Day 3 of cutting Norcos out cold turkey
    getwell1026 is offline New Member

Question Day 3 of cutting Norcos out cold turkey

Hello everyone,

I want to start by saying that reading the threads and forums on this site has been a huge help in my recovery. You all are so strong and supportive and your courage and honesty has played an amazing role in my detox.

I am 21, I work full time, and am heavily addicted to Norcos. It has now been 3 full days since I have taken one. I took anywhere from 6-10 every day. I would also take them with Percs and Trams throughout the day. I've been addicted for over a year now. I have recently found the love of my life. She has motivated me to become the best version of myself and I decided enough is enough. I told my boss about my addiction and he granted me a 2 week leave to detox (Something I am incredibly grateful for and know I am super fortunate to have). That was a hard decision, to confess to my boss that I was hooked on pain pills was fairly embarrassing, but I know I would never have the will power to ween off so this was my best shot at truly getting clean.

Day 1 was pretty rough. Lot's of tears, lot's of wanting to pop a norco to make everything wash away.
    Day 2 was sheer hell. No sleep. And when I would wake up I would be drenched in sweat, shaking, with restless leg syndrome. What got me through were vitamins and the forums. Reading about other detox experiences, knowing that there were people out there that got the level of pain I was in. How much you hurt physically, Not to mention the mental aspect. I pushed through.
    Day 3 has been just as difficult, just in a very different way. I suffer from Generalized Anxiety Disorder so naturally having a fast heart rate constantly is as bad as it gets for me! It feels like my skin is crawling. But I went for a walk, I sat outside, I showered and got cleaned up, I went to a movie, I pushed on because I knew if I just laid on the couch I would remember the pain and how badly I wanted to just take a pill.

And here I am now, drained and exhausted but proud that I am still hanging in there.

I have to return to work in a week and a half, and I was wondering how long the aches last? Managing people and dealing with customers in any state like this just seems pretty impossible. Have you been able to work?
    Also, I was surprised at how many of you have said that the cravings are still very intense even a month after being clean. That's something I am definitely not looking forward to! This is rough enough as it is now, I can't imagine still aching for a pill 3 weeks from now.

Any comments at all, advice, encouragement, anything would be so incredibly appreciated.
    Much love to all of you. xoxo

Brandy704 is offline Junior Member

Hi Getwell! Welcome to the forum. You will love it here. It literally saved my life!! How long had you been abusing?
    I was taking 150-200mg of Oxy a day. Ugh...so glad I'm not chasing that anymore. I did the Suboxone taper to help my opiate addiction. Looking back, I wish I would have detox'd from Oxy.
    Day 3-5 are generally the absolute worse. Some will say a full 7 days. Nonetheless, EVERYday gets better and I can PROMISE that!
    I absolutely hated the goosebumps/gooseflesh!! I was pouring sweat but frozen to the bone. Horrible. I did find that hot, hot baths DO WORK!! Soak as long as you can.
    ADD Epson Salt to your baths. This will really help the Restless Legs. Your muscles are tense and the Epson Salt relieves this.
    For the stomach issues: Get Immodium LIQUID. Do not get the pills. You will find the liquid helps so much better...and faster Immodium is an opiate in its molecular sense but doesnt cross the Brain Blood Barrier. However, the stomach reads Immodium as an opiate, in itself, and will make you somewhat human
    I am sooo proud of you for making it through Day 3 cold turkey!! Pat yourself on the back. That's a massive accomplishment. You may still have lingering symptoms on Day 10 but you know what?...you are almost over the hump!
    And what a major (awesome) step to take to tell your boss!! Yay! See...you have committed. You are so going to do this
    As far as the cravings...well, we are addicts. I think we all get cravings, especially early on in our recovery. For me, I got angry about it. I refused to give back in (again) to this Beast!! The reminders of all the bad it brought was enough for me.
    Tell yourself: 1 is too many and 1,000 is never enough. It's a vicious cycle.
    Hang in there and use the forum to help you. Of course we are here too!! Keep us posted.
    You've got this GetWell!!

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

In addition to the great advice you've already received, here is an additional list. Many people go through w/d c/t and work. Stay Strong. Make a plan for what you are going to do when you are no longer using. It's important that you change what you do: Get rid of any means to get drugs in the first place. Think about NA/AA. Most of us addicts tend to isolate. NA/AA get you among people with shared experiences. Addiction counseling. What gets most of us to relapse is not knowing what we are going to do with our newly clean selves. NA/AA helps you to re-learn how to live w/o substances.

