Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By iloerose
  • 1 Post By 1DaysPay
Hydromorphone/OxyContin addiction for a year
    Stevenkibler is offline New Member

Default Hydromorphone/OxyContin addiction for a year

I've been on opiates for about a year now. Started off small, couple of Percs got me off. Then started popping them in handfuls (4-7 at a time). Then came around the 60mg OxyContin. My tolerance was still low, a 60 would last me about 2 days, usually a bit less than that. 60mg supply ran out, found a guy that sold hydromorphones,
    Went paycheque to paycheque buying 30-40 8mg hydros, just snorted them no IV. About 3 months ago found a link to 80mg OxyContin, quickly hopped on that. Started doing A LOT. Could easily do 5 of them things in one day, really I was limiting myself if I did less.

Now I'm here.... Totally fed up with this >>>> taking control of me. I have robbed, stole, borrowed money to feed this monster that was always hungry. Last week I bought a bunch of hydromorphones to taper a bit since they are a lot weaker with a short half life.

Now I'm on day 5.5 clean. Suprisingly only pooped once and it was solid. No puking. No cold hot sweats. Legs hurt sometimes. I have been using the Thomas recipe plus clonidide and gabapentin. I'm assuming those two is what's been helping majority.

Only thing is I have nooooo energy. I don't know if it's the meds or what... Going to start taking tyrosine tomorrow morning hopefully that helps.

Also if been sleeping quite a bit thanks to the clonidide, Valium and gabapentin (especially the gaba). I. Just wondering how sleep is going to be without the meds? When will I get my energy back? I want to go out drink with friends do cocaine meet girls like I did two summers ago. Golden times. (Btw coke is something I would never get addicted to) I just love it when I'm wasted.

Now I know for a fact that I will never stop doing oxy for good. But I will never let it get control of me again like that. Screw that, I learned my lesson. I'm 25 by the way. Have been smoking weed since 15/16 years old with probably like 2 weeks max without it through out the whole time. Basically I'm rarely sober. Had kind of a drinking problem when I was 16/17, was drunk everyday for weeks on end, but that's teenage years.

Basically what I'm trying to say is being sober is not for everyone, do what you do, just don't get hooked. If I knew opiates grab you by the balls like this I would of took breaks in between.

dumb- 805 is offline New Member

So, I too recently decided to stop using Norcos 10/325 of which I have used for the past 6-7 years due to a car accident. I have to say my car accident caused me to start using but then my doctor just kept allowing me to get refills. I took any where from 10-13 pills a day and like everyone else I needed those to even feel normal. I am a mother and a manager at work. In the beginning I loved the extra energy at work and now, I have none. I was having a hard time waking up and even getting things done. I decided I was done Thursday and am on day 5 and I am not sure if the worse part is over because I have not yet had any w/d that I could not handle. And here is why. I had read that if you take Cimetidine(Tagamet) 200 mg and then, waited 30 minutes and then took 6-9 pills of loperamide (Imodium) that your w/d would be so minor you could handle them. I had no choice, I took my last Norco Thursday night at 5pm. I went home drank OJ and by 8pm went to be. I woke up at 4am with body aches and anxiety, I knew here comes the hard part. I took a hot shower and took the Tagamet immediately following I drank OJ, and tried to get ready (emphasis on tried) I really sat in bed like a zombie and watched the minutes pass until it was 30 minutes. I then took 9 (2mg) tablets. Exactly 10-15 minutes later I felt that push of energy, I finished getting ready and went along my day. I was able to function without any headaches, body aches or stomach issues for the next 5-6 hours. I didn't wait for those to wear off, at exactly 6 hours I took another Tagamet and after 30 additional minutes I then took 5 more Imodium pills. I was able to function, eat and sleep while on these. Right before bed (10pm) I took 3 more Imodium and slept. I did wake up again several times but without any pain or anxiety. I woke up thinking is it time to get up? Next day I did the same deceasing the Imodium by 2 pills each dose and I did it the same way on the 3rd day. By the 4th, I took nothing and waited for the pain or w/d, I had none. I had a slight soar throat and runny nose but no headache or pain whatsoever, I did not have to miss any work or any of that. Today is the 5th day and I am super soar like I worked out but, am able to function completely. I am taking vitamins and supplements and am looking forward to getting rid of the cravings. I know Imodium makes you think you will be constipated but anyone that uses pain pills knows you get constipated with pills. by the 3rd day I was using the RR regular and for the most part knowing that I drank more fluids then I ate solids! please let me know if I can answer any more questions. Stay strong.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

