Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By UHD
  • 1 Post By UHD
Maxitam withdrawals
    UHD
    UHD is offline New Member

Default Maxitam withdrawals

Hi everyone,
    I only ever used one other forum like this years ago. It's seems quiet nowadays, I checked today.

In the past I've had a good addiction to tramadol. Silly amounts. Death defying amounts. Not something I'm proud of, trust me.

I must have been clean for a good few years and then my back gave out. I was given maxitram 50 mg which then went up to 200 mg. This is from the doctor that's known me through my pass addiction. My useage gradually increased (I knew someone that got them too and didn't take them so they gave them to me) and I found I was taking 10-12 maxitram 200 mg per day. Somedays is cut back to a level where I could easily cope with when there were important things to do. I would always start the day with 2 200 mg tablets. Abusing later after work or taking them so I'd know they would be kicking in when I left work.

I knew I needed to stop. Took it easy at times to great ready to have a go and I never done it. It played in my mind over and over and over.

I've felt under the weather the past while and had a cold that left me with an infection and feeling really unwell. This to me was the time to kick it. I went to the doctor for an antibiotic and talked about stopping the maxitram. I had some 200mgs left and told the doctor that I felt if we dropped it to 2 50 mgs a day, I'd survive some of the anxiety.

Well I got home and put the 200mgs in the bin. It was Monday and the bin man came and cleared the bin. So here we go I said. I started with a 50mg. After an hour I thought I was having a nervous breakdown. I quickly thought too large a drop too soon and took another two. I gave it two hours this time. I felt no better. To cut it short. I was given 30 50 mgs. One twice a day for two weeks. I had them swallowed in 2 days. You can guess what the third day was like.

I had nowhere to turn. Thankfully I was off work this week as I'm actually ill. I had to open up to my father. He knows my past but it still wasn't an easy thing to do. We talked about it for a while and he offered to help. He's a tough but kind hearted man. Dad asked me what I wanted to do. My father takes tramadol 50 mg one or two at bed time, has done for years and has never went over. He sometimes even stops for a break from them. I asked him hoping this would help me avoid cold turkey to give me one 50 mg a day for 3, maybe 4 days to cut the anxiety and with any luck I'd get a bit of a gradual withdrawal. We agreed, but quickly found one didn't do it. We agreed then on two 50's for two days and then down to one for the last few days. Believe me, when Monday comes and all the pills are gone. I know there is no more to be had from my father. I don't want to need them, but I don't want to be climbing the walls either. I want a slow withdrawal. Of course Monday comes my father and I know, if things aren't better it's back to the doctor for an open heart to heart.

My fear is come Monday my doctor will force me into cold turkey. The doctor and I know each other. Have a respect for each other. I'm so frightened that this could all effect work and my relation ship with my girl friend. I'm back to work tomorrow. I have two 50mgs to help tomorrow and I think I should be ok. I might feel a good bit of anxiety, but in all I believe I'll get through the day. Don't get me wrong, it might be tough, but I will fight it while at work. Tomorrow evening belongs to me so I can stress a bit and not worry too much about others. The weekend might be tougher now, I'll have to wait and see, but Monday frightens me to the core. Trying to get an appointment is near impossible with my doctor and other doctors can be tough on people like me and I have the fear that the doctor will says no more it's cold turkey for you. I'll have a nervous break down I think.

I just like to thank all that read this, I know it's a lot.
    Thank you
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-23-2016 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Spelling

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by UHD View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I only ever used one other forum like this years ago. It's seems quiet nowadays, I checked today.

In the past I've had a good addiction to tramadol. Silly amounts. Death defying amounts. Not something I'm proud of, trust me.

I must have been clean for a good few years and then my back gave out. I was given maxitram 50 mg which then went up to 200 mg. This is from the doctor that's known me through my pass addiction. My useage gradually increased (I knew someone that got them too and didn't take them so they gave them to me) and I found I was taking 10-12 maxitram 200 mg per day. Somedays is cut back to a level where I could easily cope with when there were important things to do. I would always start the day with 2 200 mg tablets. Abusing later after work or taking them so I'd know they would be kicking in when I left work.