Here is a list of things you can use as comfort meds:

Immodium,
    Gatorade: helps with cramping
    Hyland's Restful Leg or Calme's Forte
    Plenty of water and good fruit juices: STAY AWAY from energy drinks
    Potassium
    B-12
    A good mineral supplement, magnesium
    vitamin supplement
    EXERCISE: this gets your natural endorphines producing again, so important even a little walk around.
    Serene L-theanine/ valarian root either for anxiety.
    melatonin or other OTC sleep aid
    Lethargy: L-tyrosine with B-6

Stay Strong!

Peace,

Iloerose

Always remember "Getting clean is NOT an event, it's a process"

Hey Brandy!

Today has been particularly rough and I can't express how helpful your response was! Huge congratulations to you for getting over that Oxy beast. That is an incredibly tough hurtle to tackle. How long have you been clean?

I have been using for over a year. But honestly I have been dabbling with prescription drugs for about 3 years now. I always prefer the easy road out. With a norco I didn't have to work to be happy, I didn't have to invest. Of course, I realized when it was too late that it wasn't real happiness, but a twisted misconstrued version, an instant gratification fulfillment with an end result that was incredibly destructive. Something I am sure you are very familiar with!

Thank you so much for the tips, they were exactly what I needed! After this I am going to head right to the store to get Immodium liquid. I had no idea it was an opiate and I can see how that would be a healthy way to give my body some ease. I am taking so many vitamins my stomach is taking a beating!
    Day 4 has been a tough hurtle to climb over but I am pushing through! I have developed these massive sores in my mouth, aside from brushing my teeth I am not sure what else I am supposed to do to get a handle on it.

Thank you again so much for so many encouraging words, I am learning it's essential to stay positive, and your reassurance helps greatly!
    Here's to tackling our demons and facing them head on. I proud of us.
    Much love and respect.

Hey GetWell! Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday. I have 2 girls (7 years and 2 years old) and sometimes our night doesn't go as planned

How is Day 5? It is Day 5 today right? I'm hoping you are feeling better; at least better than yesterday. Looks like yesterday was rough. This is very typical and like I said - it could take up to a week for you to really feel like you are in a turn-around with this.

I was an addict for 2 years. My addiction took off the past year. I had a viable Rx from the doctor but you see - I ran out. Every month! So...I started purchasing elsewhere. This really esculated the problem. For me, I think the light came on when I thought: wait a minute...I just took 60mg of Oxy and I don't feel a thing. I don't even think it made me feel normal. I knew then. I was going to end up killing myself by doing this. My tolerance was out of control. My money was messed up. I was no longer feeling energized anymore by these damn things!! I still felt tired ALL THE TIME! AND I'm thinking: how is it I keep taking all these pills but I'm still in pain and I feel less than human. Time for a change
    I got really mad at myself and my addiction. I have 2 beautiful girls that deserve 100% of me, 100% of the time. Not the "fun" mom when she had pills and the "what's wrong with mom" when I didn't.

The cycle is vicious and it doesn't stop.

How did the liquid Immodium work? I HAD to have it :0

Let's us know how today is going!! Day 5 GETWELL!! Yes, let's do this!!

Oh...and today I have been clean from all opiates for 42 days

Brandy! It's so good to hear from you!

I'm sorry I've been absent for a while and left you without an update. The past couple days I have really been trying to pay attention to my present moment and allow myself to feel everything.
    It's Day 7, and I don't feel like a new person, I feel like myself. It's so strange because spending the last year completely high all the time I felt like I was really feeling. But really I think my draw to Norcos was that I would feel enjoyment and a skewed version of happy without ever having to deal with any of the negatives.
    I didn't have to remember the things I've failed at or all the places in my life I haven't been.
    The past couple days have been difficult emotionally because all the many negative feelings and emotions I've been burying were bubbling up. At first I felt very resistant. I was using things like movies as a distraction.
    But then I started reading this book called Every Day Zen, and when I would feel negative thoughts instead of pushing them away I'd allow myself to feel them in that moment, and if I did... they faded away.

What I'm really trying to say is now that I'm sober I have to work to have fun and enjoyment. It was so easy with a norco, I could take the pill and then I'd be there. But now I have to get in my car, drive to a lake, and walk around the water. And I've found that while it may be more difficult to invest in doing things that you love, the pay off is so much greater.

