Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By iamx
Day 7 and still going crazy
    Jules91 is offline Junior Member

Default Day 7 and still going crazy

I'm new to this site but have been reading posts for the last week. I'm on day 7 of ct after using hydros since 2007 after a car accident. I would take anywhere from 60-100mgs per day.
    Last week I finally hit rock bottom and on 6/1 I started day 1 of wd's. It has been so friggin hard but I'm not going back to that >>>> ever again.
    I'm still having rls and can't sleep. I feel like this is never going to end!!! I have tried restful legs, gabapentine, hot baths, hydrating pretty much everything and I'm still crawling out of my skin. Will this ever end????
    I'm going to lose my mind pretty soon.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

It will end..
    You are on the upside now..
    I promise hang in there..
    Sleep is the last to return..

Get some melatonin or Tylenol pm..
    Just get up move around..
    I know it is hard
    But it will pass..
    If you can get some sleep tonight..
    Tomorrow you will feel better..
    Your habit was really not that big
    Compared to some..

There are a few other members in the same place..
    One a few days ahead of you
    And
    One
    A few days behind you..

It will get better!

Life free from active addiction is amazing!
    You will see!
    Hang in there!
    Rockin
    It clean
    In
    2016!
    Bette

Sumtin2hope4 is offline Member

Hi Jules,
    I promise!! Promise!! Promise!! It does get better! I'm on Day 10 today and TRUST me we all know how you are feeling and what you are going through!! But just think.. You've made it this far!! You are almost to the top! Day 7 was really hard for me, day 8 was a little better, and day 9 I returned to work feeling better than day 8! Now it's day 10 and I feel even better! ( not gonna go run a marathon or anything) but I'm alive!

Some of the best advice I got from all of these amazing people here, was to try to get some sort of excercise.. Even a walk to the mailbox! On day 6 I went to the beach and walked the board walk and I'm not kidding you, that was like magic.. Now, as I'm thinking back on the days that I DID do something to move around I did feel better! I know it's hard, but just keep in mind this feeling is only a short amount of time! You made it through day 7!! That's huge! It's only going to get better!! No your not going to feel like a Rock star right away but it's far better than ever having to go through this again! Just keep telling your self that! Say it out loud... I'm NEVER going to have to feel this way Again! I kept telling myself that over and over and I keep telling myself this... Just get through one more day, just get through one more day, over and over! It really does help!

This forum helped me more than words can express! I was and still am " addicted" to it.. I also found the more I post and get feelings out the better I feel... So post often, move around often, and don't expect miracles over night! It took you a while to get here and it will take a while to get back from this journey! But you will! I keep telling myself that too!!

Congrats!! Keep strong!!!
    H

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

Hang tight Jules! It WILL get better. Some people it takes longer than others. Check Unicorn's thread. It DOES get better. It feels like it takes forever but there will be improvement, time just seems to really drag at this point. Yes get outside and walk around even if just a few minutes is all you can manage. Don't give up, you're doing great.

Thank you for responding. I made it thru the night somehow. I really felt so gross yesterday. I felt like I wanted to crawl out of my skin. Today is a little better but the nights seem to be worse for me.
    I am staying strong and taking potassium, magnesium, and a multi vitamin along with hylands restful legs. I still have no appetite or energy.
    I'm so happy to have someone to talk to about what I'm going thru. This is the longest I've gone not using and that makes me feel good.
    Congrats to everyone who has made it another day!!!! Yay us!!

So just picked kids up from school and now I have to try and be the mother I once was before the devil pill took hold of me. I feel like a shell of the person I once was.
    I started taking hydros for serious problems and started taking way more than I was supposed to which caused me to buy them off of people I know. I have spent so much money that I didn't have any business spending on pills that it makes me sick.
    I am on day 8 and praying for light at the end of the tunnel of wd's. I feel like curling up into a little ball and hiding from the world until I feel "normal" again. What is normal anymore?? Good question. One I can't answer. Just hoping it's better than how I feel now.
    I'm so happy to read others posts and see how they're getting along. I'm glad I'm not alone in this wicked battle.
    Keep on keeping on everybody.
    Jules

Keep on tuckin Jules!! I know what it is like to not want to face the world! That's how I have been feeling as well! Just try to do something... Play with your kids, or even just engage in a convo with them, they will make you laugh and feel better! It's weird how our brain is so used to feeling things that when you actually engage you start seeing and hearing things you never noticed while on those evil things! At least that is what I'm finding.. I'm actually feeling emotions! When I laugh, I laugh harder, when I cry, I cry harder, when I'm frustrated I get mad! I have not really felt all of these emotions in a long time! It's scary but good! It makes me think my brain is healing!

