Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BookishBG
My Oxycodone Detox
    Purplebars is offline New Member

Thumbs up My Oxycodone Detox

Im Mike

Im 21 and I have been taking about 4-5 to even 6 Roxycodone (30mg Oxycodone IR) for about 5 months. I had a 3 stage surgery to put in a J-pouch idk if any of you know what that is but google it and you will find out. Anyways I had to go through 3 parts of surgery in between each one was 3 months. Each surgery they perscribed me Percocet 5-325 -120 of them for the other 3 out of the 5 months I was on Roxys. I started to get to the point where 6 of them would feel like one. This is the part that sucks the person who supplied the 30mg lived 2 blocks away from me & and would always be at his house. The worse part he would always text my phone asking if I want which made it worse. Anyways on this Sunday I decided I wanted to quit, I had 1 Roxy left and I did it Monday morning at 6:15 am. So im technically only a day into my detox. Im really serious about this and I'm going to quit, I went to sleep 11pm and woke up at 10am (I was surprised) Im also following the Thomas Recipe which helps. Anyways I just wanted to put in my two cents. I heard this forum helps alot so im looking forward to feedback. Xanax from the Thomas Receipe works wonders to sleep. I take about 1.5mg Xanax and drink 1 beer and I usually knock for most of night. Anyways...any feedback would be appreciated.

PS. Im on day 1 and the only symptom i really feel is fatigue - Will it get worse days 2, 3, & 4?

Thanks,
    Mike

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

First of all back off on the xanax. Beer isn't really very helpful either, you need to be careful of trading one addiction for another. Next, delete all numbers and tell your friend you no longer need anything and to please not give you any. If he's a true friend he will follow your wishes. The L-tyrosine with b-6 will help you with energy as will getting some exercise, whatever you can do. Take your vitamins and drink plenty of water and pure fruit juices, no soda, no energy drinks. You should be on about day three by now, take immodium as needed it will help you feel better because it contains an opiate which does not cross the blood brain barrier, you won't get high off of it, but it will make you feel better.

Good luck, mike.

Peace,

Iloerose

Thanks so much for the response. I'll update in the morning. A swell as try everything you said. They only reason I take Xanax is bc I'm prescribed (.5mg) and it helps me sleep. They beer was stupid , yes but i did it anyway and it knocked me out.

Will respond back tomorrow!

Thanks again,
    Mike

You want to watch out for the xanax that stuff is worse than what you are detoxing from! Benzo w/d is the worst, so be sparing, I don't care what a doc said about the stuff. Anyhow, hang tough!

Peace,

Iloerose

Day 2:

Thanks rose for the reply. Im prescribed ti so i take the dosage recommend. Anyway last nite sucked I was up til 5 am. To behind I always wake up and take the Thomas Recipe and so far I haven't been feeling any crazy discomfort except the RLS. That KILL me at night. I ate 3 bananas before I slept. Anyways i'll be back w another update thanks for the support

Mike

Try some gatorade and hyland's restful leg. Just because you're prescribed a drug doesn't mean it's good for you. Keep going and hang tough, this will pass.

Peace,

Iloerose

Rose
    I completely agree with the perscribed Xanax but im only perscried .5mg and I break them in half to take them. I actually have to take them way before I got on Oxycodone. All im doing is using them to sleep which doesn't even help. The sleep for me is the WORST part. But im currently on Day 2 & its around 9pm im going to hit a hot bath and relax and try to get SOME sleep. I am trying to make it past the worst Ive heard day 3 &4 are still hard but at the end of Day 4 you should be back to normal which is what I am hoping

Anyways thanks for all the responses & ill keep you posted

Later,
    Mike

Try some sleepy time tea. Someone said that it worked well for them: steep 4 teabags in two cups of water. You might up your xanax to the .5 to sleep, just for a few days. I don't like the stuff because it is a bear to come off of. Make sure you stay hydrated: gatorade, water, pure fruit juices. Hot bath, sleepy time tea, try it. You are going to get this thing, if you can get some exercise that's the quickest way to get your body functioning normally again and your brain actually producing natural endorphines, etc that the oxy took away.

Peace and I wish you well sleeping! You've got this, just hang tough!

Iloerose

Thanks for the info, someone told me to try melatonin and Xanax and itll knock me right out. I was up till 330am until i feel asleep and woke up at 7am. Im on day 3 now and to be honest I dont feel terrible. I just feel a lack of energy and the willingness to not to anything, also it's impossible to get comfortable.

I usually hit hot bathes twice a day, they help SO much. I also take a shower sometimes if i dont want to take another bath that day but those work the best.

