Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jackcole
  • 1 Post By iloerose
Detoxing while working
    Kikiray is offline New Member

Default Detoxing while working

I initially asked this question when I joined this morning but I'll note it here for good measure. I have been taking ( prescribed) 8/10 mg norco a day for a year for back pain. The amount has not been controlling my pain for some time and I have been buying them in the street to take more. Probably 15 +or- a day. I've been trying to taper recently because I know I'm wrong. For wasting $ and for being reckless with my health & justifying it by saying it's for my pain. Tapering to what I'm prescribed is made sleeping difficult and given me diarrhea. I'm taking kolonopin at night but only providing minimal relief. What can I do to make this a smoother transition while I'm working. I'm unable to take time off. Eventually I would like to get off of them completely. I'm terrified though.

Thx for reading

lindenx is offline Member

I am no expert at tapering but someone will be along in a while; just wanted to answer your post. I am still dealing with Hydrocodone issues (no longer taking it) but the thought of it remains seductive. There is a lot of support here for your journey, though, and many people have gone before.

jackcole is offline Junior Member

Hydrocodone began my journey into opiate addiction. Luckily this drug is easier to get off then the stronger stuff. If you are taking such a large dose, you should taper if you have a good supply to work with. I would just drop one pill a day until you reach withdrawal point. No telling where that will be. I expect if you are taking 20, a one pill a day drop will not be noticed. Early on in my addiction, I tapered down to 10 mg a day with ease, as hydro seems to be an easy taper. When you get to feel withdrawals, don't boost the dose, just maintain for a few days and watch it subside then drop again. Like I said, if you have the pills, you can go slow. I have done that before, but not from your levels, that is really high! So I am sure others have better ideas than me, but that is what I would do, go slow, you are way too into it for a rapid drop off.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-06-2014 at 01:25 PM.

jackcole is offline Junior Member

"seductive" is the word. When I went off of hydro, I had dreams of holding hand fulls of little yellow 10 mg pills and would wake up thinking, "god just let me suck on a couple right now". Mental games.
    iloerose likes this.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Hold where you are, kikiray, you should start feeling stable on that dose soon. You can taper as Jackie pointed out or you can ditch the whole lot and c/t. Check out the Thomas Recipe, you can use that for tapering as well. Get some immodium (priceless), also Gatorade will help, Hyland's restful leg, melatonin or another OTC sleep aid, some use benadryl. Drink plenty of water and pure fruit juices. Exercise and hot baths work. Stay strong, this is a nasty beast to beat.

Peace,

Iloerose
    lindenx likes this.

amuna1225 is offline New Member

SWIM has found that cough syrup with 30mg of DMX hbr in it helps him taper off/with withdrawals. Going to have to go hard though, 2-3 doeses at a time, and yes, you will trip out but you will feel 100000X better.