• 1 Post By savage22
  • 1 Post By savage22
  • 1 Post By savage22
  • 2 Post By Iluv2smile
  • 1 Post By savage22
  • 1 Post By savage22
Norco Withdrawal - You can do it!!
    savage22 is offline New Member

Default Norco Withdrawal - You can do it!!

So I decided to write this as reading many posts on here have helped me decide to stop my addiction. I am 36 years old, I make good money and my pill addiction has completely controlled my life for the at least the last 2 years. I have hidden it from everyone. I am the only one that knows. I was so tired of it. My wife would ask where all our money was going and I would just deflect and make stories up. It was exhausting. So I finally decided enough was enough. I decided to quit cold turkey and wanted to share this with all of you to hopefully help you make the same decision. On a Sunday, I took the last of what I had (which was about 4 10mg percs) which is not much for me. I started feeling sick that night and sleep was tough. Monday was tough. One of the longest days of my life. I felt sick, my back ached, my legs ached, my head hurt, the cold sweats kicked in and the nasuea and diahrea was tough. I actually got in my car to go get some but turned around. NO! I must get my life back. Obviously I had to call out sick from work. Monday night was tough. I came clean with my wife. It was the hardest thing for me to do. I have been keeping this secret for so long that it was hard for me to even admit to myself let alone someone else. Fortunately, my wife was supportive, which was big. It was so liberating to tell her. It was almost like, ok, now this really is the end. I can't hide it anymore. I tried to go to bed Monday night and slept on and off for a couple hours. Not fun. Tuesday was tough too. I had pretty much all the same symptoms of the day before but the diahrea was more intense. I had no appetite. Nothing sounded good. I hadn't eaten a single thing since Sunday afternoon. Ok, so I decided to take a hot epsom salt bath (something I read on here). Gave me instant relief. I wish I could have stayed in there all day. Then I decided to meditate and I must say it really helped. Most of this is mental. Your brain is just telling you you can feel better if you go get one but then what? Back to square one. I started feeling a little better in the afternoon. Constantly telling myself "you can do this" and "you don't need them". It sounds corny but it really helped. I forced water down and forced myself to go for a mile walk. It helped a lot. I tried to go to be around 10 pm. I go a little bit of sleep but not much. I am now on Wednesday writing this and I feel much better. I forced myself to eat breakfast (fruit and yogurt) and actually don't feel extremely uncomfortable anymore. It does get better yall. It is not that bad. You all have been sick before and that is all it is. Mind over matter. Meditate, keep yourself comfortable and things will look up in no time. I know I have a lot ahead of me now but for once in a long time I have hope to get my life back. I will come back and update tomorrow. Thank all of you on here who already posted. You have really helped me understand what I am going through and understand that once it's over, it's over. Just one will lead back to square one faster than you think.

Ok, It's now Thursday morning. Wednesday was MUCH better than Monday and Tuesday. I still had some stomach issues, some aches and pains, a few small anxiety attacks but nothing that I couldn't handle. I just kept telling my brain it's not that bad, which you know what? It really wasn't. If I was sick like this before pills it wouldn't have even held me back a bit. I was actually able to be a bit comfortable yesterday. I watched an entire movie on the couch. Something I wasn't able to do the days prior due to the extreme uncomfortableness. I couldn't sit still 2 freaking hours!. At lunch time I drove over and got a Jamba Juice. Upset my stomach a little bit but felt very good to get the whole thing down. I went for another walk with the dogs which also felt good because it felt "normal". My wife got home from work and I ate dinner (chicken and rice) and was able to get it all down. I feel great. I can beat this. My mindset right now is I will take some aches and pains and a little insomnia for the REST OF MY LIFE if it means I don't have to take another pill. F*%$ those things!!! They won't control me anymore!!! After dinner I took another epsom salt bath (i highly recommend this. I'm telling you, you won't want to get out. It just feels so great). After that I tried to get some sleep. Uh, yea, didn't work very well. Tossed and turned, mind was running and up by 5:30 am. That's ok though. I can take that. The body is an amazing thing and I know how resilient I am. It will come and when it does it will be glorious I have tried Advil PM and Melatonin. No success yet. I have heard on here Benzos help but I'm not going to do that but to each his own. If it can get you some rest and you won't get addicted to em more power to you, but I here getting off those is even worse! So here I am. Thursday morning, about to eat breakfast. A little sluggish but I'm feeling great. I feel like I've made it. Just remember that I had a really bad habit and it wasn't that bad. It's because I wouldn't let the mind games beat me and I REALLY wanted to stop. You can do it too. I'll keep coming back to update.
    sisjoanna likes this.