When I was on norcos I didn't want to travel. I didn't want to explore or love or experience. I just wanted that present unreal skewed version of happiness. It was like shutting off all these doors to my life and living in a small room.

Anyway! I feel so much better. The aches are almost completely gone, but of course the cravings are very much there. I know when I return to my full time job it will be especially hard to resist. But I am prepared to face it head on because I refuse to live life at 20%.

Reading your story gave me so much encouragement and strength. I am sure your girls must be incredible. They are so lucky to have a mom that is willing to push through something this difficult to give them the best possible life. 44 days sober is inspiring. It gives me something to look forward to, more days of living.

The liquid Immodium was a LIFE SAVOR!

I would say that the best vitamins for me have been L-Tyrosine because it took the edge off when I felt like I really couldn't push through anymore.
    As well as Potassium Gluconate (for the restless legs) and B-6 & B-12 which helped process all the vitamins I was taking and it made all the sores in my mouth go away (thank goodness! )

One thing that I do regret taking is a multi-vitamin. Every day after I took it my heart rate would sky rocket through the roof and I felt out of my own skin. Today was the first day I skipped out on it and I feel MUCH better!

Thanks so much for taking time out of your days to respond and offer such kind words. Sending all my positive vibes your way for you and your family. All of my love.

GetWell! I am so freaking proud of you!!! Day 8 today!
    I know exactly how you are feeling. I'm still early in my recovery but I certainly haven't forgot what those first weeks where like. I was a complete basketcase of emotions. I would watch my husband play with our girls and think: will I ever smile again and MEAN IT? Will....Can I be happy? Of course, then, I would cry, thinking I've damaged something and I will be this crying, unhappy mom/person forever. I cannot pin point the specific day but it was like I woke up one day and that "emotional burden" was gone. I won't lie - it took about 2 weeks for that. But most importantly...my emotions got on track and I am happier now than I have been in a long, long time.
    You are absolutely going to succeed at this! Your outlook and positive attitude is perfect for the fight! And listen...don't be too hard on yourself. This is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. But...it was also the most important. Same for you GetWell!! Keep your eyes on the prize!! You are right there
    Also, if you suffered from depression before your addiction, it may settle in again once the addiction subsided.
    Oh...I wanted to tell you. I remember being on my way to work (early sobriety) and thinking: I feel weird. I felt high. I was NOT high and had not taken anything but my vitamins. I thought...did I feel like this before pills? I hated I couldn't remember :/ That "weird" feeling lasted a day.
    All up hill from here!! I can't wait to hear how today is. Update us GetWell!!

Brandy! It was great to wake up and get to read your response!
    Now that I'm over the physical part the emotional is pretty rough. I feel weird, unsettled, anxiety ridden, ect. And of course I still have major cravings. Yesterday was tough, I was very restless.
    All the details you are forewarning me about I appreciate so much. Because then we I reach that point I feel better about it, knowing that it isn't central to me. Do you still have intense cravings now?
    It's relieving to hear that you got through the difficult days. I want to be blindsided by anything. Confusing is one of the biggest issues for me and results in a want to escape or get away.
    I haven't suffered from depression, but I am diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder. So spilling a drink usually results in me having to sit down and deep breathe to avoid major anxiety! It's not the best thing to live with but I've been dealing with it for about 5 years now and have become accustomed to it.
    That's really how I got so addicted to Norcos, because it would stop all the voices in my head. When I was high it would silence everything. So every day now is a battle to face all the things I've been trying to forget. I medicate in order to try and manage my anxiety drug free. I've been doing okay, no panic attacks at all. But I will confess, my mind spirals without me being able to grab hold of it because I don't have norcos.
    I'm learning though, I know I will get the hang of it. Just takes time. I'm on the right track.
    Hanging in there!

How is your family doing? How are you feeling today? Are you struggling with the post-effects of getting clean. Like the depression?

Always looking forward to your kind words. Sending positive vibes your way.

