Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Iluvmykitties
  • 1 Post By Done with hydro
Oxycodone for 5 months....coming off now.....no energy....
    Iluvmykitties is offline New Member

Default Oxycodone for 5 months....coming off now.....no energy....

Hello all......I started using Oxy about 5 months ago because I was depressed after losing my father las August 31st. I am also on Effexor(started in Dec 2012). The Effexor helped and I was also given Ativan .5mg for anxiety attacks and to help me sleep when I need it. Well the Effexor wasn't enough for me. I am 48 and should have known better but it all started with a FB msg to an old friend I knew used and could get. Not blaming him at all but that first time doing them(I got 2 15mgs)I did 7.5mg and felt like a million bucks. Happy.....well on Easter of this year I lost my mother and at that point my addiction had grown to anywhere from 3 to 5 30s of Oxy a day. Oh yeah...had a job I hated and quit back in early January to run my own business(I am an oil burner tech)....Couple weeks ago I started having a couple pops in the late morning to go along with my first 30 of the day. I am on day 6 of no Oxy. I managed to get my hands on some 7.5 Vikes last Friday and took 3 days to go thru 20 of them. Now I am weaning on Tramadol 50mg....so I have gone from the Oxy to the Vikes now down to the Tramadol but lack of energy is rough. I just put up a new sign in my yard for my biz and was tired pretty quick. I have tried Suboxone(I managed to get my hands on a couple strips once and do not feel I want to go down that road. I have about 10 Tramadols left then it's off the opiates for good. I have spent the past 5 months abusing the >>>> out of my body,rarely working....I spent a nice chunk of savings and some CC $ supporting my habit. And last but not least perhaps is I started up smoking ciggs after a 6 year quit.....Any ideas on the energy thing and when I will start to feel a bit more like myself??......thanx....any advice is appreciated

numbOne is offline Member

First of all condolences for your losses. I dread that day and can only imagine how difficult it must be.

The thing is, weening down or not, all three drugs are working on your opiate receptors. Weening down should just lessen the w/d Symptoms but you will most likely have serious energy issues even if you weened down to 1/2 a vic and did that for a month. Whne the false signals are gone it will have it's effect. You will feel deprived of energy.

You might as well just wrap your head around that. Then, like in a war get as much ammo as you can. Get things from the thomas recipe, make sure you excericise and drink plenty of fluids. Just prepare for it. Whne you no longer have any opiate in your system it will take some time to get your energy and things like sleep back, but they will return if you give yourself time to heal and take the measures to promote that healing.

Post on here often as getting people in corner really does help, and in an odd way adds some additional accountability.

thank you numbOne......I came clean with my girlfriend yesterday afternoon. She has never really done drugs and was not impressed but reacted better than I figured. The last battle I had was with Cocaine and oddly enough,after my father died I ran into an old friend who I used to hang out with and he thought it would cheer me up by buying a 50 piece.....well I tried a line and I hated it!!......I used to love that feeling. Before that I hadn't touched coke in over 15 years and never have again since that day last year. I did some small stuff yesterday and am going to head outside to do a few things today. One day at a time right?
    thanx again for your input and keep in touch
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-04-2013 at 07:44 AM.

BrokenAngel36 is offline Member

I also am sorry to hear of your losses and send my condolences, I lost my father in 2002 and started using and abusing more than I was before.

Congratulations on deciding to stop! That is fantastic! The energy thing, it will get better, I can not give an exact time frame for you, as I still struggle and have been sober since Jan 2013. My energy levels are definetly rising, but I try to keep myself busy and power through it. I do push myself, maybe I shouldn't but I do go for brisk walks. I have recently joined a gym, it seems to be helping. I think we are so used to the false energy the pills provided that we have to work on our own energy. Thank you for sharing, I wish you the best of luck. Once again I am sorry for your loss, that is hard, I know. Keep posting and let us know of your progress.