I knew I needed to stop. Took it easy at times to great ready to have a go and I never done it. It played in my mind over and over and over.

I've felt under the weather the past while and had a cold that left me with an infection and feeling really unwell. This to me was the time to kick it. I went to the doctor for an antibiotic and talked about stopping the maxitram. I had some 200mgs left and told the doctor that I felt if we dropped it to 2 50 mgs a day, I'd survive some of the anxiety.

Well I got home and put the 200mgs in the bin. It was Monday and the bin man came and cleared the bin. So here we go I said. I started with a 50mg. After an hour I thought I was having a nervous breakdown. I quickly thought too large a drop too soon and took another two. I gave it two hours this time. I felt no better. To cut it short. I was given 30 50 mgs. One twice a day for two weeks. I had them swallowed in 2 days. You can guess what the third day was like.

I had nowhere to turn. Thankfully I was off work this week as I'm actually ill. I had to open up to my father. He knows my past but it still wasn't an easy thing to do. We talked about it for a while and he offered to help. He's a tough but kind hearted man. Dad asked me what I wanted to do. My father takes tramadol 50 mg one or two at bed time, has done for years and has never went over. He sometimes even stops for a break from them. I asked him hoping this would help me avoid cold turkey to give me one 50 mg a day for 3, maybe 4 days to cut the anxiety and with any luck I'd get a bit of a gradual withdrawal. We agreed, but quickly found one didn't do it. We agreed then on two 50's for two days and then down to one for the last few days. Believe me, when Monday comes and all the pills are gone. I know there is no more to be had from my father. I don't want to need them, but I don't want to be climbing the walls either. I want a slow withdrawal. Of course Monday comes my father and I know, if things aren't better it's back to the doctor for an open heart to heart.

My fear is come Monday my doctor will force me into cold turkey. The doctor and I know each other. Have a respect for each other. I'm so frightened that this could all effect work and my relation ship with my girl friend. I'm back to work tomorrow. I have two 50mgs to help tomorrow and I think I should be ok. I might feel a good bit of anxiety, but in all I believe I'll get through the day. Don't get me wrong, it might be tough, but I will fight it while at work. Tomorrow evening belongs to me so I can stress a bit and not worry too much about others. The weekend might be tougher now, I'll have to wait and see, but Monday frightens me to the core. Trying to get an appointment is near impossible with my doctor and other doctors can be tough on people like me and I have the fear that the doctor will says no more it's cold turkey for you. I'll have a nervous break down I think.

I just like to thank all that read this, I know it's a lot.
    Thank you
    UHD - How long have you been taking that much tramadol for? Is this correct, you were taking 10-12 pills a day of 200mg tramadol? If that is the case which seems insane and suicidal then you have to taper super slow, maybe 5-10% every 7-10 days? Otherwise you'll be in constant withdrawal if you taper too fast! I would think cold turkey is out of the question for that much tramadol abuse? Be careful! Best of luck to you... God bless us all!

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

Can't help you because you already know, but for the sake of others reading this, cold turkey is NOT best for tramadol. It's sort of an opiate, yes, and most opiates you're better off cold turkey but because tramadol has the SSRI component, it should never be discontinued abruptly. Slow taper is best. I sure hope your doctor agrees.

UHD

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    UHD - How long have you been taking that much tramadol for? Is this correct, you were taking 10-12 pills a day of 200mg tramadol? If that is the case which seems insane and suicidal then you have to taper super slow, maybe 5-10% every 7-10 days? Otherwise you'll be in constant withdrawal if you taper too fast! I would think cold turkey is out of the question for that much tramadol abuse? Be careful! Best of luck to you... God bless us all!
    How long? I'm not sure. You know it might be under the year. I'm thinking hard now and I'd say I was probably taken 7 200mgs every other day and then drop to 3 the next. Sometimes I had little pills left and had to stick to a low dose, but when I had plenty I could have went throw 120 pills in three weeks. By this stage I'm begging on myself or someone else getting the script filled a little early. It was a close call.

