Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Paradice2010
  • 1 Post By Catrina
Day 3.5 off oxy - looking/giving help
    Paradice2010 is offline New Member

Default Day 3.5 off oxy - looking/giving help

Hello..just started an account. Been looking at these forums for 2 years trying to decide when to quit. Ive been taking oxys for about 6-7 years.. Early years around 30-50mg a day. Last 4 years about 120mg a day.

My last blue I took when I woke up Tuesday morning and have been cold turkey since. For those looking to to do this you can.. I did take off a week of work for this fyi. I loaded up on bananas..potassium pills..mens 1 a day that had the main ingredients from the Thomas recipe.. 3 Xanax bars..mary j..melatonin..tynol pm..Immodium ad.. Are the main things..

Day 1 since I took a 30mg in the morning my withdraws started around 3pm.. I know it seems to be a trend around here everyone saying don't take a Xanax but I will say its the best thing that's helped me. I've stopped taking after day 4 though. I took a half bar around 8 with a melotin 5mg. This was the worst night out of my 3 nights so far. I would violently wake up like push up position from 2-4am. Took aome bong rips and another meltotin and slept till 9am peacefully.

Day 2 - real day with no oxy.. Just major anexity and sweats.. I took a qtr xan and about 10 Immodium ad. These actually help with the with draws but don't abuse. Literally felt like I slept this day away eating bananas and the pills I bought and drank lots of water.
    For night took qtr xan and tynnole pm this time and actually slept through the whole night.

Day 3 - woke up feeling no with draws it was crazy but like I'm sure you know if youve been here before.. They come in about a couple hours after waking up. Real good chills. Manned up ate breakfast and went to the gym to do cardio for 30 mins and sauna for 15 mins.

Day 4 - today.. Same drill as day 3.. Ive only done 1 qtr xan and 7 Immodium ad. Lots of water and hydration drinks.. Still feel low on energy but just been laying in bed watching the games and movies..

My main question going forward.. When do things start to look and feel normal again? Start work Monday and I wanted to speak to someone who's been on the second week of recovery and what helped them and to anyone else whos been able to stay sober.. Tips? I won't be going to any support groups. This will be as much as I will do but just looking for any other advice. I'm going to be super active gym life is all I can really think of I guesss. Just want this rls to go away. There will be no more Xanax used from here on out but I would advice for the first 2 days if you're able to get.

Thanks!
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paradice2010 View Post
    Hello..just started an account. Been looking at these forums for 2 years trying to decide when to quit. Ive been taking oxys for about 6-7 years.. Early years around 30-50mg a day. Last 4 years about 120mg a day.

My last blue I took when I woke up Tuesday morning and have been cold turkey since. For those looking to to do this you can.. I did take off a week of work for this fyi. I loaded up on bananas..potassium pills..mens 1 a day that had the main ingredients from the Thomas recipe.. 3 Xanax bars..mary j..melatonin..tynol pm..Immodium ad.. Are the main things..

Day 1 since I took a 30mg in the morning my withdraws started around 3pm.. I know it seems to be a trend around here everyone saying don't take a Xanax but I will say its the best thing that's helped me. I've stopped taking after day 4 though. I took a half bar around 8 with a melotin 5mg. This was the worst night out of my 3 nights so far. I would violently wake up like push up position from 2-4am. Took aome bong rips and another meltotin and slept till 9am peacefully.

Day 2 - real day with no oxy.. Just major anexity and sweats.. I took a qtr xan and about 10 Immodium ad. These actually help with the with draws but don't abuse. Literally felt like I slept this day away eating bananas and the pills I bought and drank lots of water.
    For night took qtr xan and tynnole pm this time and actually slept through the whole night.

Day 3 - woke up feeling no with draws it was crazy but like I'm sure you know if youve been here before.. They come in about a couple hours after waking up. Real good chills. Manned up ate breakfast and went to the gym to do cardio for 30 mins and sauna for 15 mins.

Day 4 - today.. Same drill as day 3.. Ive only done 1 qtr xan and 7 Immodium ad. Lots of water and hydration drinks.. Still feel low on energy but just been laying in bed watching the games and movies..

My main question going forward.. When do things start to look and feel normal again? Start work Monday and I wanted to speak to someone who's been on the second week of recovery and what helped them and to anyone else whos been able to stay sober.. Tips? I won't be going to any support groups. This will be as much as I will do but just looking for any other advice. I'm going to be super active gym life is all I can really think of I guesss. Just want this rls to go away. There will be no more Xanax used from here on out but I would advice for the first 2 days if you're able to get.

Thanks!
    Welcome,

YAY for you for making this important decision. In my opinion, you've chosen the best way to get clean. Now of course you have to finish your detox which will likely be another two days or so. You sound like you're doing very well though! I have to tell you that sleep is one of the worst symptoms and the other which you are experiencing is the RLS. The RLS will probably abruptly stop around Day 5. One minute it's a beast and the next, it's just gone. Sleep is going to be different because that will hang out for a couple/three weeks and will begin to return very gradually. Just expect it and avoid taking anything except Melatonin and Sleepy Time Tea. Of course, if there any other over the counter things give them a try. They work better for some than others. The most help will be to get into the right frame of mind. Don't fight it and don't let it frustrate you. It's a very odd thing because although I quite literally didn't sleep more than 10 or 20 minutes at a time for the first couple of weeks after detox, I was able to work and do what I needed to do. I was physically tired, of course but it was astonishing how I was still able to keep moving with the faith that things would turn around. It did. So, work and exercise will be your best friends.

Going forward you can expect to have cravings but they will diminish by coming less frequently and be less intense. This is where support becomes so important. I see that you are not intending on attending meetings. Not unusual and I think that most of us resist that. Can you maintain sobriety without meetings? Sure you can. For those of us who have been on this merry-go-round for more than one spin we have to really look at how our past attempts failed and to come to terms with doing something differently because what we did didn't work.before. For me, in pure desperation that meant swallowing my pride and resistance to the notion that I could do this by myself. After all, I survived yet another cold turkey so clearly I wanted to stay clean so why couldn't I? We usually need to put aside our belief that pure resolve isn't enough. You may consider at least hooking up with a therapist. The alternative is to white knuckle your way through this journey and you don't have to do that when there's help there just for the asking. OK That's my lecture but you did ask how to maintain your recovery so there it is.

Other things I did was to focus on things that helped me feel good about myself. Random acts of kindness are now a big part of my life. They helped to restore my self esteem and to remind me that this addict is a good person and not the waste of space that I had long ago decided was my lot in life. Forgive yourself and move on.

Keep posting and stay strong for the remainder of your detox. A couple more days and those aches and RLS will be behind you.

Peace,

Cat
    Autumnhopes likes this.