Norco withdrawal...need support
    Athena2121 is offline New Member

Default Norco withdrawal...need support

Hi everybody,
    This site has been so helpful and this is my 1st time posting instead of lurking. I was taking 10 10/350s a day and ran out on the 1st. I then found 4 pills and have only had 1.5 a day. My withdrawals started on my 1st day of cutting back and I took my last dose this am. My question is will I go through all of the withdrawals again. I've had the rls, diarrhea, dry heaves, little sleep and today not able to keep anything down. Any help would be appreciated. I can't wait to have these out of my system for good but the wds are horrible!

getwell1026 is offline New Member

Welcome Athena! The path you are taking is the best one as difficult as it may seem.
    Because you still have Norcos in your system, you will probably still feel the withdrawal systems for the next 3 days, heavily that is. And a lot of the physical systems will last for a week.
    When I was detoxing, I came on these forums so I could have reminders that the pain would stop. It feels like it never will, you just want it to be over. But you can do it, take it day by day. Don't think about how many detox days you have left, just focus on the one you are dealing with now. Be patient with yourself.
    I promise you the pain you are experiencing will subside, this is the worst of it. This is as bad as it gets. Once you get through this you can get through anything.

Have you heard of the Thomas Recipe? Your body really needs vitamins during this period. That's a definite must. The first day of withdrawal I didn't take anything I thought I wouldn't need it and it was hell. The vitamins are what gave me that extra strength.

I wish you all the best. Update when you can, we are here to help!
    Much love.

Athena2121 is offline New Member

Thank you for your response! I had a rough night last night but oddly feel a little better today. I forced myself to go outside to read the morning paper even tho I remember nothing I read! I have to be honest because this is why I'm posting, I have put feelers out for some hydro just to taper in a slower manner but never what to start again if the worst is over! I have the supplement elimidrol. I also have a very low dose of klonopin( I think) .5 that I've had for sleep and I actually only took it as needed so I have extra. This is hell and dreading the night
    Thanks again for your response!

getwell1026 is offline New Member

Athena! I am glad you updated us! Thank you for checking in! No need to worry we are not here to judge, just understand and support. How are you today? What are you thinking? Feeling?
    I never really had the self control for tapering. Tapering is definitely better on you physically, but I would always say, "Yeah I'll take less, I'll quit tomorrow". And it never happened. I didn't have to self control the beast was stronger! It took about a month before I finally realized it I was personally ever going to quit I had to do to cold turkey. So I admire your self control.
    Just remember there will be good moments and bad moments, when the worst ones come and you feel the intense overwhelming pain, remind yourself over and over that it will pass.

Remember this is not an event, it's a process.

All my support always!
    -GetWell

Clint31 is offline Junior Member

you are in my prayers. was also on norco and Ive had enough. How long were you on that dosage for, might give us an idea of how close you are to being out of withdrawal. No matter how bad it seems, it will end. Just hang on