It was great to hear from you!! I hope today has been more of a blessing than a curse
    I do still have cravings. They are not as strong and they don't come everyday now, but oh yes...I have them. I still find that getting angry at my addiction helps me. My mental list of all the cons of chasing that demon stays with me. I recount every pain,every goosebump and every sleepless night I went through to get here. Just here. Not yesterday, not tomorrow....just here...today
    And let me say, by no means am I bellished in my sobriety. I could EASILY fall back in the trap at any moment. But I know if I made it an hour, I can make it another.
    I am so glad the physical is gone! But you're right...the mental aspect is the hardest. Do you find yourself bored? It's almost like I didn't know what to do if I wasn't high on pills. And if I did do something, it wasn't going to be fun.(addict mindset). In my mind, I thought: I'll get over all this physical and be fine. Get back life. Yea...not so easy :/
    I also have Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I was taking Busbar for this but stopped everything when I kicked. For some reason, at that time, EVERY pill was bad. Lol...probably that mind thing I had going.
    GetWell, don't you get discouraged!! Your emotions will be out of whack for a while. Remember: your mindset is vastly important! Stay positive as you have been. And do NOT get down on yourself. Your body has been through so much. Be so proud of yourself!! You have fought so hard to get here! Day 9!!! Your body and emotions have been numb for a while. Release those emotions. Scream if you have to!! Im going to keep following you! Keep me posted.
    You have been such a great help to me. I think some see that a person is on 30, 40+ days and think...they don't need our help. When in fact, for some of us, this is where our true journey begins. Lets make this journey great!!!
    Much love to you GetWell!!

Brandy! Sorry I've been away for a few days. I moved locations to my dads house for a change of scenery. That's helped, getting my own space and having the love of my father as well, he's incredibly supportive and wonderful. I'm a daddy's girl! lol.
    I guess as an addict its so easy to constantly think, "When will it get better, when?" Because we are so accustomed to asking ourselves that question and then taking drugs to immediately solve it. I'll admit sometimes I get discouraged because I realize how long my cravings are going to last for. But I try as hard as I can to not focus on the days I have left, but rather on today. On the now, just like you said.
    I think I have a tendency to over analyze and sometimes I can trip myself up. Sometimes I catch myself lost in thought and justifying a way I could take another pill. But I immediately eradicate that thought whenever I recognize it and seek out something productive to do. I'm amazed at how sneaky the addiction is!
    It slips in when you least expect it, hoping that it will catch me off guard. But I will beat it! I'm determined! Even with all the difficult parts I am pushing through. And you inspire me to do that, to keep going and to stay positive, and to hold my head up.
    Now I'm not there yet, at the 40+ days, but I would imagine it must be exhausting. Because you have some days of fight under your belt and I can see that adding up. Don't let the tired fool you, I know you will reach a point where you forget what the weight feels like. Not that you forget your addiction, like you mentioned I think that's fairly essential to your recovery. But you'll shed the burden. I am so excited for the both of us to have really tackled the worst of the emotional aspect. I know you can do it. And every second you spend sober just validates your ability to do what is best for yourself and those you love most.

I am bored constantly! I can't recall a time when I've done so much to try and compensate for not being high lol. I'm also eating a TON. Which I'm trying to stop but I've found when my mouth is moving I think about the wanting less. So hello to weight gain! I know it is coming my way!

I am so glad that I have offered you help in the same way you have offered me help. We have each other to help refocus and push forward! Thank you for always checking in, it's always such a wonderful highlight to my day. Hope you had a great monday, and here's to a hopefully great tuesday. Much love.

Hi Getwell!! Im so happy to see you are doing well. I'm doing pretty good today; a little low on energy but I shouldn't complain much
    I am a daddy's girl too!! I understand 100%!! There's no one like 'em!!
    I am stoked for us and nothing but better days ahead!! Sure, there's bumps along the way, but the bumps are just making sure we're paying attention
    I hope today has been a good one for you!
    Talk to you soon!!!

Hi Brandy! I am doing pretty good. I keep myself so busy all the time so I don't feel the boredom as much. Though there are moments of down time where it comes like this massive wave. I am doing everything possible to be healthy and I keep reminding myself that all I can do is my best!
    I know this might sound strange and naive to say, but I am actually quite amazed at how intense the cravings are. They are way stronger than they were within the first week. I know I am going to hold strong but it's crazy how intense the addiction is. I always knew I was in pretty deep but it's taken me cutting cold turkey to really realize how much I relied on the pills for everything!!
    But this will pass! Just got to keep keeping on!
    Hope all is great with you, hope today will be even better than your yesterday!
    Much love!

