I know I said April
    shawn156 is offline Member

Default I know I said April

And I was really close to April. I stopped using this past Sunday.Felt fine had to use imodium 2 times but no other side effects. I am glad I made it through the winter without having to up my dose to much.I went from 60 to 90 pills but that was short 1 month. I am clean and feel fine.Minor pain but I did just stop this past week,I look for it to go away next week. I didn't use any other opiate to make the jump.I think I had it easy for 2 reasons. I was on a low dose and kept it under control and have stopped using for 3-4 days at a time during the winter.
    I know I am still an addict and will be again come late September early October,I know when the pain starts and stops.Mild winter helped out a whole lot also as far as pain goes.There were a few days I was hurting bad,but I survived on what my wife left out. I had no choice anyways.
    I don't know if this will encourage anyone to stop or not but I will say that when you make that jump,you will have pain in the lower back and maybe RLS a few nights and dull pain in the joints but don't let that discourage you a bit.It all goes away fairly quickly.
    I do expect some people to bash me for my on and off use,but It's the only way I can live a half way normal life during the winter months and I can walk away from them pretty easy with minimal w/d

I might add that I am having pain between my shoulders.I think I know why,I play drums and use them muscles a lot and sometimes over do it. I see my Dr on the 8th and will have him take a look at me again.I done got rid of the pills to the pharmacy so there is no going back and I just had them filled last week so I'm 100% sure I can't go back.I done it like that for a reason.Dr won't and can't prescribe me anymore.DEA will be all over him for it and I wouldn't put him in that position anyways. I wanted off and now that I am I am living life like I should be without the pills. Feels good!

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Congratulations, Shawn! Maybe just some creaky old muscles bothering you that you didn't notice before. It's unbelievable what you are doing. I know I never could have taken a bottle full of vikes back to the pharmacy!! Yikes. Good for you!

Peace,

Iloerose

Thanks!
    I didn't look at it as being a hard thing for me to do.It was a change I wanted to make and the only way to do it and know for sure I wouldn't take any was to fill them then take them back a few days later to dispose of them.I feel much better mentally and physically. Just some minor aches I can live with.