Help?! Quit methadone C.T (Looking for support/advice/supportive people)
    Thatgirlxo is offline New Member

Default Help?! Quit methadone C.T (Looking for support/advice/supportive people)

It's really hard talking to others when they just don't get it, while others literally want you to fail. I could just really use some advice and positivity..Although my mind is set, NO MORE!!

I'm a 29 yr old female. 6' 135lbs (high metabolism..i read that helps you get through withdrawals faster?)
    So I guess I could start by saying I started taking perc 15s maybe once or twice a month just for those weekend nights out for 2 years. Months went by where I didn't take them at all...Well about 8 months ago I had alot of personal issues and although its been 2 years, i struggle so badly with my mom passing away. There's literally not a day that goes by where I don't think of her... But about 8 months ago I was making really good money but also stressed and depressed...so 1 day I just get some percs and yep.. I was taking as many as 10-13 15mg percs a day. The first time I had gotten withdrawals I literally thought it was the flu until eventually realized it was because I needed the drug!!

Well that habit started getting really expensive.. I managed to ween myself down to 4-6 a day until I was introduced to methadone pills. For about 2 months to date I was taking 2 10mgs every 2 days. I loved that those were cheap and made me feel "normal" but then it got to the point where I didn't want to be controlled by the drug anymore. So last weekend Saturday was the last time I had methadone (i took 2 10mg saturday) come tuesday the withdrawals were getting to me so I ended up getting 50mg in vicodine that day. i felt so lousy after I took them and said that was it. No more!! So since Tuesday I haven't taken anything. My withdrawals are definitely uncomfortable but no where near as bad as some peoples experiences I've read. Is it because it hasn't hit me yet or is this as bad as it will feel for me?? I know everyone is different and regardless im so set and being freed. Only thousands of dollars later.

Symptoms I have been experiencing so far:
    From the waist down I constantly have chills..
    Waist up the sweats
    Mild abdominal cramping
    RLS (although i struggled with that before my addiction for years)
    Today headaches started but have gone away.

I'm not taking anything for withdrawals.. Earlier i took a Unisom but only slept an hour. I feel I should be feeling worse but is it because it hasnt hit me yet?! I'm just trying to prepare myself if this isn't even the worst of it..

Thank you for reading.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thatgirlxo View Post
    It's really hard talking to others when they just don't get it, while others literally want you to fail. I could just really use some advice and positivity..Although my mind is set, NO MORE!!

I'm a 29 yr old female. 6' 135lbs (high metabolism..i read that helps you get through withdrawals faster?)
    So I guess I could start by saying I started taking perc 15s maybe once or twice a month just for those weekend nights out for 2 years. Months went by where I didn't take them at all...Well about 8 months ago I had alot of personal issues and although its been 2 years, i struggle so badly with my mom passing away. There's literally not a day that goes by where I don't think of her... But about 8 months ago I was making really good money but also stressed and depressed...so 1 day I just get some percs and yep.. I was taking as many as 10-13 15mg percs a day. The first time I had gotten withdrawals I literally thought it was the flu until eventually realized it was because I needed the drug!!

Well that habit started getting really expensive.. I managed to ween myself down to 4-6 a day until I was introduced to methadone pills. For about 2 months to date I was taking 2 10mgs every 2 days. I loved that those were cheap and made me feel "normal" but then it got to the point where I didn't want to be controlled by the drug anymore. So last weekend Saturday was the last time I had methadone (i took 2 10mg saturday) come tuesday the withdrawals were getting to me so I ended up getting 50mg in vicodine that day. i felt so lousy after I took them and said that was it. No more!! So since Tuesday I haven't taken anything. My withdrawals are definitely uncomfortable but no where near as bad as some peoples experiences I've read. Is it because it hasn't hit me yet or is this as bad as it will feel for me?? I know everyone is different and regardless im so set and being freed. Only thousands of dollars later.

Symptoms I have been experiencing so far:
    From the waist down I constantly have chills..
    Waist up the sweats
    Mild abdominal cramping
    RLS (although i struggled with that before my addiction for years)
    Today headaches started but have gone away.

I'm not taking anything for withdrawals.. Earlier i took a Unisom but only slept an hour. I feel I should be feeling worse but is it because it hasnt hit me yet?! I'm just trying to prepare myself if this isn't even the worst of it..

Thank you for reading.
    Hello Thatgirl, I'm sorry you're not getting any responses. It's very slow in the forums on the weekends! I would suggest starting a new thread in the "Need To Talk" forum, there is a lot more traffic in that forum and surely someone will be able to give you some info, guidance and support? So start your new thread in that forum and hang in there! Take care... God bless us all!