The First 24 Hours Without Percocet 30's...
    murph11 is offline New Member

Default The First 24 Hours Without Percocet 30's...

Hello All,

This is my first post here. I'm choosing to go Cold Turkey as I feel that I can get through this. I have new incentive in a beautiful 5 month old son!

I wish I had some back story that could justify my awful habit. Most people had some horrific accident or awful disease, but not me, I was just foolish enough to snort my first little blue pill with my friends for no good reason. That was 4 years and tens of thousands of dollars ago. Up until yesterday, I had been doing a minimum of 60/mg's per day, but much closer to 90-100/mg's on most days. I've managed to keep this a secret from everyone in my life except my wife. She has been pushing me to stop and I have finally decided to listen.

I have been able to stop for a few days here and there in an attempt to save money or to see if I could actually quit, but my heart has never been in it like it is at this moment. I'm not asking for any quick methods or other drugs to make it through this experience, but I would welcome others to help me along the way with their stories and support. It is incredibly helpful to know that I'm not the only one and that there are others going through the exact same thing at the exact same time!

I'm going to try and log each day about how things are going and what symptoms I am experiencing. I'm doing this so that I can go back and read them when I'm having really hard time, or to keep as a reminder of what I had to go through to get my life back in order.

Wish me luck!

- Murph

Sunshine1112 is offline Advanced Member

Murph welcome. Does not matter how you got to this point all that matters is you are ready to be done with this. You don't need any luck, will power yes and lots of it. But if I can do it and others can so can you. Keep psoting your journal will help and the support is invaluable. Stay strong!!!

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

In the Need to Talk forum in the thread Looking for guidance, bri is withdrawing today so you can have a buddy. I am too but from a much smaller dose.

Daverss is offline Member

Whatever Happened ??

Well... Things got delayed a bit... However, it has now been 7 days cold turkey. I have experienced all of the common withdrawal symptoms: faucet nose, stomach cramps, the runs, restless legs at night, tough time sleeping, sweats/chills and headaches... I can say that it hasn't been fun, but I really feel like I can do it.
    I really assumed that it would be way better by now and it is better, but not nearly like I thought. As of today, I'm still have aches and pains and don't feel 100%. I am still experiencing some major cravings and stomach issues, but it's manageable.
    I have been getting by by using Advil, Benadryl, and Imodium. I have found that going to work everyday has been surprisingly helpful. I seem to be distracted and able to get through the days much easier than if I was sitting home.
    From what I've been reading, I should be in my current state for about another 3-7 days. I hope it's the former, but I know I can make it through the latter or longer.
    I'm not really sure what made me so strong or willing to take this on with this particular attempt, but I really feel steadfast and happy.
    The last few months I had tried a few different methods to stop. The one that worked decently was using suboxone for 4 days. I had used a tapering method with the 8mg pill form. However, it felt like it was prolonging something that I could do myself.
    I have no doubt in my mind that i can do this! I cannot beleive that I let this go on as long as I have, but I know I can change things and make my future better!

Thanks for reading and feel free to comment!

Murph,

Awesome MAN! Congrats on one week clean! I just turned the page on day 11 and am on day 12. It will get better! Our dosing was about the same and on the exact same darn oxy business. Keep on keeping on! Melatonin, sleepy time tea and unisom helped me for sleep. I am canning the unisom tonight to see how I make out. Epsom salts baths with lavender at night really relaxed my body. Check out my thread in the prescription drug forum, it cant give you a little outline of where I am at and what it has been like for me thus far. You CAN win this Battle and END the CYCLE!

Turn the page, walk away!

RJ

RJ,

Thanks for the support! I'm glad that you're on the same path! It is so crazy that I started this thread exactly a year ago and didn't even realize it. I thought it was just a few months ago..... Wow! I will check out your thread now so that I can see 4 days into my future. Thanks for the tips, I will definitely use them. Keep fighting the good fight!

- Murph

Murph - you are doing so great. You really should be so proud of yourself. I'm glad you went c/t. I went the Suboxone route 9 years ago. It saved me from jail and bankruptcy but should have never stayed for that long. My dr is a poop head that took his 8 hr course online to rake in $$. Hang in there it never happens as fast as we want it to but it will happen. I'm the same way every time I stopped before was because I was out of pills or some other reason that was not in my control. Not really ready for some crazy reason or another Finding this forum really helped. People who know exactly how you feel and what you are going thru. Thank goodness you have support from your wonderful wife. Babies have a way of making us realize it's not just about us anymore. I have a 9 &2 yr old boys. Enjoy that little angel because when he is 2 and runs your life like a crazy dictator you will miss that little 5 month old lol It takes a lot to put up with our crazy lol so thank her every chance you get I can't imagine how hard it must be for people who have no support. I will for sure be following your progress and will help you I any way I can. You have already come so far and that is amazing you can do this I promise - Kim

Murph,

What it is? How you doing? Still on the up and up? Would like to hear from you! Hope you still clean!! You should be over two weeks clean now. Just checking in!

Turn the page, walk away.

RJ