Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Ricky71
  • 1 Post By Ertasd
  • 1 Post By Catrina
My withdrawal story & current state
    Ertasd is offline New Member

Default My withdrawal story & current state

Hello all, I am now on day 8 on my withdrawal process.

This all started because I had to drive to my home country Norway which have "alcohol-blood-content-rate" (Must NOT exceed 0.02%) for ANY drugs UNLESS you take them regularly on a daily basis told by your doctor (I should only be using my opiates when I need them so I dont fall under this category / safe-zone for driving under medicine in Norway). They do have this device in every cop car that they test everyone they feel like to pull over for testing (Its not like in the US where they need a reason to pull you over)

Ok, so I drove off 16 hours after the last pill assuming that most of it was out of the system before I reached the border of "Strict->>>>ing hell-land" and started to get a real bad withdrawal feeling as I crossed the border.

I arrived to the hotel, in a pretty >>>>ed up shape and started to vomit and all that >>>>, for 2 days! Then on the 3rd day, the diarrhea started (I quickly solved that with some immodium), on the 4th day I started to get ALOT better, except for the very lack of energy, which in fact, increased again the day after.... However I haven't slept for 3 nights now and Im starting getting worried (Yes I drove home for over 6 hours with no sleep for 48 hours)

Yesterday when I got home (believe it or not) I threw ALL the oxys in the toilet except for 1..... And I am now SOOO tempted to take it just to get some sleep since I guess the reason for my lack of sleep is opiate (Post withdrawal?).

Will the whole Withdrawal process restart if I take that 1 pill just to get some sleep tonight???

THANKS ALOT FOR EVERY ANSWER!

Norway is in fact the FIRST country in the world with this "medicine limit":

Look here: https://www.regjeringen.no/contentas...joring_net.pdf

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ertasd View Post
    Hello all, I am now on day 8 on my withdrawal process.

This all started because I had to drive to my home country Norway which have "alcohol-blood-content-rate" (Must NOT exceed 0.02%) for ANY drugs UNLESS you take them regularly on a daily basis told by your doctor (I should only be using my opiates when I need them so I dont fall under this category / safe-zone for driving under medicine in Norway). They do have this device in every cop car that they test everyone they feel like to pull over for testing (Its not like in the US where they need a reason to pull you over)

Ok, so I drove off 16 hours after the last pill assuming that most of it was out of the system before I reached the border of "Strict->>>>ing hell-land" and started to get a real bad withdrawal feeling as I crossed the border.

I arrived to the hotel, in a pretty >>>>ed up shape and started to vomit and all that >>>>, for 2 days! Then on the 3rd day, the diarrhea started (I quickly solved that with some immodium), on the 4th day I started to get ALOT better, except for the very lack of energy, which in fact, increased again the day after.... However I haven't slept for 3 nights now and Im starting getting worried (Yes I drove home for over 6 hours with no sleep for 48 hours)

Yesterday when I got home (believe it or not) I threw ALL the oxys in the toilet except for 1..... And I am now SOOO tempted to take it just to get some sleep since I guess the reason for my lack of sleep is opiate (Post withdrawal?).

Will the whole Withdrawal process restart if I take that 1 pill just to get some sleep tonight???

THANKS ALOT FOR EVERY ANSWER!
    You never mentioned exactly what you you were taking, how much per day and for how long?

To answer your question, no, your whole withdrawal process will not restart but taking that one pill may trigger some additional and unnecessary cravings! If you are committed to getting off oxy for good then flush that last pill as well! Recovery is a slow process, energy and sleep are the last things to return after opiate detox. If you're 8 days clean then sleep should be starting to improve very shortly? Start getting some exercise as soon as you can, this will help tremendously! Hang in there and congrats on your decision to get off the pain meds! Best of luck to you... God bless us all!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-23-2017 at 12:36 PM.

Thanks alot for the reply! It really helps psychologically. I did About 160mg Oxycontin a day for 8 months, the one I have left is a 40mg
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-23-2017 at 02:11 PM.
    Sharon541979 likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Welcome and Congratulations!

Your acute withdrawal is now behind you after 8 days of not taking anything. It takes three or four days for these short acting opiates to clear your system and by then you would test negative for opiates. However, the intense symptoms hang around for usually 5 or 6 days. What remains for a time after that is inability to sleep, lethargy, diarrhea, chills/hot and perhaps some anxiety/cravings. It sounds like this is exactly where you are so you are on the typical timeline. These symptoms will resolve more gradually with sleep probably being the last to return to what will be acceptable to you. It always amazed me too that I was able to go days and days on end either without any sleep or on what I would have considered a good night just an hour or two. I really thought that at some point I would have to crash because it has to be impossible to go that long without sleep. Nope. It was also amazing to me that although I lacked energy and I was weak-kneed, I wasn't sleepy.

There are some things that you can try that might help you get some sleep. If you haven't tried them yet, get some Melatonin and some Sleepy Time Tea. Both are found easily at most any grocery store, pharmacy, Walmart or GNC in the vitamin aisle. Some people report that these do help to induce sleep but they didn't do much for me except to relax me some and I did welcome that! Brew the tea until it's good and strong and use it to wash down a Melatonin capsule. If the Melatonin is going to work for you, one will do it. If one doesn't help, neither will two of them, Either they will help or they won't and taking more than what the label instructs you won't do any good.

Hang in there. I know that this is exhausting and the frustration of not being able to get at least a little escape by getting some sleep does wear on us. In fact, at least for me, the inability to sleep was most often the cause of my relapses. Just like you, I'd become so desperate that I'd take what I believed would only be one pill but inevitably that one pill would send me back to it. With true addict thinking, after I took that one pill, I'd tell myself that I had already messed up that day so I may a well take advantage of it, take pills the remainder of the day telling myself that I'd get back on track the next day. Except that I wouldn't get back on track. "Just one more day" that would turn into months or even years.

What you're going through isn't dangerous but you should just be cautious with driving or doing other things that demand that you be alert. I would strongly urge you to get rid of that last pill that you have left. It is a threat to your continued sobriety. Just like I described above, not being able to sleep can make us desperate and if you have a pill available, at some point you probably won't be able to resist taking it. Throw it in the toilet and bid it a fond farewell.

Peace,

Cat
    Sharon541979 likes this.