Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By keepthechange11
  • 1 Post By silverlining1
  • 1 Post By Scudward
Need Help Quick Oxy Taper
    wandme is offline New Member

Default Need Help Quick Oxy Taper

Hello, I have been taking around 7 oxy 30's per day, every day for a while now. It started about 4 years ago with a 7.5 hydro, and increased slowly from there and probably for the past 3 months, I've been up to 45mg every 4 hours or so, 4-5x a day. During this time, it has nearly cost me my marriage and I'm on the brink of losing my business. I have to stop. I was thinking of getting on Subs, but I'd rather just be done. I want to taper off with the least amount of withdrawal symptoms with what I have. Here's my problem... I only have 10 30mg pills left. I also have access to a few 10mg hydros, but not much. How can I make these last the longest without feeling too much of the withdrawals? Can this be done? I have to continue to run my business, which is open every day, and take care of my daughter. Please if anyone has some advice, I'd appreciate it so much. Thank you!!

silverlining1 is offline Senior Member

Hey, wandme.....

I know how you feel. The money, the business.....all of it. And, if you are nasally ingesting the oxy 30's....well, you know. Suboxone, in the short term could work for you. But, ct will have less drawn out symptoms, in my opinion. Do you have to work through this?

Bottom line....I could never taper.....always would do anything around for the moment, thinking I could kick it tomorrow.

I know the expense...those little blue suckers are expensive these days!!! Keep posting, someone will get on that has tapered, or able to help. I can only give my experience.

Hang tough!

Thanks so much for replying, silverlining! I have not been nasally ingesting them, never have. Only taking them orally. I have been considering quitting now for some time, and even posted on here about how I was ready, but instead I continued to use, and when I look back at my posts back then, I was only taking 35mg of hydro 3x a day. I thought I had it so bad and would never be able to quit. I wish I would have just done it then, before almost losing my business & my husband. I was very careful with the hydros because I was terrified of the atap, but once I started on oxy, honestly not all that long ago, things have spiraled out of control and I'm spending up to $7000 a month on these things... Close to $80,000 a year. My husband and I got a $70,000 check back in April and we are down to $9,000 in our account, not to mention that our business brings in around $200,000 a year in sales and we have less than $1000 in our business account and are behind on taxes, rent, all utilities, can't buy new inventory, can barely cover payroll, etc... I cannot believe I have done this to myself. Anyway, continuing is just not an option. Not only can I not afford it, I am scared that it is going to kill me and him both. He's still on hydro, but taking ridiculous amounts. I am so scared for his liver and kidneys.

Anyway, I just thought maybe if I post my whole story, someone will see that I am not playing around... I really am going to stop and I need some help. I need support... Someone to tell me that it is going to be okay and this can be done at such a high dose... And I need someone to tell me how to do it.

I do have a full staff at my business, and can take some time off from psychically, but I will still have to do the behind the scenes stuff from home and take care of my daughter. She's at the age where she can do a lot for herself, so I am lucky there... I just don't want her to see me really sick. I know how bad that will scare her. I know you're right about tapering... I don't think I can do it. I continue to take my normal dose, thinking that I can start the taper later. But I feel like God is telling me that it's my time to stop; I have been really feeling like this needs to be the end, so I called to schedule an appointment with a suboxone doctor. The earliest they had was Wednesday. So I called my dealer to get enough to last me until then, because I am running low and he said he can't get any until Wednesday. This has never been a problem before, so I feel like God is telling me to just get on with it. That's also why I was considering a fast taper. Knowing that I cannot get anymore, I'm going to have to just quit now or I can lower the dose quickly before I get on suboxone, or I can lower the dose then quit cold turkey. I know I don't want to be stuck on suboxone either. So if suboxone is the best route, which I'm thinking that it is for me, I will need someone to tell me what to start based on my current habit, and where to go from there to ensure I do not get addicted to suboxone and can only use it short term. From what I've heard on here, the doctors will prescribe more than really needed and keep you on them for a long time. When I spoke to them on the phone, I was told the soonest they would even think about taking me off is 9 months.

Any help from someone that has been through this would be greatly appreciated... I have to stop now, but I'm so scared.

keepthechange11 is offline Junior Member

Hi there,
    If you have some extra time, check out all the sub threads on this page. You'll find that, for the most part, people end up just as addicted without any intentions and then have an even worse time getting off of those! I would definitely go CT if you can manage a good 5-7 days of low activity. If you're dropping 70 grand per year, CT is going to be your best route. Subs are not cheap and their WD symptoms make narcotic WD look like a cake walk.
    I'm on Day 6 of going CT after several years of daily oxycodone use. It hasn't been as awful as I anticipated but I'm defniitely exhausted and zero energy. I planned for this week to be low key, made plans for the kids for the first few days and told them to expect me to not be feeling very well.
    It's hard to say what your taper should be, as everyone is diferent. You should definitely expect to be in some form of WD throughout the taper. It's not meant to be easy or pain free. Try cutting the dose in half for 2-3 days, then in half again for 2-3 days and jump from there. It's a quick taper but it will get you to D-Day a lot sooner!!
    wandme likes this.

silverlining1 is offline Senior Member

Hey, wandme...

check out this thread.....he used a very short term sub taper.....and from what I've heard....both rbr and fcgaels are still clean after this thread.....about 4 years....good luck.....and please determine to stop now....my best friend went through her entire retirement money buying oxy's....ruined her health and still can't get it......NOW is the time....you have to do this.....and please don't be scared.....you won't die.....a few days of discomfort to gain your life and business back is well worth it.

