Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By wishthiswasover
  • 1 Post By SetMeFree
New here...need advice, help and support please...
    wishthiswasover is offline New Member

Default New here...need advice, help and support please...

I posted this someplace else but I think it was the wrong spot so I'm posting here as well as I really do need help so need this post read....

'm terrified. Terrified of quitting my love affair with percocets and terrified of continuing them. Been taking them since 2006. This last yr or so, I've been taking btwn 2 and 3 percs about 5-7 times a day, give or take a dose. I have enough to get me through three days and would rather not get more but can if I'll need more to taper down so the wd's arent so bad. I buy them from the street and can't get a script. I've only ever gone 16 hours without and the restless legs made me want to cut them off.....BUT......

It's time to stop. Give it to me straight, how bad is it gonna be? Can't go to the Dr.s for help. I'd like to taper off but I'm not sure how or if I can. IIs going cold turkey on this amount dangerous?

My family and friends have no idea I'm in trouble and the only way I'll get their help is if they think I have the flu while I'm withdrawing. I have sml children and my ex has threatened to expose me and take my kids but even he doesn't know how many I take now.

Any advice on how to start?

I've heard there's a few things I'll need, lots of water, imodium, vitamins etc. I'm almost as afraid of quitting as I am to continue taking them.

Any help is greatly appreciated....xx
    SetMeFree likes this.

SetMeFree is offline Member

I quit cold turkey just over 4 days ago, and that was during finals week. I used most of the items you listed (multi-vitimin, lots of water, ammonium) to get me this far, and I'm not giving up yet. The worst part so far has been the restless legs, but I've been taking hylands restful leg for that. You can find it at walmart or most pharmacies if you don't have any.

There's no danger in doing it cold turkey, and it get's it over with much quicker. It really isn't that bad, and it's totally worth getting your life back. There's no better time than the present.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-18-2013 at 02:29 AM.
    Maria089 likes this.

Backnforth is offline Member

Here here Setmefree. Hang in there strong! Have you added exercise yet??

Quote Originally Posted by Backnforth View Post
    Here here Setmefree. Hang in there strong! Have you added exercise yet??
    Yeah I have gone for a couple of walks. Even went to the beach on day 2.

wishthiswasover is offline New Member

I woke up this morning and just couldn't NOT take anything. Damn addiction. I decided on taking 1 1/2 but now wish I hadn't broken the full tab. When I take more later, I'm not going to break them. That might help them to last longer in my system so I won't physically need as many. My plan is to hold off as long as I can in btwn doses....

Thx for the advice...

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

I've been where you are many, many, times. If I had them I would take them. Never could taper and couldn't turn my back on the stuff if it was there. You will always need it physically, always be an excuse to use: I'm going to not break them, I'm going to break them, I'm going to go longer in between doses. You are going to have to want to do this more than life itself. When you get to that point that being sober is more important to you than the drugs, you will quit. Does w/d suck? Yup. But we didn't get here overnight and are not going to get better overnight. If you can taper, good for you, but it doesn't necessarily mean you won't experience any w/d symptoms. How many mg. were you taking per day?

I'm sorry to sound so gloomy, but you need to be honest with yourself. I KNOW HOW SCARED YOU ARE. However you decide to quit do it. Hang Tough. Post here, you already have some pretty good support here and this is an excellent board to reach out on. I wish you all the luck in the world!

Peace,

Iloeorose

Like I said in most post, I went cold turkey while using a much higher dose this week, which was FINALS at college. I it wasn't easy, but I made it to each final, went for a few walks, and even treated myself to a massage on the way home from class one day. I'm in no way trying to brag, I just hate to see you draw out your pain and suffering when you could just flush those stupid pills and get clean once and for all!

paige96 is offline Junior Member

I have a soma can I take it after taking a 2mg this morning at 9 and it's 8pm.now