Norco - 4 year addiction
    user13579 is offline New Member

Default Norco - 4 year addiction

Hello,

I started taking Norco in Nov, 2011, due to a fractured vertebrae, that eventually ended up with a spinal fusion in 2012, another fusion in 2014, along with a rotator cuff repair/biceps tenodesis in 12/2014. For the better part of 4 years, I have been up to 120mg/day of Norco.

I have a really hard time managing my Rx, as the Rx is for no more than 80mg/day, but that is not enough, so the latter part of the month I am scrambling, taking less due to my overindulgence at the beginning of the month. Every month I scrape by to get to that next Rx, and during that time, the pain is obviously much worse. It is a terrible cycle. My wife does not know to what degree I take these meds, so she is not someone who I could rely on to help ration the pills.

I'm to the point to where I know I need to get off of these things (have been for a while), but it's really scary. I've run out a few times for a day or two, and the w/d symptoms are absolutely hell (I'm sure this isn't lost on most people here).

I am a small business owner who works 60+ hours/week, with a wife and 2 kids. I am not able to lie in bed for 5 days to detox. This is one of the reasons why I continue to push off getting clean. I will lose my entire company if I can't work for a week. Honestly, if this weren't the case, I would probably just go to a rehab facility.

I've heard of the Thomas Recipe and have the ingredients, including the benzos, although I was not able to find phosphorus. I know that phosphorus is in many things (a lot of them bad for you), but has anyone found a multivitamin that has everything that Thomas recommends. His post makes it sound rather easy to find that multi-vitamin, but I honestly don't think it exists.

I heard high amounts of loperamide can assist with withdrawal symptoms (note: I know this is debatable and a point of frustration, so please do not post until you have something constructive to say). I get yelled enough already by my wife, I don't need to be yelled at by the internet.

Looking for any constructive comments, ideas, or encouragement.

Thanks!

Well, I took my last dose yesterday morning. Been clean for all of 29 hours. It's starting to get really tough. When is the worst time after going cold turkey?

broker7 is offline New Member

Ive been off and on them sense 2012 myself and The worst of the detox depends on which symptom you hate most. For me it's the leg pain and that'll be extreme for 72-96 hours it all depends on how your body is responding to the imbalance. Please reply with your symptom you need gone most I can give you more specific assistance

Well, I'm at 48 hours without a pill. Last night was miserable with the restless legs. I had to keep taking Klonopin and eating a bunch of bananas to stay asleep more than 30 minutes. feeliing despressed, unmotivated, super irritable, and sweaty this morning.

72 hours clean. I'm starting to feel like a person again, although the sleep last night was tough and I slept most of the day. Started taking the Tyrosine yesterday, not sure if that helped. Actually went for a run yesterday! I found that listening to music that takes you back to a good time in your life made things better.

Sunshine1112 is offline Advanced Member

User please keep going you are now starting to come out of the wds and finally kicking the pills out of your life. You are so correct music and exercise can be huge helps gettkng thru this. Stay strong and just take it one day at a time. The physical should be letting up and I hope teh energy and sleep returns.

Hi Everyone,

I had a relapse and was taking the pills again until Saturday afternoon. Gone c/t since then, the last 3 days have been TOUGH. However, the biggest issue on my fourth/fifth days is sheer exhaustion. I have a full time job and cannot even keep my eyes open. Have been napping throughout the previous 3 days, although the RLS wakes me up a lot. Right now, I just need to figure a way to stay awake. Any suggestions?

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by user13579 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I had a relapse and was taking the pills again until Saturday afternoon. Gone c/t since then, the last 3 days have been TOUGH. However, the biggest issue on my fourth/fifth days is sheer exhaustion. I have a full time job and cannot even keep my eyes open. Have been napping throughout the previous 3 days, although the RLS wakes me up a lot. Right now, I just need to figure a way to stay awake. Any suggestions?

