Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Iwantoff2013
  • 1 Post By iloerose
First time here looking for similar experiences
    Riley555 is offline New Member

Default First time here looking for similar experiences

I'm new to all this and would like to share my story and hear other's experience with suboxone, opiate withdrawals etc. I started using hydrocodone and oxycodone recreationally about 3 years ago. They made me feel on too of the world, happy, carefree, sexy, confident, outgoing, fun all that stuff that I thought was great. A year and a half ago I found out my husband cheated. I turned to my best friend (opiates) every day just to get out if bed. Just to keep the hurt manageable. And it worked. Then I needed more, and more, and more, as time went on. It's causing new problems in my marriage, along with huge financial issues. I don't like being dependent on anything and want my life back, I want to be in control and feel "normal" again. I've read about suboxone, but was always too afraid it wouldn't work for me, and to be honest, I was scared to give up all the feelings the opiates gave me. Well my sources were dwindling and I found myself going through horrible withdrawals when a friend gave me a suboxone film to try. I figured why not, I'm already in withdrawals it can't get any worse. I tried 4mgs and felt great. I didn't take any the next day, the day after I took 2mg felt fine. Maybe not perfect, but good. And that's all I needed, I needed to feel good without opiated to show myself I can do it! So I made an appointment with a suboxone dr and went today. I told him the truth about everything even the suboxone I got from a friend and what milligram I took. He decided to induct me on 12mgs. I listened and took it in his office. The only reason I did was because I was scared to make a big deal out of it, and be a difficult patient, in case he decided he didn't want the hassle and didn't treat me. Maybe that's me reading too many horror stories online. But anyway, I took the 12 mgs in the office. An glue later he checked me, and I felt good. Probably a little too good. I leave with a prescription with intentions of only taking 2mgs per day instead of the instructed 12. On the way home I was so sick. I've been vomiting the past 6 hours and feel HORRIBLE! 12 milligrams was way too much for me. I took a max of 150 milligrams of lortab, Vicodin, Percocet, whatever I had, per day. I will resume the 2milligeams, but probably not tomorrow. Especially if I'm still feeling the effects of the 12mgs. I wish there was something I could do to feel better, but doubt there is. Am I fooling myself that 2 milligrams daily will kick my habit? Why would he start me off so high? Or is it abnormal to get so suck off 12 milligrams? Just curious to others experiences with this. I WILL quit my opiate habit! It's been 4 days now with absolutely no opiates (unless you consider the suboxone) and feel confident I can do this. Without the suboxone I would have been begging for a lortab by now!

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riley555 View Post
    I'm new to all this and would like to share my story and hear other's experience with suboxone, opiate withdrawals etc. I started using hydrocodone and oxycodone recreationally about 3 years ago. They made me feel on too of the world, happy, carefree, sexy, confident, outgoing, fun all that stuff that I thought was great. A year and a half ago I found out my husband cheated. I turned to my best friend (opiates) every day just to get out if bed. Just to keep the hurt manageable. And it worked. Then I needed more, and more, and more, as time went on. It's causing new problems in my marriage, along with huge financial issues. I don't like being dependent on anything and want my life back, I want to be in control and feel "normal" again. I've read about suboxone, but was always too afraid it wouldn't work for me, and to be honest, I was scared to give up all the feelings the opiates gave me. Well my sources were dwindling and I found myself going through horrible withdrawals when a friend gave me a suboxone film to try. I figured why not, I'm already in withdrawals it can't get any worse. I tried 4mgs and felt great. I didn't take any the next day, the day after I took 2mg felt fine. Maybe not perfect, but good. And that's all I needed, I needed to feel good without opiated to show myself I can do it! So I made an appointment with a suboxone dr and went today. I told him the truth about everything even the suboxone I got from a friend and what milligram I took. He decided to induct me on 12mgs. I listened and took it in his office. The only reason I did was because I was scared to make a big deal out of it, and be a difficult patient, in case he decided he didn't want the hassle and didn't treat me. Maybe that's me reading too many horror stories online. But anyway, I took the 12 mgs in the office. An glue later he checked me, and I felt good. Probably a little too good. I leave with a prescription with intentions of only taking 2mgs per day instead of the instructed 12. On the way home I was so sick. I've been vomiting the past 6 hours and feel HORRIBLE! 12 milligrams was way too much for me. I took a max of 150 milligrams of lortab, Vicodin, Percocet, whatever I had, per day. I will resume the 2milligeams, but probably not tomorrow. Especially if I'm still feeling the effects of the 12mgs. I wish there was something I could do to feel better, but doubt there is. Am I fooling myself that 2 milligrams daily will kick my habit? Why would he start me off so high? Or is it abnormal to get so suck off 12 milligrams? Just curious to others experiences with this. I WILL quit my opiate habit! It's been 4 days now with absolutely no opiates (unless you consider the suboxone) and feel confident I can do this. Without the suboxone I would have been begging for a lortab by now!
    Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I could be wrong, but sounds as if your doc may have put you into precipitated withdrawal by administering way too much sub too early. How far into WD were you when you took the sub in his office? Or, perhaps, you're just sick from having so much sub in your system. Either way, do not take any more tonight. See how you feel in the morning.

Docs over-prescribe subs because they are really ignorant about the drug and how to prescribe it properly. With subs, less is more. Also, a lot of sub docs want to keep their patients on sub for a long time because it's a huge money maker for them.

Yes, it's possible you could eventually stabilize at 2 mg, which would be great. Then, you can start your taper. Subs are really bad if used long term. They're best utilized over a short period of time through a taper plan.

I really hope you start to feel better. Let us know how you're feeling in the morning. There will be more members dropping in to help you. There are some incredible people here!

Oh, it would probably be best if you copied and pasted this to the Suboxone forum. You will get a lot more responses from members who are also taking subs, like me. I am currently tapering and doing well. I took subs for many years and really messed myself up.

Post in the morning. We are here to help in any way we can. Some of the other more advanced members will be invaluable to you. They are such amazing people!

-Katherine
    iloerose likes this.

systolic_suckerpunch is offline Senior Member

You're not fooling yourself at all that you will be fine on 2mg!

Doctors don't know better than to over-prescribe suboxone. If 2mg works for you, that's what you should take. And that will make it much easier for you when you decide you don't need them anymore.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Let us know how you feel. The reaction to the 12mg. could be a few different things, Katherine mentioned these above. The thing with suboxone, if you stay on it is that you have to get stable at a dose. Try the 2mg. and see how you go. Pick a time to take it and stick with it. I'm posting the sub taper here.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html

Take Care!

Peace,

Iloerose
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.