Take Care,
    Angel

Thank you BrokenAngel....much appreciated!!.....Congrats on your sobriety!!...keep up the good work. I tilled my garden today and planted 12 tomato plants. Then mowed some(on a rider)and did some weedwacking and I am spent. I used to go to a gym. I am going to start taking short walks every morning and I have a bicycle that has been collectng dust since last summer. One other thing though.....how was your appetite when you first quit??....Mine is not that great and I have lost about 10 pounds in the last 2 weeks. But I was kinda fat anyway....lol......5'6 and 185....now 5'6 and 175.....

BrokenAngel36 is offline Member

I am proud you kept yourself busy today, that is the best thing for you right now. As far as my appetite I had none. It took about two months before I regained that as well as good sleep, well I say good, I still had to use a sleep aid. I am 6 months sober now and I will still get the cravings for the pills occasionally, when that happens I read or do anything possible to occupy my thoughts. I am so proud of you. You are doing great, keep it up.

Also I do have a sponsor with NA and anytime I feel weak, I just call her and she is amazing. Please find a support system. I love this site so keep posting.

Good morning all. Think I'm gonna take a shower and head to the Home Depot. Get outta the house for a while then come back and do some planting. After today and tomorrow looks like rain Fri and Sat. This is day 8 with no Oxy.....day 3 with no Vike......and now down to a tramadol at night for sleep.....gonna cut the remaining 6 in half as they seem to help me with the runny nose and post nasal drip at night that prevents me from sleeping much. Came clean with my girlfriend on Monday and got my earful yesterday,I just let her speak her peace then went outside for a cigg. Need to quit the ciggs too as they seem to have tasted much better while I was using....I guess that's kinda like when I was in my 20's and drank alot the ciggs tasted good while drinking. I was 6 years without them so I will be again but first things first. Thanx again Angel....look forward to hearing from you again. Hope your day is good!!

numbOne is offline Member

Good Morning. I like to think that perhaps the ONLY good thing that came out of my addiction was better empathy for other addicts. It really does "take one to know one" so don't be too perturbed if your GF doesnt get it - don't let it be a disconnect just tell her some things you can only truly understand through experience and let her know what a sensitive time is is for you and loose reigns and much support is what you need right now.
    Same thing with me - last couple times a tried coke it just wasnt the same as before. I've sworn to decline if the opportunity arises again as it just hasnt been fun like i remember. Guess it's physiology changes attributed to aging coupled with the difficulties of stress and life just being more serious in general - it's just hard to let your guard down and party like whne we are young.

Hope your reduction/tapering method works. Be especially mindful of your diet to help lessen symptoms and provide the best possible nutrients to get through...

Hey there numbOne......thanks for that input. My GF has never done drugs,drinks rarely,so as you said...no she does not get it but she usually is not one to harp on things and I did tell her that the last thing I need right now is more guilt,I need her support. She will support me she says but if I go down that road again,it's it. So I have alot at stake here as we all do. I too have more sympathy for addicts now...have had since my coke nightmare but now even more. I just had a cup of coffee. I quit 5 months ago,didn't need it. Used to drink a ton but was cutting back anyway but thought it might help a bit with the energy thing and it has(although like pills it is false energy I guess too)....I appreciate the input from you and Angel and hope we keep in touch and can support and help one another although you guys are helping me immensely!...thank you. I have not sought out NA yet. I know Angel has a sponsor. I may yet but I find if I just try and keep my mind focused on one thing at a time it helps rather than scatter my thoughts all over the place. I hope the taper helps too. I know I am scared a bit of the day I run out of the Tram but I have no access to more(nobody sells it up here on the street)and I have ridden myself of 2 of the 3 'friends' I had while using and the 3rd friend I have known for 14 years and he will not call me and try to push anything on me like the other 2 would do. I gotta run out for a bit while my coffee is working. Take care and thanx again.

jplturbo is offline Member

I am fairly new to this sight but I want to say congrats on your decision to stop! I also think it is a good sign that you have been able to slowly wean down on your dosaging and conserve you remaining supply. That takes a lot of self control to have a supply and only take what is neccesary to get by. I am doing something similar to what you are except I am on a much higher dose(50mcg/hr fent patch) of weaning before I go cold turkey this Friday. But in my mind its better to spread out the pain of WD rather than all at once. I bet once you take that last half of Tram you will feel a sense of relief. You no longer have to worry about when you will take you next pill or how you can get more. I will keep an eye on your progress, best of luck. I am right with you detoxing.

