Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Oxycodone Withdrawal, help!
    Ambitionn is offline Member

Default Oxycodone Withdrawal, help!

Hi, I'm 21 years old and am backing on oxycodone pills. I first got clean about 8 months ago and I felt great! Life was so much better, not spending all my money on these pills, not needing a pill to go through the day. Life was normal. But, about around Thanksgiving I met up with an old buddy of mine (who I used to do them with) and he gave me a perc (10/325) and of course I said, "One can't hurt" and it brought it all back. Since then have been using daily. Around 3 a day maybe 4. But, the last week and a half maybe two I've been doing roxys (30mg) about 1 a day. I never did roxys in my life until then and now I want off! I'm currently in the start of day 3. My use is no where near what it was 8 months ago but, I'm feeling the WD symptoms pretty rough for only about a months use. Can anyone help me out with what I should do to help with the WDs? I'm achy in my lower back and my knees. RLS is hitting pretty hard. I'm getting the sweats everyone now and then, sleep is a disaster, it's tough. Am I almost of out of it? Help.

Anyone?

Kikker is offline Advanced Member

hello and welcome. please be patient as the people here volunteer their precious time to do this. no one is paid to be here and we all have our own lives to deal with daily. i'm sure u understand.

opiate detox usually takes between 3-10 days with the WORST of the symptoms usually between days 3-4. after that each day gets better and better. i'll give u the link to the thomas recipe for opiate withdrawal that many use here and report how helpful it is....

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...wal-35169.html

lots of natural vitamins and supplements that will help with ur symptoms. it does recommend the use of benzo's, but i wouldn't use them until u check with ur doctor first. don't need an addiction to them as they are the worst to get off of.

stay as busy as possible and get as much exercise as possible so as to not have time to think about the symptoms. give it some time, ur getting off drugs and it didn't take u a day or a week to get addicted, so u can't expect it to be golden in a matter of days.

also remember that ur getting off drugs and the drugs don't want u to do that. it's not supposed to be easy. u will also need further support than this forum can offer. i HIGHLY recommend that u get into some NA, or AA support meetings ASAP. that's how u learn what lead u to addiction in the first place, and how to remain clean long term.

hope this helps. keep posting. get all ur thoughts out and put them down here to look back on and realize where ur at, and how far u have come. i wish u the very best. u CAN do this, IF U WANT IT MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD!

others should be here shortly to offer u other suggestions and advice.

also hot showers, and lots of hot baths with Epsom Salts in the water will help with sore and tired, achy muscles. u can purchase at almost any pharmacy or retail store that sells health items some Hylands Restful Legs that should help with the RLS. many use it here and most say it does help. a heating pad also could be of benefit.

get rid of ALL pills if u have any, and get rid of ALL ways that u have ways of getting pills from. if u really do want this, that must be done. ur way wasn't working, so u have to get out of ur comfort zone and do something different IF u want to remain clean this time.
    freegerry likes this.

Thank you for checking in with me. It seems as if I'm in the worst of it as you said Day 3 and 4, which is today and tomorrow for me. I do have work at 4 PM EST today so hopefully that will get my mind off of it, is there anyway to stop the chills or shakes? That's really the only tough part for me. I can deal with the aches as I've been using a heating pad on my bad and been taking hot baths. Honestly, I feel a little better today. The chills aren't as strong as they were yesterday so that's a good sign, right?

I can only get from 3 people and I've deleted all there numbers in my phone from contacting them, so I am serious this time. I want my life back.

I'm actually going to soak in a hot bath right now to help. Today I definitely have a little more energy than yesterday no question. I''ve been taking vitamins, Vitamin d3 pills, drinking gatorade and water, eating yogurts that contain loads of potassium so I'm flushing out my body and entering the good vitamins it needs. I don't feel like talking much but, I'm able to move around more unlike the past 2 days where I've wanted to just lay down and do nothing. So I'm looking on the bright side and thinking the WDs are actually subsided ahead of schedule, maybe because I wasn't using for a long time?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-02-2013 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambitionn View Post
    I can only get from 3 people and I've deleted all there numbers in my phone from contacting them, so I am serious this time. I want my life back.
    what about if they call you??? u have to let those people know that ur done with drugs. u have to let them know how serious u really are. one single pill will lead u right back to day one. how many more day 1's do u have in u???

