Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By robbie-ny
Kicking the Pain Killers
    Biker Dad is offline New Member

Cool Kicking the Pain Killers

I don't know where to begin.
    I was clean and sober for 11 years and then started using Tramadol. After a few different surgeries and using the pain killers from them I also have used my wifes tramadols. The result has led me back into stealling medication from the ones that I love and whom trust me. I have finally had enough guilt build and have started to try to get back on track with my life before things fall apart. i have a beautiful family of a wife and 4 daughters, three of them are triplets. I did not use yesterday and do not plan on using today. By the grace of god I will make it another day. I can't imagine the thought of loosing my family over this when I know what to do. take it one day at a time. I would love to meet some people in here to talk.

subsnomore is offline Member

Biker Dad, I don't normally post on this site but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to guide you though this. We all have been there done that. I'm currently 6 days Suboxone free and pushing through. I wish you all the best and I'm sure people will have some things to make this a litter easier. Just know your at the right place!
    Emily

Harriat is offline New Member

Basically,a person addicted to painkillers can expect the following as part of his painkiller withdrawal treatment.
    -Medication
    -Behavioral counseling
    -Involve yourself in social activities and welfare programs to help yourself and also to help others
    -Willingness and commitment play a major role in painkiller addiction treatment.

I am with you.

Default Ringing in the ears?

Has anyone experienced constant ringing in the ears or Tenitis? It gets so much worse when I am off the meds.

robbie-ny is offline New Member

Biker Dad - Hopefully you tapered down and did not go C/T as there are risks.

I am 30 days off Tramadol now and barley miss it, if at all. I miss the energy only, but it's a false energy with a high price to pay of course. You CAN do it!! You will do it!

PS: father of twin girls myself
    dedicateddaddy likes this.

jacobedward02 is offline Banned

Hi Biker,

Try to avoid pain killer, and try to make use of meditation.
    Have a happy life

shawn156 is offline Member

I hope you can get clean and stay that way for your family. I have been through this once and lost a relationship because of it with my kids' mom. I cleaned my act up and was doing great,even got custody of my kids and don't have to deal with the ex anymore since she made several bad choices.
    My point is,the pills consumed me.I was taking way to many and never knew I was an addict.I didn't want to admit it.She never gave me any warnings about leaving,she just up and left to make a long long story short.
    Now I am facing the same problems with my current wife and I think we are about done and will be getting a divorce soon.I do have a reason why I am on a narcotic,and I am not happy with having to be on it.But on the other hand,I have no life when I am off them since the pain is so intense in my back.I have tried several different non narcotic pain meds and none have worked for me. But enough about me,this is your thread.
    Take it from someone who has lost it all because of the pills and about to loose it all again,it's not worth it. If you are capable of getting clean,that is the best thing to do,but do it for yourself and the rest will fall into place.Things will seem different when you are done with the withdrawals. If I didn't have to take these darn things,I would stop in a heart beat. I have considered stopping,but yesterday I ran out and I didn't sleep at all hardly.I tossed and turned and slept when I could.I've become suicidal because I have no options left to fix my pain and it is slowly getting at me. I do see a therapist and I do get medications for anxiety and depression,but they don't help. Sorry off track again.
    Good luck and I really hope you can get off the pills and enjoy the family you have.Not everyone is so lucky to have what you do and many people have divorced or broke up because of the pills.