"Now I know for a fact that I will never stop doing oxy for good. But I will never let it get control of me again like that. Screw that, I learned my lesson. I'm 25 by the way. Have been smoking weed since 15/16 years old with probably like 2 weeks max without it through out the whole time. Basically I'm rarely sober. Had kind of a drinking problem when I was 16/17, was drunk everyday for weeks on end, but that's teenage years."

I am going to tell you straight off here kid, because that's what you are to me, I'm over twice your age and have been at this game a heck of lot longer than you have and seen more addicts come and go than you even know. I've been through w/d more times than you've been alive: You will not be able to control this, addiction controls you: you like it too much As they say: 1 is too many and 1000 are never enough. Believe me, it's time to quit for good, I've done it time and time again: the big addict lie: I can do this and control it. How many day 1's? You can't control this. I know you've heard that it will ruin your life, but I want you to go to the NEED TO TALK board and READ.

Oh, yeah, and I had to laugh when I read: "Basically what I'm trying to say is being sober is not for everyone, do what you do, just don't get hooked. If I knew opiates grab you by the balls like this I would of took breaks in between."

Read around the boards and get yourself educated about your own addiction before you lose everything in your life, because, mark my words, unless you quit it WILL happen.

Make sure you take some B-6 with the L-tyrosine for energy.

Peace,

Iloerose
    Catrina likes this.

1DaysPay is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by iloerose View Post
    "Now I know for a fact that I will never stop doing oxy for good. But I will never let it get control of me again like that. Screw that, I learned my lesson. I'm 25 by the way. Have been smoking weed since 15/16 years old with probably like 2 weeks max without it through out the whole time. Basically I'm rarely sober. Had kind of a drinking problem when I was 16/17, was drunk everyday for weeks on end, but that's teenage years."

I am going to tell you straight off here kid, because that's what you are to me, I'm over twice your age and have been at this game a heck of lot longer than you have and seen more addicts come and go than you even know. I've been through w/d more times than you've been alive: You will not be able to control this, addiction controls you: you like it too much As they say: 1 is too many and 1000 are never enough. Believe me, it's time to quit for good, I've done it time and time again: the big addict lie: I can do this and control it. How many day 1's? You can't control this. I know you've heard that it will ruin your life, but I want you to go to the NEED TO TALK board and READ.

Oh, yeah, and I had to laugh when I read: "Basically what I'm trying to say is being sober is not for everyone, do what you do, just don't get hooked. If I knew opiates grab you by the balls like this I would of took breaks in between."

Read around the boards and get yourself educated about your own addiction before you lose everything in your life, because, mark my words, unless you quit it WILL happen.

Make sure you take some B-6 with the L-tyrosine for energy.

Peace,

Iloerose
    Some very good info here. You really need to 150% want to be clean. You can NOT go into the process of getting off opiates with the attitude of "oh i will take one here or there" or " i know i will never stop doing oxy"..you will be at day one time and time again, and no matter what you say, it will take control of you before you even know it. Your pockets will be empty more and more with nothing to show for it. You will fall back into the habbit, just a matter of time. It will control and consume your life.

One year on opiates is not very long when you read a lot of the other peoples stories around these forums. Get out and off while you are ahead.

Youre about 2 weeks clean (hopefully) by now, stay stong and keep on going! Every day that you put behind you clean is one day closer to being yourself again, feeling and living a normal life. The farther you are from day one the easier the physical part gets. The mental part is what takes the most time. Your mind will tell you whatever it needs to to get that >>>> back into your sustem. If you feel the urge to take pills just come on these boards and ask for support. You have no idea how much you will receive.

Like iloerose said, go read and educate youself about this addiction before its too late, and it consumes you furter.

All the best

1dayspay
    iloerose likes this.