Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jules91
Need Help and Support - Want addiction to stop
    Ng7575 is offline New Member

Default Need Help and Support - Want addiction to stop

I don't even know where to start. My wife and I went thru a bad break-up a couple of years ago, and we have since gotten back together. Somewhere in the madness of that horrible ordeal we started abusing oxys. She has a script, but each month it turns into us spending all the money we have on getting more and more.

Well I have had enough. She is staying within her script, and I need to find a way to stop. I have tried cold turkey, with subs in the past, and the temptation to come back is always stronger than anything else. Well not now, I am done, I want to be done, but I don't know how to get thru the withdrawals. Any advise on where I should start. I don't have much support here, so anything would be grateful.

Jules91 is offline Junior Member

First of all congratulations on making the first step in getting clean!! There is a great thread called the Thomas recipe. It will give you lots of great tips on how to get thru wd's. I'm on day 15 being clean and the first few days are definitely the worst.
    Being around someone who is still using or having access to pills is going to be extra difficult. You're going to have to have extra will power in that situation.
    There are so many amazing people on this site to offer help and support.
    We are all going thru the same thing as you maybe a little different but fighting the same beast!!! If there is one thing I can tell you is remember how much you hate spending that money and worrying about how and when you're going to get those pills again. Your mind set of being fed up and done with this horrible way of life will help you when you're feeling you want to use again.
    A few days of misery will be worth getting your life back!! Stay strong and definitely read about the Thomas recipe. It will help you so much.
    Keep posting on here and reading others posts and stories. Hopefully you will find the help and encouragement you're looking for, I did. If I can do it so can you.
    Jules
    Thisweekforsure likes this.

Thank you Jules for the kind words and support. Its what I need the most. I have a question for you. I cant find any benzos, but have everything else for the Thomas recipe. Can you suggest what would be the best to possibly substitute that part?

My goal is to take my last pill this evening, and start this rodeo. I wonder how long this will last??

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

If it were me I wouldn't take the benzo anyway. I might try herbal supplements like Kava or Valerian. NO Kratum however.

Jules91 is offline Junior Member

I didn't take any benzos myself. I tried Benadryl, melatonin and over the counter sleep aids. They all seemed to make my entire body twitch like crazy. It was like I had rls through my entire body. Don't let that scare you though everybody is different.
    I'm on day 16 today and it's the first day I am feeling like a normal person. Some people feel better sooner some longer it all depends on the person. I have faith that you can do this!!
    Put your mind to it and don't give up!!! The first few days are the worst like you have the flu with diarrhea. As hard as it is drink as much fluid as you can hold down and REST!!!! Your body is going through so many changes it needs you to be kind to it.
    I also suggest talking to your girlfriend and make sure her pills are out of your reach. Maybe a lock box. I know if I were in your situation how easy it would be to say one more will be ok..... It won't be!!! You'll be right back at day 1. If I can do this you can too, trust me. Make up your mind and stick to it my friend.
    Read posts on here until you go cross eyed and post every minute if you feel like it will help. There are tons of super awesome peeps on here to help or to just vent to. Even if it's not about pills!!! We're all human and are all fighting the same battle.
    I'm so proud of you for doing this. You have made the most important step in realizing you have a problem and want to fix it. The rest is going to be a little difficult but don't give in.
    I'm on here a lot if you need to chat!!!!
    Jules

Well im on hour 45, and i have to say its been tough. So much emotion, and loneliness. I couldnt sleep last night, this is tuff

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

You still doing ok?

Thank you for reaching out. I gave up on this. Ya, OK is the way to describe it. I am on day 5 I think, having to work and concentrate on anything substantial has been hard. Very bad anxiety, nervous all the time...

iamx is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ng7575 View Post
    Thank you for reaching out. I gave up on this. Ya, OK is the way to describe it. I am on day 5 I think, having to work and concentrate on anything substantial has been hard. Very bad anxiety, nervous all the time...
    Hey! Hang in there. I'm on day 12 cold turkey from oxyneo, I was on 60 mg twice a day and tapered down to 10 mg twice a day and just stopped. It's true, the first week is hell and it's not easy. But definitely follow the Thomas recipe. I drank tons of fluids like coconut water, lemon water, Powerade, and calming tea with herbs like chamomile, lavender and valerian in it. I also add fresh ginger slices for the nausea. Imodium is a life saver!!!! Pushing yourself to get out for a walk is important. You actually feel calmer getting outside and focusing on the breeze, the sun, naming. Ive been writing in a journal. It's so hard to concentrate and sometimes I find myself just sitting there by myself moping. But you have to keep going and I've been getting an average of 5 hours of sleep a night for the past 3 weeks, it sucks but I know it will slowly get better, for you too. I've had bouts of alertness, being foggy minded, crying, laughing, the mind is a roller coaster. I've been on 5 mg twice daily of Valium which I will soon taper off of which makes sense because I was switched on to it for the withdrawal after being on clonazepam for just under 4 years (you have to switch to Valium when tapering off a clonazepam). I'm ranting sorry.
    Anyways. The past few days I've had very bad anxiety attacks and ended up going to the hospital because of it today. Couldn't get my heartbeat to slow down. She told me it was probably other stresses in my life adding onto the withdrawal and she was right. Because an hour after I got to the hospital my heart rate deceased significantly. She set me up with a counsellor and I think that talking to someone one on one is a really good idea.

Don't give up. I know it's unbearable, and I am still dealing with a lot of symptoms, but not as bad as the first week. Take hot baths for the restless legs, massage your legs, a heating pad (wish I had one!!). Motrin helps sometimes I found. If you can't eat don't worry, figure out what you can stomach though. For me it's chicken soup, Ensure, caffeine free fluids, bananas, yogurt...

Benadryl can help you sleep and with goose flesh. Or try melatonin, or an over the counter sleep aid. Find things that relax you. And about your wife, you have to be really strong in that situation. She will see the hell you are going through and your determination to have your life back, and see you slowly but surely improve, and maybe she will follow the same path. Consider seeking out an addiction counsellor reaching out to a close friend. I am actually looking forward to venting to someone who is an expert in this stuff.

Keep checking in. It will make you feel good to know you are not alone in this. I have spent hours reading others posts and seeing how they made it. Much love!

iamx is offline Member

6 minutes allotted....I was going to say, Thisweekforsure is right. Avoid a benzo unless absolutely neccessaryto calm the anxiety and maybe help you sleep but it is only recommended to take for 2-4 weeks MAX. I'm killing two birds with one stone with the Valium though. Remember, fluids fluids fluids! Flush your system! Keep your muscles hydrated. And I made a typo, "naming" was meant to be "anything." Wow I typed a lot! LOL!

iamx is offline Member

You okay? Check in with us we are here to encourage and support you because we know what you're going through! Hope you are doing well...