Hey there. You might try some L-Tyrosine to give you some energy during the day. It has been known to help those suffering from lack of energy. It usually comes in 500mg capsules and you can take up to 2000mgs per day. It has been known to make some people jittery like too much caffeine would so try 1 first then 2, etc. Make sure it has the vitamin B^ already in it and if it does;t puechase some to take along with it. The B6 helps your body better absorb the L-Tyrosine thus work better.

You could also take some vitamin B12 as that does help provide a little extra motivation. You can take both together if one or the other isn't helping much.

Also get lots of protein in you daily diet. Eat foods rich in protein and/or but or make some protein shakes yourself. I make one each morning before going to work and it definitely provides me with plenty of energy. I use spinach leaves, kale, or power greens, frozen and natural fruits and veggies in my skakes along with some real good protein powder you can get most anywhere. I mix it up each day and it sure does work!!! I swear by it.

Great job on having 3, alomst 4 days clean!!! That is AWESOME!!!! You shouyld be now past the worst od it and everyday now will be better than the previous one. Now is the time to kick into high gear taking things one day at a time. Have you considred some face to face support such as NA or AA meetings? They can and will make all the difference in KEEPING you clean long term. They saved my life. If you're not going I hope you give it an honest chance. You may be surprised!

Randy

Thanks Randy. I will try some of those things. Was SO tired yesterday and today isn't starting off much better. I'm hoping when I get through the weekend, I will be feeling better.

Drivingfasterr is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by user13579 View Post
    Hello,

I started taking Norco in Nov, 2011, due to a fractured vertebrae, that eventually ended up with a spinal fusion in 2012, another fusion in 2014, along with a rotator cuff repair/biceps tenodesis in 12/2014. For the better part of 4 years, I have been up to 120mg/day of Norco.

I have a really hard time managing my Rx, as the Rx is for no more than 80mg/day, but that is not enough, so the latter part of the month I am scrambling, taking less due to my overindulgence at the beginning of the month. Every month I scrape by to get to that next Rx, and during that time, the pain is obviously much worse. It is a terrible cycle. My wife does not know to what degree I take these meds, so she is not someone who I could rely on to help ration the pills.

I'm to the point to where I know I need to get off of these things (have been for a while), but it's really scary. I've run out a few times for a day or two, and the w/d symptoms are absolutely hell (I'm sure this isn't lost on most people here).

I am a small business owner who works 60+ hours/week, with a wife and 2 kids. I am not able to lie in bed for 5 days to detox. This is one of the reasons why I continue to push off getting clean. I will lose my entire company if I can't work for a week. Honestly, if this weren't the case, I would probably just go to a rehab facility.

I've heard of the Thomas Recipe and have the ingredients, including the benzos, although I was not able to find phosphorus. I know that phosphorus is in many things (a lot of them bad for you), but has anyone found a multivitamin that has everything that Thomas recommends. His post makes it sound rather easy to find that multi-vitamin, but I honestly don't think it exists.

I heard high amounts of loperamide can assist with withdrawal symptoms (note: I know this is debatable and a point of frustration, so please do not post until you have something constructive to say). I get yelled enough already by my wife, I don't need to be yelled at by the internet.

Looking for any constructive comments, ideas, or encouragement.

Thanks!
    I may be to late, but if not - I been there done that.

The Thomas recipe never worked for me.

The best way to get off the stuff and be ok, is with a slow taper. Take a half a pill less each week, till you are down to one a day, then half each day, then every other day. Again this is the best, but takes the most will power.

Loperamide works very well, but you will get constipated. This can be dangerous, so take laxatives. Dose the same amount as you take now, I took it in one shot. So if you are doing 80mg a day, then take 16. Do that for 3 days, then taper down one every other day. At the end you will be tired for a few days, but it gets better as time goes on.

No matter which route you take, you will have to pay a toll.

Kneekicker14 is offline New Member

Default Similar

I was on 120 mg of oxycodone my pain management dr. Weaned me down to fifteen mgs a day I quit seven days ago was real similar to quitting smoking what sucks is that in sixteen days I am having a disk fusion surgery and I am going to have to do it again.