Also have a question...for anyone who might know about this my friend recently detoxed from Oxy also a few weeks ago and on the 7th day he took a OP60. I just wanted to know if that would bring him back to day 1 of his W/d bc that's the last thing he wants. Anyways let me know and ill tell him the deal.

PS Only reason he did it was bc someone told him that it was okay to take a pill after day 5-6 recreationally but not abuse it like everyday use as he did.

MikE

No, he won't go back to day 1 of his w/d, however this is typical addict behavior. you start with one and the next thing you know it won't be just one. I want you to look at all the relapses on this board. If addicts could take just one, we'd be happy campers, but we can't: we try to fool ourselves that we can and that we can control our use, but we can't and that's final. I've been on these boards so many years and have seen the same thing over and over again: There are at least 3 or 4 people on need to talk whose threads you should read on that subject: Dago, Winged Eagle, nomoreoxy. All are relapsers. One is too many and 1000 aren't enough. Weekend users many times end up using everyday. It is not possible for a recreational addict to be satisfied with once a week: addiction is insidious and you cannot control it without an unbeatable will to do so. I'm a relapser in the way that your friend is, no more than 30mg., no more than 1 every so often <sigh> Trust me: it doesn't work that way.

Peace,

Iloerose

Yea, I tried to tell him but its up to him what he wants to do so far that OC was the last one he took a few days ago and hasn't again.

Also I forgot to mention he was only on Day 5 of his detox not 7. I put that by accident. But Day 5 is enough to have detoxed from everything anyways im assuming, as he took the OC and in the morning felt fine. No forms of W/d

Even if he used for 5-6 days straight would he go back to full blown w/d or just the slight of it. Im trying to find out as much info as I can to help him. He's only on day 5 of his detox and was doing good but then he took the OC60 on the 5th day ( 2 days ago ) and hasn't taken it again yet. So im def going to tell him to look into this forum your very very helpful & i thank you for that.

For him to relapse he would have to start using everyday or every other day correct?

Im currently on Day 4 of mine and I feel okay. Probably wont feel back to myself until Day 9 or 10 but who knows. I've been swimming & stuff too

MIKE
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-08-2013 at 11:41 AM.

I also forgot to mention he was using the OC for 4 days straight & has stopped and wasn't experiencing any W/D symptoms. He was on a 150mg a day for around a year would the W/D go back to exactly how bad they were just from those 4 days? Sorry for the questions your just very helpful in my friend & I situation.

Thanks,
    MIKE

If he was on that level of OC again he would go right back into full blown w/d. Some say it gets worse. Even after 4 or 5 days, the danger isn't so much the w/d, it's that you CAN'T STOP. Addiction is like playing chicken with a train. Read ARTIST658's posts. She is a full time counselor. Of course you can't tell an addict anything: they have to want to stop more than anything in the world: I've seen people here who have lost homes, jobs and I mean good jobs, wives, kids, until they finally hit rock bottom. You have to ask yourself if you're willing to give up your job, gf, wife, life's dreams, home, to get high for a pill. Getting clean is easy, staying that way is hard, hard, hard, hard. It's so difficult to put into words what addiction does. Fooling with oxy's are no good way to live: they make you feel like the king of the world and that you can do anything, until they don't and you're grabbin' and sweatin' and looking for money to buy them off the street. It takes awhile, but there is NO MAGIC PILL. Want to read something real sad about addiction? Check out the need to talk page. There is a woman whose son is into >>>>>> and she is not about to like what I'll tell her. But it is brutal fact.
    If your friend wants to keep flirting with the fact of using, not much you can do, all you can do is change yourself. You'll have to be forever vigilant, and I do mean forever because cravings do sneak up on you.

Peace,

Iloerose

Whatever you do, keep going forward and doing the next right thing!!!

BookishBG is offline New Member

I think that your friend is trying to find a way to justify using. I've been there. He needs to come to a place where the goal is no longer just avoiding the w/d, but to actually be clean. I detoxed for the 3rd or 4th time recently and each time I went back (and taking just one is a relapse, you don't have to start back daily or go through w/d for it to be a relapse), it was b/c I thought I had gained control and could handle occasional use... Either just for fun or b/c I was genuinely in pain. And every single time, without fail, before long... I was using daily again. Might not have been after the first pill. But before long. I would try to remind ur friend of the true goal. No reason to detox more than once. It's awful. Lets learn from everyone's mistakes. Best of luck to you and your friend.
    iloerose likes this.

Mike: BG is absolutely right. Most of us wouldn't even be here if we could do the occasional use thing, with addicts it's always the same thing, before you know it you're right back where you started. Relapse is sometimes part of recovery. However, you get to the point where you can't stand the thought of another day one.
    Hope you're feeling o.k. today and got some sleep. Hang Tough.

Peace,

Iloerose