It's time
    anxiousinid is offline New Member

Angry It's time

I've been addicted to pain pills for the last four years. It all started with an extensive knee operation that put me on hydros for about six months. It didn't help that the doc botched the surgery, which left me in more pain than before, and when I returned to ask for help, all he did was accuse me of trying to get more pills. I saw another surgeon, who listened, and checked it out with a scope, only to find the problem and fix it for good. By that point, the opiates were a necessity, and when I stopped taking them, it felt like life was going to end.

I've done this roller coaster ride of emotions for the last four years, and I want to stop. I NEED to stop! I'm tired of sneaking around, stealing pills from family members, and doing pill swaps to keep it all going. I have a lucrative career ahead of me, a family who still loves me, and I want to keep it all that way.

Problem is, when I do quit, it makes me feel like the incredible hulk - angry, moody, irritable, and bound to go off at a moment's notice. I snap at my kids for the littlest reasons, get in fights with my wife, and the list goes on. I don't like being a total jerk, which is what usually gets me looking for more pills. If I can just get more, then I'll feel better and be the husband and father I need to be.

But that's not the answer, is it?

Couple all of this with the fact that I'm starting to remember repressed memories from a seriously jacked-up childhood, and it's a recipe for disaster.

What I want to know is, if I push through this with every bloody sodding thing that I've got, at what point can I expect the irritability to start tapering off? I just need a goal to shoot for, so if any of you have advice, I'd love to hear it.

By the way, this is day 3 of C/T. I've made it as far as a month before.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hi there. I'm so sorry you haven't received any replies yet. This particular board that you posted on doesn't get much traffic. You still out there?

First, you should copy and paste this on the Need to Talk board. Lots of members are on that board all the time.

So, at this point you're about 23 days clean, right? I hope you stuck with it! Sounds like you really want to be free of pills. Good luck to you.

All the best,
    Kat