Anyway just wanted to give u a shout out and remind u that your not alone!

We got this girl!! Stay strong!!
    H

Thanks H!! You are so right about feeling again. I am scared at how my emotions are swelling right now, it's like a roller coaster ride I can't get off of. It's so nice to have someone who knows what I'm going thru right now. Thank you so much for your support. We are going to get thru this one way or another. I am rooting for you and know you are going to prevail.
    Maybe in a few more days my body will stop acting like its on its very own dancing tour and start behaving like a good body. I'm hoping anyways. It seems like the more stuff I take to try and sleep the more my body twitches and dances. If it goes on tour I hope it makes some money. Haha

Cheve11e is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jules91 View Post
    Thanks H!! You are so right about feeling again. I am scared at how my emotions are swelling right now, it's like a roller coaster ride I can't get off of. It's so nice to have someone who knows what I'm going thru right now. Thank you so much for your support. We are going to get thru this one way or another. I am rooting for you and know you are going to prevail.
    Maybe in a few more days my body will stop acting like its on its very own dancing tour and start behaving like a good body. I'm hoping anyways. It seems like the more stuff I take to try and sleep the more my body twitches and dances. If it goes on tour I hope it makes some money. Haha
    You're right where I was on Monday when I finally went in and got some relief from my Doctor for the RLS.
    I was taking 2 Halcyon tablets and two Valium just to try to knock myself out to sleep but it did nothing, I was still up most of the night crawling in bed, absolutely nothing else worked for me.
    Hot baths, Binding my legs tight with ace bandages (heard that worked, it didn't) no matter what, nothing worked including a supplement pack advertised here that I spent $90 on.

I told my Dr that if I could just sleep at night I can deal with the rest of it and you can too at this point.
    He prescribed Sinemet 25/100 and told me to take one in the afternoon, one at bed time and one IF i wake up at night as needed.
    It works. period.
    It is non habit forming and is a light dose of a med commonly prescribed for Pakinsons patients.
    He explained how it works which made sense to me, then I did my own research that afternoon and felt okay taking it until the RLS dissipates on it's own and it will after maybe a week, maybe two.
    Hang in there because trust me when I say the worst is behind you.
    Congratulate yourself because you deserve it by doing this for yourself and your family.
    No one could do this that didn't want to. You're doing it for you.

Hi Jules, just checkin in! How are you doing? Hanging in there I hope! Give us an update when u can!

Hugs!
    H

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-14-2016 at 06:22 PM.

iamx is offline Member

Hang in there. I am on day 6 from oxy detox (cold turkey, was on them for like 7 months) and starting to feel better. I did have quite a bit of pain in my legs and back last night but I think it was because I overdid it with exercise yesterday. The RLS and anxiety I think is the worst part of this, and the trouble sleeping, but what I have been doing is: getting out or a walk, even if its for 20 minutes. When I walked yesterday in the sun I felt so good. Also, taking hot baths to help the aches, drinking TONS of fluids. Flush your system. Writing in a journal has helped keep my busy and my mind distracted. If you're a coffee drinker limit yourself to one cup in the morning because the caffeine will dehydrate you. Listen to music, watch a movie, draw, do a crossword. Anything to keep you busy. Time has felt like it has been going by so slowly, but tomorrow it will be a week and hopefully, from what I have read the worst should be over by then. My appetite has been bad but I have been forcing myself to eat things like bananas, yogurt, cereal, and chicken soup. Imodium helped tremendously, as well as benadryl to help sleep. On average I have been getting about 5 hours of sleep at night which is apparently awesome. I am also taking 5 mg valium in the morning and at night to help with the anxiety and will taper off of this very soon. Hang in there you are doing good. I can't wait to have my life back! Energy, happiness, my social life and clear mind! Remember, you're not alone. DRINK DRINK DRINK FLUIDS!
    Thisweekforsure likes this.