Today which is still middle of the night will be my 3 day without maxitram. I took half a 5 mg diasapam to help we get over to sleep. Which I thought wasn't bad. I'm awake now and I've taken the other half. Wide awake.

For today I have two 50 mg of tramadol to help. This leaves me two for the weekend one per day.

I've been off four days with a different allightment and was going to go back tomorrow. I might just go confess to the doctor.

I was only able to quote one reply in my response, but thank you to both members for replies.

UHD

I've an appointment today. I took 2 of last 4 of the 50 mg tramadol at 7.35 this morning. Couldn't wait, may be if I pushed I could have pushed for later. Don't have anything for later cause I need to keep the last two for one a day over the weekend. I think this is a hard push. Had been a long night, slept about 90 minutes in total I think. I waken like a bullet, wide awake. I get this feeling in my arms, a tingling funny feeling. I've had this before, I call it medicated arms. I'm off work sick this week for something and was going to go in today, but called in sick as I wanted help from the doctor and could leave work if I went in.

So, about an hour and a half later I'm feeling pretty good. I don't like to say I'm pleased, but I am, because I've dropped so far and feel better now at the minute for it. There is anxiety but I'm doing ok. It's a process that I need to go through, I know it'll be tough some days, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm worried about seeing the doctor. I couldn't get my own and it's Friday. Out of options. If he helps and works with me, I believe it'll be very promising. If he doesn't help, I'll get the fear. A little worried at the moment.

UHD

So just an update.

The doctors appointment went very well. I said my part, the truth. The doctor was really nice and very understanding. Couldn't do enough to help me. So it's 200mg twice a day for a week,150mg twice a day for a week etc. Even if we have to go to one 50 mg for a while, that's fine we'll work through this. I was offered advice, which can help, but more importantly he offered his support and didn't judge me or look down upon high as if I was a lossy junkie. Which is always what I'm frightened of.

So the journey begins. I'll have to stick to it. Try hard to follow the plan. It's crazy you know, the idea popped into my head once finished with the doctor and getting my prescription for one last hit. That would defeat my purpose and this time I avoided that. So he we go.
    Thisweekforsure and Ricky71 like this.

UHD

I'm going to keep updating this if I get a chance. Just so others who might be in the trouble I was can see something good happening.

It's only been two days, well today is the third since I seen the doctor. I am feeling good, i mean, wow. It feels like the light of the world has come back into my life. Like being born again and the opportunities are endless. I hear the bird in the morning and I love it.

It's still early, but I'll be getting there. When I was bad before this spell, my life wasn't so great, but the same feeling did come to me then and it was a little overwhelming. It can be and still is a little, but I'm glad I'm here now.

There are a few things I need to deal with, but I know everything can't be done at once, so I need to settle myself and not rush. I need to learn to relax again and then move forward.

I wish I had the grammar to explain it best, but, someone must be shining a light on me.
    Ricky71 likes this.

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by UHD View Post
    I'm going to keep updating this if I get a chance. Just so others who might be in the trouble I was can see something good happening.

It's only been two days, well today is the third since I seen the doctor. I am feeling good, i mean, wow. It feels like the light of the world has come back into my life. Like being born again and the opportunities are endless. I hear the bird in the morning and I love it.

It's still early, but I'll be getting there. When I was bad before this spell, my life wasn't so great, but the same feeling did come to me then and it was a little overwhelming. It can be and still is a little, but I'm glad I'm here now.

There are a few things I need to deal with, but I know everything can't be done at once, so I need to settle myself and not rush. I need to learn to relax again and then move forward.

I wish I had the grammar to explain it best, but, someone must be shining a light on me.
    UHD - Keep on keeping on! You'll get there soon enough? Don't give up and stay strong! You can and will do this! I wish you well! Take care... God bless us all!