It's now Friday. I got a little down yesterday as I didn't see the improvement I was expecting but didn't let it get me too down. I ate something too heavy in the morning and paid for it most of the day. Also, still off work and going stir crazy but it's a catch 22 because the lethargy from my sleep deprivation sucks. It will come though. Epsom salt bath is becoming a daily routine and it's worth it. I have no more urges to go get any. I've come to far and don't want to start this over. I am a little down that I let myself get like this but I can't beat myself up over it. Just keep pushing. Was really hoping I could get a good sleep but it didn't happen. It's Friday and I decided to go to the office to at least get through my emails. I feel better today. I am tired but feel like I'm ready to start facing the world again. Had a fruit bowl for breakfast. Much better than yesterday. I'm also quite excited looking at my bank account. I have saved so much from being off them for just 5 days. Wonderful but a little pathetic. Please listen to me when I tell you you can do this. You just need to be mentally ready and strong. No more excuses!!!

It's now Saturday. Friday was good. I'm definitely starting to feel normal again. Still have little aches and pains but that's about it. I went to work in the morning, ran to the grocery store and even ran a few errands at night. You know, normal stuff. I keep hoping for sleep and keep being disappointed though. I went to bed at 10 and tossed and turned till 3:30 am and was back up by 6:30 am. It's hard to feel "normal" when you haven't had sleep the entire week but I do feel great. Sleep will come. I know it will.
    sisjoanna likes this.

It's Sunday afternoon now, which is the 7th day without one. Only symptom I really have left is insomnia. I just can't get any sleep. The longest I've slept without interruption is 3 hours. Most everything else is gone. Anyone on here know when sleep will come? Getting frustrated. I have tried Melatonin, Advil PM, NyQuil and even some sleep time tea. No go. Getting frustrated. Not go get a pill frustrated but frustrated still.
    sisjoanna likes this.

It's now Monday morning (day 8). Still not sleeping at all. Last night sucked (maybe got 2-3 hours). Went to work today but was in a trance like state for most of the day. I've already told myself to just accept the fact I'm not going to be able to sleep for another week and I just need to man up. Still no urges. The thought of a pill now actually make me sick. Most everything has subsided. I brought some ibprofin to work with me for any aches and didn't even take any. Still trying to eat healthy. Feel like my body is screaming for it. Overall I'm staying positive as I know I'm close and the worst is over. I'm just so damn happy I made this decision and stuck to it this time. I will come back and update once I start getting sleep. As of now that's the last thing left really.
    sisjoanna likes this.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Congratulations..
    You are doing great..
    You did it before you ended up on ORT
    Methadone or suboxone..
    3-5 days is nothing compared to the rest of your life.
    I hope you can sit back and see what made you go that route in the first place..
    Because those situations will occur again..
    Life continues
    Stuff happens
    After we are clean
    We need tools to stay that way!
    Life is sooo much better from this side..
    One of our members put all the cash he saved from not buying pills
    And 1 year later walked in and paid cash for a brand new red 4x 4 truck ..
    You have to reward yourself in some way..
    If you can do this
    You can do anything..
    40 people a day die from prescription addiction ..
    Thank god it is not going to be you or me..
    Take care
    Bette

Melatonin helps with sleep it is a vitamin
    Or
    Strong sleepy time tea

Sleep is the last thing to return
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-09-2015 at 11:36 PM.
    savage22 and sisjoanna like this.

Thanks for the encouraging words. Couldn't agree more. I'm on day 11 now and actually got a good 4 straight hours of sleep last night. Felt good. Getting back to normal now. Couldn't be happier. I hope I can encourage someone else to do the same.
    sisjoanna likes this.

zyx123 is offline New Member

Hello. Brand new here. Do not know how to start new thread..oh how I want to be where you are. I am still in throws of opiate pill addiction. Mostly Vicodin which dies not work for me anymore for last 6 months of He#$. Anyhow I plan on going to detox again. Second time. First time had no idea how rough it would be. Made it 10 days. Pain and depression made me resume. Perhaps impatience and uneducation on coming off. I'm wondering if I give myself 60 days post detox at hone if that will be sufficient time to heal. I will attend meetings. I feel 2 months of my life to gain my life back. Its a must. Dont know if I will find employment in my field or if I will be welcome back to work. All a unknown but I must take the chance to save my life. These pills over last 5 years are now killing me. I have the type of job that I can't go to work severely compromised. Any insight greatly appreciated!

