Off the oxy but exhausted
    kball41 is offline New Member

Default Off the oxy but exhausted

Hi All, brand new here...

I had been on Oxy for about 5 years or so, about 90mgs a day. I made the decision to cold turkey and got some symptom management stuff from my doctor. She wasn't really keen to the idea of cold turkey. She wanted me to taper but I decided I'd rather be sick for a week than for two months. It went about the way I expected. I ended up taking two weeks off work but I feel ok.

The issue that I am really dealing with is I am exhausted. Little to no energy and can't sleep more than a couple hours a night. I am in no danger of relapsing but sure would like some insight as to how long this >>>> is going to last.

Can anyone give me some insight? I really would appreciate it.

Ken

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

If it makes you feel any better these are the top complaints once you get past the acute phase, and they do drag on a while. It can be two, three, four weeks or more before sleep returns and energy begins to return. I was off from 60 mg a day for probably about two months before I was really back to normal but there was gradual improvement all along. Read some of the other threads here there is a lot of talk about these issues. The Need to Talk section has some recent threads on the subject.

kball41 is offline New Member

I can certainly live with a few weeks of it. Small price to pay to be off the pills...

Thanks