GetWell!! makes me smile to hear from you!
    I'm feeling a little better today. My energy is hit & miss but I'm hanging in there. My 2 girls keep me on my toes more than I care to mention
    And those cravings will come in waves. Just as you mentioned. You know the mental is the hardest part but you can do this! When I crave, I think to myself: if I take something, it may last a couple of hours. Why would I waste all the DAYS I've put in this?
    I downloaded an app (I have an android) called Clean Clock Counter. It's nice to have a reference to pull up and see the time ticking away of sobriety. Maybe you could check an app out. It helps with the mental
    I hope today was even better!!! Talk to you soon!

Hey Brandy!

It makes me so happy to hear you had a good day! I bet your girls are the best kind of handful. They wear you out but also fill you with positive energy.
    The Clean Clock Counter sounds like a great idea. I will download that tonight!
    Today was a rough day for me. I returned home for the first time, and that was a big shock. More over, I just think I am learning how to deal with not being okay. I don't really know how to handle sadness, or anger because I haven't dealt with those real emotions in so long. And of course it's just my inclination to find some way to make it all stop. But I am pushing through and just dealing with the feelings I have in every current moment. I will get there, I have hope I'll get there!
    Best wishes always.
    I will admit, it is nice being home with my large and very affection cat!

BreezyB is offline Banned

Congratulations Getwell! Your posts are very inspiring!

Quote Originally Posted by BreezyB View Post
    Congratulations Getwell! Your posts are very inspiring!
    Thank Breezy! I appreciate your support and kind words.
    How is your journey if you don't mind me asking?

Also this is a fairly general question but I am 2 weeks sober and falling asleep is one of the biggest things I struggle with. I'll be exhausted but awake until 3-4 am because I just can't fall asleep. Anyone else have this issue?

Today was the closest I have ever come to using, I felt like it is something I should share with you all of you.

I have been back to work no problem. But today I was so physically exhausted when I got out of bed I actually asked myself how I was going to get through another shift.
    When I was working everything hurt. My legs, my knees, my back, my shoulders. I was dripping with sweat from head to toe and talking myself through each hour. I was worn out, achy, and I wanted to use.
    When I took Norcos at work I didn't feel any pain. I could physically exert myself for hours with no problem.
    I held fairly strong until the night took a horrible turn. In short, a bunch of things went wrong with inventory which resulted in me having to do an extra hour of manual labor (lifting things to weigh them) ect.
    I haven't quite felt anything like I did in that moment. I seriously felt like I was coming apart at the seams.
    I wanted to curl up, scream, break down... I wanted to take a Norco.
    But I didn't.
    Instead I said over and over, "You are stronger, your are tougher, you will fight this, and you will beat it."
    Almost all of me told me that I couldn't do it, but there was this quiet voice in my head that was telling me it was possible.
    Honestly, I didn't believe I could do it. But I talked myself into it, I didn't let stop me.
    Yes I came close to using, I threw up once I got out of the building where I worked, I completely lost it on the way home, but none of that matters. None of that matters because I didn't. I didn't give in.

The thing is, I still want to use. I am scared, and tired, and facing all the problems I was running away from has been the hardest thing I have ever done. But I refuse to give up. And I suppose if I have the will to fight then I can keep on fighting.

When I got home I texted this mentor I have. He is a recovering pain killer addict and this is what he said in response,
    "We are all stronger than we give ourselves credit for. And the wars we fight within us are often the toughest battles. Take pride in tonights quiet victory."

I may not feel victorious just yet but at least I won tonight.

Much love to all of you, sending you my support.
    -GetWell
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-31-2014 at 02:43 AM.

jayurenos is offline New Member

I'm not sure if you know the Thomas recipe, maybe someone told you. But I cold turkey quit oxycontin 6 months go, 800-1200mg daily by the end and at least 10-20 perks along with whatever I could get my hands on. enough was enough, and this little recipe of vitamins helped so much, but nothing helps like your willpower and desire to "REALLY" stop. I had major withdraws at least 6 weeks, although I was taking a lot so it might be shorter, but it is the long run you must consider as well, once your cravings and withdraws are gone, be sure not to just have 1 cause 1 isn't too bad right? easy relapse, just say, "body and brain I'm sorry but that once great feeling just ain't coming back, ever" AND MEAN IT, then live happier ever after with the new and great love of your life. It can be done, but the hardest part for me was, when I promised my body/brain we are done, I meant it, and I knew I won't slip up, so that caused caused A feeling of trapped in this rotten state, and extreme depression when I was sure I would never get to "escape" to that happy place anymore, ever. But slowly, normal things like a cool song on the radio makes a person feel a bit happy, even short term, and that's what I meant earlier by willpower. And the hot baths were great, on those 6-7 first sleeplessness nights of living nightmares, being in the tub helped for an hour or so, I would take 4-5 throughout the night. And signed up for the fitness center (only for swimming and hot tub access) and after about 2 weeks I started using the bike and treadmill before my swim, and it helped so much. I still struggle, I'm still dealing with depression, but it's nothing compared to not having my "fix"

