Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Randy35
  • 2 Post By Maya30
  • 1 Post By Maya30
  • 1 Post By Daverss
My Day 6 of Tramadol c/t
    Maya30 is offline New Member

Smile My Day 6 of Tramadol c/t

It is now my day 6 off of Tramadol c/t. I just felt I need write an update. I stopped from 400 mg/day using for 1 year. I managed to obtain some anti-seizure meds and some clonidine for the WD. From day 4 I didn't get worse and now on my day 6 I feel much better. I have some muscle or bone pain but the main symptoms are almost gone. I feel human after a while; music touches me; movies make me cry, and all that hormonal uproar which makes me feel alive. But feeling a little better I am just starting to crave for tramadol. Since I am past the main symptoms and can function well I plan to seek some help, maybe NA or AA or else, to begin a new lifestyle or change some habits so I overcome the craving and never come back to this addiction again, hopefully. I will appreciate if any one has advice on post-WD strategies. Thanks everyone who are there to support and I wish well for all others struggling with WD.
    Thanks
    Maya

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Maya - It's soooo much better for everyone if you could stick with just one thread. You have 4 of them and it can get really confusing trying to find which one to post on. Stick with either this one or any of the others to get the most responses.

-Randy

NA or AA meetings will give you the face to face support of other addicts. That kind of help and support is priceless Maya! I have friends I can call or visit and we keep each other grounded and from using. Theres so much help available in those meetings. Hope you go, then you'll see what a true treasure meetings really are!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-23-2015 at 12:16 PM.
    Iwantoff2013 and Daverss like this.

Dear Randy35, thanks for letting me know about this; when I started I was in the beginning of WD and didn't read the rules or couldn't pay attention to them much, and I wrongly assumed we write updates in new threads. I will stick to this one.
    I am now in day 9. Before starting c/t I met a doctor who prescribed me anti-seizure and clonidine; he asked me to meet him after a week. I met him a few days ago and he prescribed me this thing called Naltrexone+Seroquel for craving. I have taken these for 2 days and hate myself for it. I am so numb and unmotivated. I guess my WD is 90% gone except the mental part that I should work on. But these new meds have made it difficult for me to progress. I stopped taking them today and plan to go to NA or AA instead. I hate this medicated state; I feel weird. I feel as if my mind-body is crying from inside. Anyhow, I will see how I feel when I am off these meds. I used to be a swimmer before I started using years ago. I will go back in water+meetings and hope for the best. Thanks for the great support, but I will come back and update this thread. It is great to share.
    Iwantoff2013 and Daverss like this.

I am back again but this time because WD from the anti-seizure meds I took for tramadol WD. I am off tramadol c/t now for 22 days but the gabapentin I took for WD is making me miserable. I started with 900 mg a day for one week; then 600 mg a day for another week; and 300 mg/day for third week; and stopped right there 2 nights ago and now I am starting to feel terrible. It is a whole different beast than tram WDs, and I heard it may takes a few weeks. I should say it is not now as bad as tram WD but I don't know if it will get worse or not. The annoying part is that after 22 days I am still struggling with the physical part though from a gabapentin. Since I am naturally optimistic I like to look at it as a blessing since it made me hate abusing narcotics. I am just hoping it will be bearable so it won't affect my school performance. Just wanted to check in.
    Daverss likes this.

Daverss is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Maya - It's soooo much better for everyone if you could stick with just one thread. You have 4 of them and it can get really confusing trying to find which one to post on. Stick with either this one or any of the others to get the most responses.

-Randy

NA or AA meetings will give you the face to face support of other addicts. That kind of help and support is priceless Maya! I have friends I can call or visit and we keep each other grounded and from using. Theres so much help available in those meetings. Hope you go, then you'll see what a true treasure meetings really are!
    I agree ( It's Cool Maya).
    I have not been on here much but it does seem many people have started threads went on for awhile then disappeared ..? Gave up? Relapsed?
    If so that's cool , they should just say so .

Its just hard for people like me who type slow ,get distracted easy , to see the same ? over & over again (in the DA Threads,ie- I want off Benzos, My K-pin taper, Oxy Withdraw How long? & many were Started years ago. ' Makes my head spin'
    Sorry Maya for ranting on your thread.
    I truly wish you the best of luck & the strength to reach your goals.
    Best wishes
    Daverss

Daverss is offline Member

Just read your posts .
    IHO Your dr's an A8Hol4.
    To give you such strong meds as Seroquel
    Note ,, please forgive my spelling , I type slow & if I do all "by the book" Ill be typing all day & get logged off like I usually do by the time I hit Post reply.

I don't have any experience with Serquil , other than taking it years ago cause I had no Opiates ( it did not even help me sleep @ that time.) This was 10+ years ago and the guy who was on it was Paranoid Skitzo.
    Since then i;ve seen its use all over the place the last time was in jail in 2007 , They seemed to give it to all the meth-heads they had locked up & they Slept 18 hrs a day , BTW I wanted some cause for 15 0f the 18 days I was in I slept only 1hr or 2 a day coming off Xanax & Methadone CT...A true Nitemare.
    So imo it;s way to strong for someone who needs to be active & alert.

My only experience with Ultram as I call it was in 2001-2003 When I would take it as a Substitute Opiate -
    Did not work at all!
    At that time the Dr's were giving it out as Samples .
    Read up on it & it scared me, cause at that time I would Drink on it & take more than I should.
    A friend of mine at the time was taking Soma at the time & when she ran out of Lor_tabs she took only 2 50 mg (I think) tabs & Had a Seizure.
    Never Really saw how anyone liked it ,,it just made me feel wierd ( not the opiate feeling i wanted).
    Could not see anyone being addicted to it but years ago at my MD Clinic one dude from Serbia said most people over there were hooked on it. & Seen a few others like you who were addicted to it.

IMO you did the right thing stopping the serquil , & I wish you luck in your goal of getting strait.
    Daverss
    Maya30 likes this.