one of the best phrases on here is from my friend Reid (caughtagain) and he always says, and it is soooo true is that: "this too shall pass". no truer words were ever spoken. the symptoms don't last forever. deal with each symptoms as they come up. dress warm, get a fan if ur hot...etc, etc....

each day gets better and better. ur entire goal is to just get thru today! get thru each hour, each minute. do that and u have a big head start on tomorrow!

u CAN do this!

Quote Originally Posted by Kikker View Post
    what about if they call you??? u have to let those people know that ur done with drugs. u have to let them know how serious u really are. one single pill will lead u right back to day one. how many more day 1's do u have in u???

one of the best phrases on here is from my friend Reid (caughtagain) and he always says, and it is soooo true is that: "this too shall pass". no truer words were ever spoken. the symptoms don't last forever. deal with each symptoms as they come up. dress warm, get a fan if ur hot...etc, etc....

each day gets better and better. ur entire goal is to just get thru today! get thru each hour, each minute. do that and u have a big head start on tomorrow!

u CAN do this!
    They won't call me but, I didn't think of that so if they do I will tell them. Yeah the sweats are the worse, one second i'm cold so I bundle up underneath the covers and then the next I'm too hot and freaking out so throw the covers off me, that's the worst part to me. I just can't get comfortable but, I'm going to take a bath and soak for awhile and see how I feel when I get out.

just please remember that ur off drugs now and they do not like it one single bit. they are going to do everything possible in the way of symptoms to get u to take that one single pill so they can have u right back where u were. think of it as a war, a war on drugs, and a fight against addiction. get mad at them for taking over ur life. fight back when those symptoms are the worst. fight hard for ur life. i promise u at 3 days clean it is almost over, the symptoms that is. then the mental games begin. that is why NA or AA is soooo important like i said. that is what will help keep u clean!

I'm getting ready for work now, feeling alot of anxiety right now. I'm getting the chills and shakes right now. They tend to be on and off today. Mostly on but, are glimpses of times where I feel good. Hoping work will take my mind off of it and get 5 hours of the day complete and then hopefully sleep wont be too bad and ill be on to day 4 tomorrow!

hold on to those short glimpses because that's what everyday will be like shortly. this may be the toughest day for u, and if u can handle this i'm certain u can handle the rest. ur endorphins have been surpressed by the drugs for a long time and need to begin working on their own. as u get more exercise by working, walking, swimming, jogging, or whatever those endorphins begin to work full strength, and as a result u will feel much better. work right now is the very best thing for u. it wiil get better.

So I'm on day 4 right now. Feel a little better, a little more energy today. I feel like I can move around more today but, can't seem to stay still when laying down. Sleep isn't the greatest last night. Looking on the bright side though. I know today will be a hard day as most of you say day 4 is hard.

yep, get thru today and the worst will be over. as i said each day gets better and better. just treat any symptoms if they come up. u can get some rls (restleg leg symptoms) and even get it in the arms when laying down. ur whole body could jerk a little. some use the hylands restful legs and say it helps, and there's also another one by hyland's that is for other symptoms.

ur doing great. keep doing and don't give in to that one pill. all the hard work u have done to this point will be wasted and u'll have to start all over. keep posting ok. it really does help to get things out and clear ur mind of any crazy thoughts u may have.

for sleep maybe try some melatonin and/or sleepy time tea. i actually had to use them together to get about 4-5 hrs of good sleep. the lack of sleep is the last thing that returns to normal. u just got off drugs so a little loss of sleep shouldn't be too bad in return.

I got some espom salt and zzquil for sleep if it's really that much of a struggle. I went to my friends house for a little this afternoon and it got my mind off it some what so that helped. I'm just watching tv with a heating pad on my back and drinking gatorade for now. Been eating bananas and had my breakfast and lunch already so thats good. Today is getting better and i'm seeing more and more glimpses of reality.