This thread can be found here on drugs.com, I just copy and pasted here.
    Good luck

The Thomas Recipe - For Opiate Withdrawal

I found this reading the board, but decided to post it again for those who haven't found it and for all us "newbies". Peace and good luck to all of those here stuggling with addicition.

"PLEASE NOTE: I am not a doctor, simply a long-time Rx opiate junkie who has had many opportunities to develop a way to detox. This is a recipe for at-home self-detox from opiates based on my experience as well as that of many other addicts. It is not intended as professional medical advice. It is always wise to make sure none of the recipe ingredients or procedures conflict with medications you may be taking. Likewise, if you have any medical condition, disease, allergy or any other health issue, consult your doctor before using the recipe. Thanks, Thomas

THOMAS RECIPE

If you can't take time off to detox, I recommend you follow a taper regimen using your drug of choice or suitable alternate -- the slower the taper, the better.

For the Recipe, You'll need:

1. Valium (or another benzodiazepine such as Klonopin, Librium, Ativan or Xanax). Of these, Valium and Klonopin are best suited for tapering since they come in tablet form. Librium is also an excellent detox benzo, but comes in capsules, making it hard to taper the dose. Ativan or Xanax should only be used if you can't get one of the others.

2. Imodium (over the counter, any drug or grocery store).

3. L-Tyrosine (500 mg caps) from the health food store.

4. Strong wide-spectrum mineral supplement with at least 100% RDA of Zinc, Phosphorus, Copper, Magnesium and Potassium (you may not find the potassium in the same supplement).

5. Vitamin B6 caps.

6. Access to hot baths or a Jacuzzi (or hot showers if that's all that's available).

How to use the recipe:

Start the vitamin/mineral supplement right away (or the first day you can keep it down), preferably with food. Potassium early in the detox is important to help relieve RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome). Bananas are a good source of potassium if you can't find a supplement for it.

Begin your detox with regular doses of Valium (or alternate benzo). Start with a dose high enough to produce sleep. Before you use any benzo, make sure you're aware of how often it can be safely taken. Different benzos have different dosing schedules. Taper your Valium dosage down after each day. The goal is to get through day 4, after which the worst WD symptoms will subside. You shouldn't need the Valium after day 4 or 5.

During detox, hit the hot bath or Jacuzzi as often as you need to for muscle aches. Don't underestimate the effectiveness of hot soaks. Spend the entire time, if necessary, in a hot bath. This simple method will alleviate what is for many the worst opiate WD symptom.

Use the Imodium aggressively to stop the runs. Take as much as you need, as often as you need it. Don't take it, however, if you don't need it.

At the end of the fourth day, you should be waking up from the Valium and experiencing the beginnings of the opiate WD malaise. Upon rising (empty stomach), take the L-Tyrosine. Try 2000 mgs, and scale up or down, depending on how you feel. You can take up to 4,000 mgs. Take the L-Tyrosine with B6 to help absorption. Wait about one hour before eating breakfast. The L-Tyrosine will give you a surge of physical and mental energy that will help counteract the malaise. You may continue to take it each morning for as long as it helps. If you find it gives you the "coffee jitters," consider lowering the dosage or discontinuing it altogether. Occasionally, L-Tyrosine can cause the runs. Unlike the runs from opiate WD, however, this effect of L-Tyrosine is mild and normally does not return after the first hour. Lowering the dosage may help.

Continue to take the vitamin/mineral supplement with breakfast.

As soon as you can force yourself to, get some mild exercise such as walking, cycling, swimming, etc. This will be hard at first, but will make you feel considerably better.

Thomas"

Last edited by ddcmod; 05-02-2010 at 03:21 PM.