was so worth it. I now attend a few select meetings every week and they have quite literally saved my life. I love being around the wonderful people I've met. They're a great source of comfort and support. I'm currently working the 12 steps and learning to live life again without being high on opiates. It's an invaluable thing! Step out of your comfort zone and give it a shot. You won't be sorry.

Talk to you soon.
    Kat
    Randy35 likes this.

Dear Kat,
    Thanks for your support. In fact I tried NA before in 2011 when I got off not just pills but some other things, including weed which I find to be even more destructive since it changes your character and your world; I couldn't come off it and in order to counterbalance its lazying effect I took pills, etc. NA saved me then; it helped me come clean from those things which I never thought was possible. Life was amazing, I mean AMAZING, in NA; I remember sharing in meetings that no drug in the world can give me the feeling I have when I am clean! This now makes me cry a bit but it was very true until I associated with certain people that I should not have done. That association ruined everything and I began again, though never touched pot; doesn't matter since I used anyway off and on and never went back to NA. Now I like to go back there since I new how it works but first I am a little ashamed but above all there were some people in there with whom I had problem; a control freak sponsor I had which was also a coworker and had told people at work about my situation. Some other guys who just ridiculed the relapsers which offended me personally. Some of these NA guys were more judgmental of users than outsiders; one expects more sympathy and understanding from an addict. Anyhow, I am looking to find certain meetings with whom I am comfortable. I am still feeling a little ashamed going back but my recovery is much more important; and I thank you a lot of reminding me of the greatness of NA or AA. I wish you the best of life KAT. Btw, today is day 6 and I feel much better. I am now going for a walk.
    Best