Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By polcat79
opiate withdrawel.
    polcat79 is offline New Member

Default opiate withdrawel.

Chances are I'm writing this in the wrong section. I'm writing in regards to my recent opiate withdrawal. I was addicted to solpodol. 30/500 codeine and paracetamol tablets prescribed by so called doctors. I was taking ten to fifteen 30/500 pills a day. My addiction started in 2011. In all honesty the first year of taking them was great. I felt a high like none other. Then my aggressive mood started. These pills where slowly killing me. It's been two weeks to the day now since I stopped taking anything and started going cold turkey. Reason for me being here is to tell people of the nightmare I Have suffered since stopping. It's the closest I have been to death and losing the plot completely. I haven't slept in two weeks. I've been bed ridden but with insomnia. Nights are never ending. The first week I wasn't sure if I was actually alive or dead. Horrific mind games. Vomiting every ten minutes. Eventually I started throwing up blood. I was taken to hospital and hooked up to an iv drip cos I was empty. I hadn't eaten in five days. I had headache for five days. I cannot translate into words the mental torture the mind goes thru. I'm a very strong minded person but this >>>> knocked the wind out of my sails. Two weeks on and I'm still weak and have little or no energy. I still get headache every day. For this I use only nurofen. Nothing else. I've gone completely cold turkey with no substitute. In process of all this I caught a bad flu. My dear people I simply cannot explain how horrific my experience has been. But please do not let this deter anybody from doing cold turkey. I'm not one hundred percent yet but what I feel now is a million times better than the feeling of being hooked on those horrific I'd pills and the rotten feeling it leaves you with. Be strong people and do your prison sentence as I call it. The sun is brighter on this side. The air is fresher. Two weeks on and I feel human again. Hopefully another week and I should be around 80/90 percent better. First week is very bad but it's worth it. I send you all my praise and best of luck with quoting this poison the system happily sells us. No such thing as can't. Be strong and kick this >>>>. Your better than that stuff. My love and best to all my brother s and sisters going through this pain. I feel it.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-20-2015 at 03:03 PM.

Iwant2help is offline Member

You are awsome.An animal.Kicking and clawing and fighting your way towards the door like a winner.
    Great story and glad you got through the physical misery.Youre right we are a family with a bond no one could know unless they've been the victim of this nightmare.Keep going strong

Mazagangy1234 is offline New Member

Default props

Quote Originally Posted by Iwant2help View Post
    You are awsome.An animal.Kicking and clawing and fighting your way towards the door like a winner.
    Great story and glad you got through the physical misery.Youre right we are a family with a bond no one could know unless they've been the victim of this nightmare.Keep going strong
    Give you all the props and pay homage to your will of steel

zilgen is offline New Member

Wow...cold turkey huh? It takes a lot of courage and big kahunas to pull that off polcat! much respect for ya. I gave up pot cold turkey, but I'm a woosy when it comes to crucial pain! I know that I can get off of these subs and I have the strong desire to do so. I've been on these things for a year now and so has my girlfriend. What really sucks about that, is I don't think she has any intentions of quitting. It's like trying to stop smoking cigarettes when you live with someone who smokes. But I'm not gonna let that stop me. This is the first and only time that I've been addicted to a physical drug. I'm scared! I'm almost 49 and thank God I don't have any medical or health problems. I know that the older a person is, the more dangerous it is to put your body through this. I've been taking very small portions and I just found out from reading a lot of these posts, that I've been doing it all wrong. I was taking a piece, then skipping a day and taking a piece and skipping a day. I guess I thought that it would get out of my body quicker like that. I tried almost 3 days without anything and I could barely handle the lower back pain and the restless legs. I'd rather be put in an induced coma until it's all over. But that's not going to happen. One thing I can say.....I'm really glad that I found this site. Now I don't feel so alone in this. There is nothing like suffering alone.....Good luck Polcat. By the way....I was reading about that Withdrawal Ease program....I'm seriously considering purchasing it....seems legit.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-31-2015 at 02:31 PM.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zilgen View Post
    Wow...cold turkey huh? It takes a lot of courage and big kahunas to pull that off polcat! much respect for ya. I gave up pot cold turkey, but I'm a woosy when it comes to crucial pain! I know that I can get off of these subs and I have the strong desire to do so. I've been on these things for a year now and so has my girlfriend. What really sucks about that, is I don't think she has any intentions of quitting. It's like trying to stop smoking cigarettes when you live with someone who smokes. But I'm not gonna let that stop me. This is the first and only time that I've been addicted to a physical drug. I'm scared >>>>less! I'm almost 49 and thank God I don't have any medical or health problems. I know that the older a person is, the more dangerous it is to put your body through this. I've been taking very small portions and I just found out from reading a lot of these posts, that I've been doing it all wrong. I was taking a piece, then skipping a day and taking a piece and skipping a day. I guess I thought that it would get out of my body quicker like that. I tried almost 3 days without anything and I could barely handle the lower back pain and the restless legs. I'd rather be put in an induced coma until it's all over. But that's not going to happen. One thing I can say.....I'm really glad that I found this site. Now I don't feel so alone in this. There is nothing like suffering alone.....Good luck Polcat. By the way....I was reading about that Withdrawal Ease program....I'm seriously considering purchasing it....seems legit.
    Hey there. Have you read the taper plan? It's the very first thread on the Suboxone Treatment board. You should start a new thread there and we'll help you with your Sub taper

Kat

SAMY12345 is offline New Member

Hi, i've been addicted to Codeine for almost 2 years with large doses, i stopped cold turkey by myself, the withdrawal symptoms were very hard, so i took a Substitute drug, Subutex, for 3 months, then i decided it was time to be drug free, so i stopped Subutex cold turkey, the withdrawal symptoms were horrific. now after 2 months off Subutex, i still experience some symptoms, especially insomnia that doesn't seem to get better.
    Wish you good lack, and be careful of risk of relapse which is very common after the acute phase of withdrawal.

1DaysPay is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iwant2help View Post
    Amen to that.

Cold turkey without tapering, subs, or thomas method? Thats insane! Props to your will power and strength. If you can go through all that then you can do anything in life. You have demonstrated relentless self control and deserve to feel human again. Everyday you put under your belt from that day 1 off pain meds is one day closer to feeling human again. Undoubtedly you will be at crossroads with urges and playing mindgames trying to convince yourself to take just one, but i believe you will fight those demons off.

Congrats and all the best in life drug free!

1dayspay