thanx jplturbo!.....I agree on the WD. My friend of 14 years,the one of the 3 I still will answer the phone for among my 'drug' friends has been using for over 10 years!.....he tells me he could probably do 7,8,or even 10 Oxy 30's at once and I have seen him WD and it's an ugly sight. It's a daily hunt for him as it just about was for me. You get up and the first thing on your mind is how and when you can score what you need for the day. Something in me said stop....you cannot live like this anymore. It's a horrible way to live. When I had my coke problem years ago I wasn't an every day user but if I went out to the bar and had enough beer in me it was like a switch and I wanted to score some coke.....and the problem was I was the guy people in that bar usually came to so I had people asking me all the time and of course I made free coke. I shake my head to think of all the $ I spent on coke but the Oxy'x were getting up there too. Around these parts you sometimes pay $40 for a 30mg pill.....anyway,enough of that. Thanks for replying and I too am new to this sight but it has been a salvation for me these past few days. Know that I am here and if you need to lean on someone give a yell. We will detox together!.....good luck to you as well!

sleep has been tough to come by the last 2 nights. grrr

been 2 weeks since any oxy........over a week since any vikes.....and the trammys ran out today.....I am officially opiate free.......couple of job interviews tomorrow!!......just wanted to check in with you guys who helped me out so much with just this one thread!!.....THANK YOU!!!.......while it is still one day at a time and temptation is always there.....at this point,getting a job where I will be subject to random drug screens is a GOOD thing for me.....another reason to never go back down this dark road again
    thex likes this.

thex is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvmykitties View Post
    been 2 weeks since any oxy........over a week since any vikes.....and the trammys ran out today.....I am officially opiate free.......couple of job interviews tomorrow!!......just wanted to check in with you guys who helped me out so much with just this one thread!!.....THANK YOU!!!.......while it is still one day at a time and temptation is always there.....at this point,getting a job where I will be subject to random drug screens is a GOOD thing for me.....another reason to never go back down this dark road again
    WOW!!! great Job!!! Be very proud of yourself!!!

thanx you thex.....

Done with hydro is offline New Member

I bought a nutribullet and started drinking homemade vegetable/fruit drinks. Bananas, spinach, grapes, kale, squash, blue berries, black berries, flax seed, chard, pineapple, oranges, carrots, beets, and red cabbage. This will help,with the lack of energy.
    Iluvmykitties likes this.

Whathaveyougot is offline New Member

Hey man way to go!! I just joined this site. Only because I didn't know it existed. I hope you keep it up it sucks to have to start it all over I have seen it plenty. I am 6 months clean of any opiate. I didn't tapper or anything I just quit and put myself through hell to make starting back up that much less attractive. I had a 4ish year habit. Was doing god knows how much because I was given all I could take after I was injured overseas. I wouldn't wish the cold turkey hell on anyone I just didnt know what else to do but quit it all at once because I was loosing everything. I'm glad you found a way to make it easier and I am picking all this up and I'm able to use some of y'all's techniques to help some of these younger vets that come to me for help. Their bigger reason for not quitting is the WD's. this is an awesome site and if there is anything I can help you with or answer any questions just let me know. Again congrats with your decision and stay strong in your recovery there are more people rooting for you to stay clean than to use.
    Jon

thank you Jon and thank you for your service to our country. I have never served but my Dad was 20 years US Navy and I was raised with a healthy respect for our service folks. Congrats on your sobriety!.....The taper thing helped but once I ran out it was still tough. Physically and mentally. I am currently trying to find a good job to dig myself out of the hole my habit created. I drive trucks(CDL B w/Haz mat and a TWIC card). I have a few irons in the fire but nowadays getting a good job takes time with the interview process,background checks,drug tests...etc...Ditto on the help if you need anything just ask and if it is within my power I will do it. You're a good man extending a helping hand to the younger vets. Keep in touch and keep sober.
    Mark