Going Cold Turkey!!!
    laileonna30 is offline New Member

Default Going Cold Turkey!!!

I am going ct for the third time, I am really hoping to stay clean this time. I do get a script from my doc, but I've also bought from friends.. So far I am 26 hrs in and not feeling horrible but no one knows but me. I have 3 daughters and a son and my youngest daughter is 3 mos so trying to care for her sucks but gotta do it. Ibjust wanted to see if anyone had advice????

kmhay85 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by laileonna30 View Post
    I am going ct for the third time, I am really hoping to stay clean this time. I do get a script from my doc, but I've also bought from friends.. So far I am 26 hrs in and not feeling horrible but no one knows but me. I have 3 daughters and a son and my youngest daughter is 3 mos so trying to care for her sucks but gotta do it. Ibjust wanted to see if anyone had advice????
    Hi, I was addicted to Percocet for 6 years and Methadone for the past 2 years, after receiving a prescription for chronic pain. Last week, I very random decided I was finished living this way. Today is day 7 cold turkey from about 30mg daily of methadone. I have a 16 month old, 8 and 11 year old, so, I was really worried about detoxing and still being able to provide care for my children... I heard through the grapevine that Imodium AD tablets are a lifesaver for withdrawal...not just diarrhea symptoms, too, but, you have to take large amounts, so, I tried it and have took 30mg of Imodium everyday, and I have not had a single hot flash, cold sweat, restless legs or arms, and I'm sleeping well. Yesterday and today I have felt really sluggish, but, nothing too awful. I wouldn't recommend taking that much Imodium to anyone, without first researching for yourself.
    I don't know if you will understand this, but, I feel the same as I did after I got prescription glasses, I can see everything so much clearer. "THERE'S LEAFS ON THAT TREE!"...haha
    Anyway, good luck to you. Find support. Family and friends to help you with your children when you're having a bad day. Also keep in mind laughter really is the best medicine, and who else makes you smile and laugh more than your children!

AmberMac is offline Junior Member

Good for you! It's a wonderful thing you are doing for you and your kids. 26 hours in and your feeling ok? that's a good thing! I applaud you for taking the step to quit again! Have you looked on here for The Thomas Recipe?