Hey there. Do whatever it takes. Just remember that you need to be mentally strong and really ready to do this. It is a tough mind game. I am on day 21 now and every day it gets better. On like day 14-17 the mind games started messing with me. I was feeling better but still had those little voices telling me to screw it up but i pushed them aside. It was difficult because I felt sluggish and real lack of motivation so it was hard at work especially. My mind would start preparing me to feel sick because I hadn't taken one but I knew that was over. Then when I was feeling sluggish at work my mind would tell me "just take one" so I could get things done. But then, what about tomorrow? I started feeling a depressed because I felt as though I was just waiting for the day to be over, but than once it was I still had difficulty sleeping. I just kept reminding myself though of the feeling I had while I was on them (probably the same way you feel now) and how I never want to go back there. I just took it a day at a time. Now, it seems as though it's getting better everyday. I'm starting to get a solid 4-6 hours of sleep every night and during the day it's getting better. Thinking about it less and less and starting to feel more energy. Another thing I did is any time I felt a strong craving I would go back and not only re-read my posts but other peoples posts about what hell they are currently in. I also think about the progress I've made and how I would not want to set myself back at all. Especially with a full nights sleep coming anytime. I honestly feel like I'm closing in on 100%.. I know you can do this too. Be strong and remind yourself how horrible you feel right now with the addiction controlling you. When I was addicted I felt like I was chained inside a dark box. Once you get those chains off and step outside, your body needs time to adjust. it's much better out here though. Prepare yourself for whats to come. Read blogs, watch videos so that you know you're not alone. It helps. Good luck to you. You can do it if you really want it!

I'm back for an update. Today is day 31 and I gotta admit, I'm feeling good. I'm finally getting sleep and I think about it less and less everyday. I still have days where I feel lethargic and lack of motivation but it is getting better. I feel pretty close to 100%. I'm staying focused on keeping myself clean and reminding myself of the hell I went through while addicted. This is keeping any cravings I do still have at bay and not reacting to them. Life is already so much better. My mind is so much clearer now. I remind myself when I do have a little anxiety from the cravings that it is nothing compared to the anxiety I used to have while addicted when I was "running low". Oh how I do not miss that at all. Again, thank you to everyone that is on here that has posted already. Reading blogs and watching videos helped me so much! I feel free and I'm going to keep working on staying that way! Like a previous post on here said, you need to reflect on what made you go down this path in the first place because those situations will arise again. What great advice! Prepare yourself to STAY clean!!!!

Flower child 2015 is offline Junior Member

These posts are inspiring me I'm on a rapid taper from 8 7.5 oxycodones daily
    It's been 4 days and I'm now on 2 pills daily
    It's starting to be difficult but I agree our mind is turning up the anxiety

I agree. Everyone seems so afraid of the physical but it's the mental that's tough. I'm glad it is inspiring you to quit. No better time than now! I'm at 6 weeks now and still feeling good. I still have thoughts about it but your mind is what takes the longest to heal. I can see how some people relapse if they are not prepared properly. You do wonder "will I ever be all the way normal again?" The answer is yes, you just need time. It's exactly how I thought I was never going to be able to sleep right again but guess what? I'm sleeping just fine now. It came. You just need to concentrate on getting through each phase of it. For me, it started with the physical (about 3 days). During that time you really crave because you know it will make it go away. The next phase was feeling foggy and out of it still with physical symptoms but noticeably less of them (Day 4-7). For me cravings started to subside a little during this time. Next phase was no sleep phase. During this time my physical symptoms were basically done I just couldn't sleep. At this time my cravings stopped. I was so obsessed about getting sleep that's all I thought about. (Day 7-15). After that I started sleeping and felt back to normal. Then cravings came back a little. It was almost like I felt as I was just going through the motions daily and a little depressing because of it. I'm on week 6 now and it still gets better every day. The busier I keep myself the less I think about it. It's been a long crazy journey but it's been 100% worth it. I know you can get here too.
    Againbutnomore likes this.