Catherine, on the forum, states she had norovirus, and it was worse than her withdrawals, and she went cold turkey....and she was 69 when she quit.....she is a great example of overcoming this addiction.

Post often and you will get support......following is the thread about the short term sub detox...

https://www.drugs.com/forum/need-tal...tox-57943.html

Hang tough!
    wandme likes this.

Scudward is offline New Member

do not get on the subs.. i was in your same situation for over 12 years tried both and the subs were horrible..i'm now 2 years clean and feel great so if need any advice let me know..i went the ct route and made it !!
    wandme likes this.

I tried to test out what to expect from withdrawals today. I feel it was a huge mistake. Although this is nothing in the big picture, but it's really big for me... I went 16 hours with nothing at all. I didnt feel all that awful until the end. I had some very minor stomach issues and probably just from anxiety I couldn't sleep very well, then I had chills, runny nose, and lots of yawning. But the worst part for me was just feeling completely icky. I don't know how to explain it except my skin just didn't feel right on me. It was the most irritating thing. And last thing was I was so very hungry, but could not eat anything. So I decided to take a partial dose.. It didnt do much. I still felt really bad all day until the past hour or so when I took my 3rd dose. This is it for today. That's still good for me, since I'm used to dosing 4-5 times a day. For the past few days I've been doing 3 instead and taking a little less than normal when I do take some. The reason I was it was a mistake to try it out first is that tomorrow is supposed to be the big day, but now I'm scared. If I know made it 16 hours and was maybe a 10 on the COWS sheet, I'm starting to doubt I can make it 24 hours or to a 26. Any suggestions? How bad is getting to a 26?

Scudward- I think the sub route really is the best way for me. BUT I am not going on them with the intention of staying on for any length of time. I am going to use Randy's taper plan right from the beginning. There's no way I'm letting myself stay on those things. But I know they will help me not cave through my detox. I do appreciate your advice so much, and trust me... I will take heed of your warnings. I will not allow myself to get addicted to subs. No way, no how.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-24-2015 at 01:50 AM.

Hadenough80 is offline Banned

Hi,
    Do you have a week you can take off work?? I was orally taking 60 mg OxyContin 3 times daily, plus anything else I could find from coworkers or friends. I took my last dose on a Sunday, I went to work on Monday but took the rest of the week off except having to be there on day 4, the first 8 days were pure hell!!! No sleep, sweats and chills, couldn't eat, and didn't hardly sleep a bit....my legs were running a marathon at night while I was trying to get a lil sleep, my legs won that battle every time!! Bad week!!! I went to gnc and got a 7 day flush kit and got multivitamins, potassium, b complex, b-12, l-tyrosine,l-glutamine, l-methionine, and more but I'll have to look to see what else.....I'm on day 12 right now and my mind hasn't been this clear in years!!!! I'm still a lil green around the gills but the only thing I'm lacking is energy and motivation, when I start to feel down I try to do something to keep my mind occupied! You have to want to quit, I was in good spirits until about day 5 and felt like it wasn't going to work, and felt completely insane from not sleeping from night 2 to night 8, but with some melatonin and Tylenol pm I have slept the last 3 nights and it made a huge difference in my body feeling better to my head being ready to take on the last bit of wd's! Bottom line is I couldn't quit by the taper method, my dr gave me 40 mg oxy's and I took more than what I should've, but after a week of that and me taking way to many on that Saturday, I woke up Sunday took my regular dose to be normal in front of my kids and dumped the rest of my pills out on Sunday! Haven't had a single one since! You can do it, you just have to want to!!

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by wandme View Post
    Scudward- I think the sub route really is the best way for me. BUT I am not going on them with the intention of staying on for any length of time. I am going to use Randy's taper plan right from the beginning. There's no way I'm letting myself stay on those things. But I know they will help me not cave through my detox. I do appreciate your advice so much, and trust me... I will take heed of your warnings. I will not allow myself to get addicted to subs. No way, no how.

Hey Wandme. I've said this many times before, but those that report problems with sub use are almost always for one or more of the following reasons….

1. On too high of a dose.
    2. On too low of a dose.
    3. On subs way too long.
    4. Not on long enough.
    5. Tapering too fast.
    6. Reducing by too many mgs.
    7. Taking sub "as needed" instead of steadily.
    8. Jumping from too high a dose.
    9. Improper induction.

Those are usually the reasons for the horror stories we read. If the sub therapy plan used here is followed closely then nearly everyone has a painless experience. If you induct properly, remain on subs a short time then perform the taper process according to the plan, the final jump will be successful.

Randy