Hi all. Just checking in to say hi. I'm feeling massive anxiety today and am not feeling very positive so I'll keep my negative thoughts at bay.
    I am really frustrated with my body right now. I can't seem to make the connect with mind and body right now. I am doing everything possible and still feeling yucky. I'm not giving up and I know I will NOT use today!!!
    Hugs and kisses to you all.

Anonymous Guest

I thought I'd come visit your thread...how is the anxiety today? That is my worst symptom out of all of this in my opinion. Do you have any relaxation activities for it? I've dealt with anxiety my entire life and I know the one thing that helps that is fool proof is 30 min of exercise a day, I never felt a lasting effect on anxiety beyond the workout until the exercise became a habit, so like 2 weeks, it feels fine during exercise but I was always frustrated that it would return after working out but when I kept going anyways it was about 2 weeks until I felt the effect holding me through the entire day as far as keeping anxiety away. I just wish there was a way I could help you as much as you have helped me! I'm feeling a lot better today but the idea of exercise right now sounds insurmountable. I'm going through the period of zero energy but anything that would give me energy then gives me anxiety. If you ever need to vent your negative thoughts- get them out of your head, I'm here for you! On the Pinterest website you can search journal prompts, the lazy way to start journaling lol but I think I'm going to start an appreciation journal today using the prompts so I have something to look at and read when my negativity starts poking it's head out.

Just to check, are you on any other medications at all? Do you have any major health conditions? Just checking to see if there could be another cause for your massive anxiety attacks that might not be related to the withdrawals, although it still is likely is it related to the withdrawals because you were on the painkiller for a long time. It does take a few months to completely settle down when you've been on long term.

Hola peeps!!!!!!
    DAY 17!!! I can't believe I made it this far. I never could have done it without everyone posting their tips and stories. Thank you all so much. I am having a good day today. The anxiety has been a little bothersome but I'm dealing with it.
    This week; I do have some anxiety issues stemming from the past but I guess the pills always made it better. I'm going to talk to my dr on Monday and see what she says. I used to take Xanax but I didn't like the way it made me feel. Maybe there is an alternative.
    Tidal; I'm so happy to hear you are still hanging on and going strong girl. You go with your bad self mama!!!! If you need to vent or just feel like chatting about whatever I'm here for you. I went and hung out with my daughter today by the pool. Got a little burnt but I needed a little color. Swimming felt great wish I could get those few extra pill pounds off but I know I will soon enough. One thing at a time.
    I am really hurting today but I will NOT use. Not today not ever!!!! I keep telling myself that and it's working for me so far.
    I hope everyone is having a good sober day!!!
    Jules

So glad you're a little better today. Yes, opiates will treat anxiety just like they seem to treat a lot of things. Hopefully it will calm down. I wouldn't recommend going back to Xanax but sounds like you want to avoid that anyway. I'd go with more natural ways to treat anxiety. But one thing at a time, it's still really early.

zarozinia is offline New Member

This is good to read. I am on day 6 and have gone through hell, today has been the worst, 1 hours sleep last night, pain from my condition ( M.E) and restless - so restless I cant sit still. It awful. I was on it for a genuine problem with pain, but need them less now so decided to just stop taking them, not realising the hell I would go through. Ive spoken to my GP and she was great, prescribed me anti inflammatories for pain instead, at my request, to see if I could manage on those - unfortunately they havent worked at all today, but Ive coped as my pain level are only 4 or 5 out of 10. But what do I d on the days when the pain is worse? No idea where I go from here, taking it one day at a time.

PS I did start a thread days ago but cannot find it, any tips how to find it?

Quote Originally Posted by zarozinia View Post
    This is good to read. I am on day 6 and have gone through hell, today has been the worst, 1 hours sleep last night, pain from my condition ( M.E) and restless - so restless I cant sit still. It awful. I was on it for a genuine problem with pain, but need them less now so decided to just stop taking them, not realising the hell I would go through. Ive spoken to my GP and she was great, prescribed me anti inflammatories for pain instead, at my request, to see if I could manage on those - unfortunately they havent worked at all today, but Ive coped as my pain level are only 4 or 5 out of 10. But what do I d on the days when the pain is worse? No idea where I go from here, taking it one day at a time.

PS I did start a thread days ago but cannot find it, any tips how to find it?
    Here it is:

https://www.drugs.com/forum/pain-kil...6-a-71398.html

Quote Originally Posted by Thisweekforsure View Post
    Or is that a new one and your first was deleted? I never know what's going on around here.