Also with my dosage and for how long I've been doing them, being that I don't think it was that severe, how long would the WDs last in my case? Doing roxys the past week and half make the WDs worse by any chance?

Checking in again. Almost done with day 4 and its been a pretty good day. My mind was off of it for some good periods of time. I have really bad anxiety and never told anyone until a couple days I told my mom. My mom is the same way so I know where I get it from. She sees a therapist weekly and this week I joined with her. I dont know how I feel about it but, I'm sure talking goes along way.

end of day 4 and u made it. that's awesome! u have turned the corner now and should be feeling much better beginning tomorrow. if u have the opportunity to talk with a therapist it may be very good for u at this point. but u also need to get into some NA or AA support meetings. u can't beat the king of support u will receive there. lots of others in the same position as u are that u can talk with face to face. u will learn how to avoid taking that first pill again that will lead u right back to day one again. i'd definitely look for a meeting in ur immediate area.

As you can see my the time of my post, sleeps not an option. Tonight was by far the worst night for sleep which I didnt expect since the day time seemed promising...

Sleep has to be the worst of it now.

Have any recommendations for sleep? I tried zzzquil tonight and i slepted for like 2 hours.

Nczarny is offline New Member

I'm dealing with the same stuff. I can't eat anything and the last time I had one was more than 24 hrs ago. I did around 2 40s a day. I need help going through this please. Thanks

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

NCzarny: You need to post in the "need to talk" section of the forum and start your own thread so people can see it.
    Check out the Thomas Recipe, as well as stay hydrated: water, pure fruit juices and gatorade. Eat what you feel like eating staying away from processed foods. You can make it through this: you have around 3-5 really bad days ahead of you.

Peace,

Iloerose

Oh I see. Yeah I'm on day 3 and feeling a lot better. I was able to eat a baegel and go to work today. And I'm hoping tomorrow is going to be better than today. I'm already feeling a lot better and Ihave followed tThomas recipe except for the script betas, I use unisom to try and sleep

Good for you! You will keep feeling better and better!!! You're doing great!

Peace,

Iloerose

I'm having anxiety on day 4 and I hope to feel 100 percent by tomorrow. I rlly hope ido.

NC: Valarian root for anxiety or just a good cup of herbal tea. Try to meditate a bit and calm yourself down. Don't forget to get some exercise and to drink plenty of water! You're going good.

Peace,

Iloerose

I'm feeling a bit week today, but feeling better too. I took vitamins and everything today, so I hope that helps. I'm eating breakfast and having coffee. I slept well last night, but that's cause I had been up for two days straight almost. But I had a bit of cold sweats, but today is day five and I'm doing pretty well compared to most ppl in my position. So I'm happy and I am more social and everything.

LuisGilreath is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nczarny View Post
    I'm feeling a bit week today, but feeling better too. I took vitamins and everything today, so I hope that helps. I'm eating breakfast and having coffee. I slept well last night, but that's cause I had been up for two days straight almost. But I had a bit of cold sweats, but today is day five and I'm doing pretty well compared to most ppl in my position. So I'm happy and I am more social and everything.
    I am very happy to see you happy not just you but everyone in the whole world if recover from some disease.Keep exercising to remain healthy.

mhelcl is offline New Member

There are much better alternatives than methadone and Suboxone. Try Kratom, it has a much easier withdrawal profile than either methadone or suboxone and Kratom has been used for opiate detox purpose for much longer time mainly in Thailand. The best part is that it stops all withdrawals within 20 to 30 minutes and it is available without prescription in the USA. Look it up online. For opiate detox use the red vein type of Kratom.

RehabforTeens is offline New Member

This medication is used to help relieve moderate to severe pain.It belongs to a class of drugs known as narcotic analgesic.It works in the brain to change how your body feels and responds to pain.I strongly suggest speaking with your doctor and letting him know what you are planning.It is possible to quit the oxy cold turkey but I would not recommend it especially if you can get help from the doctor,and your success rate will also increase significantly. Good luck, it does get better, I know it is hard to keep telling yourself that as you feel awful but one day at a time and before you know the worst of the w/d are over and you are on your way to recovery!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast